PDA

View Full Version : Young Woman on Bike

Maggie
May 27th 05, 07:44 PM
I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
near the dreaded hill.

She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
and she was listening to music from her headphones.

She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.

I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
that hill make me feel so damn old?

She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).

I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)

I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????

How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
AND HOT?

Maggie....The older woman.

"The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

May 27th 05, 08:25 PM
Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
all while maintaining our reproductive ability.

Will
May 27th 05, 08:33 PM
Maggie wrote:

> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).

Perhaps her age had nothing to do with it. Perhaps she's in great shape
and can climb the hill because SHE RIDES A LOT. My wife used to worry
about hills, then she had that moment of mental clarity... "This is
what gears are for." Now she just spins and smiles (as she passes the
younger women who are beautiful and don't ride as much).

Ride the hill everyday for a week or two. You'll see...

Joe Canuck
May 27th 05, 08:41 PM
Maggie wrote:

> I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)
>
> I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
> better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
> think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????
>
> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
> the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
> AND HOT?
>
> Maggie....The older woman.
>
> "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
> But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

Perhaps she was going up the hill in granny gear, the one you huff 'n
puff in on the flats. ;)

Seriously, did you check the gear?

Rich
May 27th 05, 08:48 PM
Maggie wrote:

> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape.
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)

"Young" and "fit" are not synonymous. And neither are "old" and "unfit".

I'm guessing there are many individuals, both male and female, that are
older then you and can ride up the "dreaded hill". And many that are
younger that cannot.

Just ride. And soon enough you'll be in the group that can ride up the
hill. And for motivation you can go read some of the posts made late
last fall by someone named "Maggie" about how great exercising made her
feel.

Rich

wafflycat
May 27th 05, 08:56 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?

Oh yes. I have a simple credo in life, I loathe all women younger, slimmer &
prettier than me. Of course I can always remind them that one day, they too
shall be as I am thanks to Issac Newton: it's all his fault. Just let them
wait until the day they take off their bras & their knees bruise... just let
them wait.. Then I shall cackle with glee ;-)

Cheers, helen s
(Wot, me twisted & bitter???)

Just zis Guy, you know?
May 27th 05, 08:59 PM
On 27 May 2005 11:44:26 -0700, "Maggie" >
wrote in message
. com>:

>She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.

And you can do that, too. Learn to spin. Low gears, good cadence,
and take it one revolution at a time.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Maggie
May 27th 05, 09:01 PM
wrote:
> Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
> all while maintaining our reproductive ability.

THE ABOVE PROVES MY POINT. It never changes. There is brain damage in
men. Middle age Men Alert:.... you do not look the same as you did
when you were in your 20's. Your brain is not operating properly and
you can't see yourself getting older. I'll never figure out why men
are like this. My husband is 59 and he still thinks he is 25. Thinks
he hasn't changed a bit. YEA DUH!!!!!

He is in excellent physical shape from exercising all his life, but he
sure does not look like the 26 year old guy I married. Unless I was in
a purple haze when I took my wedding vows.

Men...Liten up...25 is not 45. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! Get your college
yearbook out. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU LOOK THE SAME. This fascinates
me.

Maggie.
Can tell the difference between a 25 year old man and a 45 year old
man. YEP I CAN!!!!!

Bryan
May 27th 05, 09:27 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> wrote:
> > Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
> > all while maintaining our reproductive ability.
>

> THE ABOVE PROVES MY POINT. It never changes. There is brain damage in
> men. Middle age Men Alert:.... you do not look the same as you did
> when you were in your 20's. Your brain is not operating properly and
> you can't see yourself getting older. I'll never figure out why men
> are like this. My husband is 59 and he still thinks he is 25. Thinks
> he hasn't changed a bit. YEA DUH!!!!!
>
> He is in excellent physical shape from exercising all his life, but he
> sure does not look like the 26 year old guy I married. Unless I was in
> a purple haze when I took my wedding vows.
>
> Men...Liten up...25 is not 45. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! Get your college
> yearbook out. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU LOOK THE SAME. This fascinates
> me.
>
> Maggie.
> Can tell the difference between a 25 year old man and a 45 year old
> man. YEP I CAN!!!!!

Ah, there's the difference... Men don't care how they look!

ookook
May 27th 05, 09:42 PM
>How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
>past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
>Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
>the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
>AND HOT?

Because older men know how difficult it was to get any attention from
women when they were young and penniless.

