PDA

View Full Version : Nite Rider batteries

Dave Cannell
May 27th 05, 01:49 PM
I have an older (6 volt, 2-conductor) Nite Rider Extreme whose battery is
not holding a charge. Any thoughts on replacement other than the expensive
Nite Rider?

Thanks, Dave
--

Jeff Starr
May 27th 05, 03:24 PM
> wrote:

>I have an older (6 volt, 2-conductor) Nite Rider Extreme whose battery is
>not holding a charge. Any thoughts on replacement other than the expensive
>Nite Rider?
>
>Thanks, Dave

Try a store that specializes in batteries. In my area we have
"Batteries Plus".

They will be able to tell you if you need the Nite Rider battery. I
don't know, as I have never seen one. But I would be surprised if they
couldn't come up with a substitute.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Brian Wax
May 27th 05, 05:56 PM
Have you shocked it or cycled it? You may want to plug the charger DIRECTLY
into the battery for about 5 minutes. Then plug the charger into the socket
near the controller. After it says it is charging and is full, turn it on
and leave it on until dead. It may hold a charge after this ritual.

Good luck,

Brian
"Dave Cannell" > wrote in message
.. .
>I have an older (6 volt, 2-conductor) Nite Rider Extreme whose battery is
> not holding a charge. Any thoughts on replacement other than the
> expensive
> Nite Rider?
>
> Thanks, Dave
> --

Don Wiss
May 28th 05, 11:45 AM
On Fri, 27 May 2005, Dave Cannell > wrote:

>I have an older (6 volt, 2-conductor) Nite Rider Extreme whose battery is
>not holding a charge. Any thoughts on replacement other than the expensive
>Nite Rider?

I don't know if I have the same one. But under the rubber covering it looks
like there are five AA size NiMH batteries. Since they are 1.2 volts,
wiring in series would get the six volts. AA size NiMH now are up to about
2300 MAh, so new batteries would last much longer than the originals. I
have been thinking of cutting it open and seeing what I could do.

The regular bike I now use has a hub generator and built in light. I now
have another light I use for my Caribbean trips. So getting this to work
isn't a high priority, though it could be useful at times.

How much does Nite Rider want for a new battery?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home