Women have to look good to be attractive to men. Men merely have to
have some money to be attractive to women. That's why you can easily
find young attractive women with old, wealthy men, and why you rarely
find the opposite. When a woman has money, she no longer has need of
any man, young or old.

Don't complain to me about it. It's millions of years of evolution at
work. Men want fertile, attractive females, and females want men who
can provide for their offspring. Marriage was invented to keep older
women from having to support themselves when they are no longer
attractive to men.

Tom Keats
May 27th 05, 10:00 PM
In article . com>,
"Maggie" > writes:

> I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).

So anywayz, what kind of bike was she riding?

I hope it was a hot-lookin' cruiser.

(I do admire the beauty of bikes.) :-) :-) :-)

Short shorts, eh? Reminds me of a song ...

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

di
May 27th 05, 10:06 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>

> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
> the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
> AND HOT?
>
> Maggie....The older woman.
"

To me 51 would be young, but don't compare yourself with a 27 year old,
instead compare your self with others in their early 50's. Bet you are in
much better shape than most. I would also bet that when you were 27 you
could hang in there with the young lady. Any man past 40 that still
thinks he's 20 is either a fool are was in sad shape when he was really 20.

wafflycat
May 27th 05, 10:20 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
> all while maintaining our reproductive ability.

That's what senile old blokes *think* age does to them ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Mark Hickey
May 27th 05, 10:39 PM
"Maggie" > wrote:

>I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
>NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
>that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
>She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
>without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
>flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
>I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
>gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)
>
>I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
>better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
>think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????

Maggie, if it makes you feel any better, I know women a lot older than
you that could cruise up that hill faster than you too. Errrr, never
mind. ;-)

>How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
>past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
>Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
>the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
>AND HOT?

I'm pushing 48, and am a lot faster than I was at 20... if only
because I wasn't all that fast at 20. I regularly ride on a road
heavily used by college students, and haven't had any trouble passing
any of 'em, so I guess it's safe to say I'm not 20. Apparently I'm
better than 20 (2.4 times better I suppose) ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

wafflycat
May 27th 05, 10:50 PM
"Mark Hickey" > wrote in message

> I'm pushing 48, and am a lot faster than I was at 20... if only
> because I wasn't all that fast at 20. I regularly ride on a road
> heavily used by college students, and haven't had any trouble passing
> any of 'em, so I guess it's safe to say I'm not 20. Apparently I'm
> better than 20 (2.4 times better I suppose) ;-)

Well this middle-aged bird on her road bike takes great delight in pedalling
past "yoof" on MTBs and seeing the look on their faces as I sail past ;-)

Cheers, helen s

lokey
May 28th 05, 12:03 AM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).

I had a similar experience - though being a hetero male, my reaction was
somewhat different.

It was last year on my bike vacation to NS. I had paused at a crossroad to
look at the map and get my bearings. The crossroad was at the top of a
forbidding looking hill. I knew I would be coming back that way so I looked
at the grade with trepidation.

As I was standing their - encumbered with gear, along comes an absolutely
beautiful young woman up the hill: A vision in black spandex. Perfect body,
perfect face, perfect everything. I was smitten. [Men can only think with
one thing at a time - at the best of times.]

I was also a little taken aback at the apparent ease with which she took
the hill. My male ego bruised, I rationalized that I was two days into a
road tour hauling considerable gear while she was carrying nothing on a
racing bike. Still my pride was sullied.

However I realized on my return the hill looked a lot more difficult to
crest than it really was - optical illusion I guess.

As for envy of a younger women - don't worry about it. They may have the
looks but older women have the experience.

:)

--
'As your looks start slipping,
so should your standards.'

Lorenzo L. Love
May 28th 05, 12:08 AM
I think women should be put on a pedestal, just high enough that we can
look up their dress.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"Women…can't live with them; can't chain them in the yard."
Joxer the Mighty

Leo Lichtman
May 28th 05, 12:30 AM
"wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past "yoof" on
MTBs (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^
What's a "yoof?"

Bob
May 28th 05, 12:47 AM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past "yoof" on
> MTBs (clip)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> What's a "yoof?"

You know. Just say it out loud in a sentence. Try, "Da poleece wuz
chasin two yoofs."

Regards,
Bob Hunt

lokey
May 28th 05, 12:58 AM
"Bob" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Leo Lichtman wrote:
>> "wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past "yoof"
>> on
>> MTBs (clip)
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> What's a "yoof?"
>
> You know. Just say it out loud in a sentence. Try, "Da poleece wuz
> chasin two yoofs."

Is that from the Joe Pesci school of pronunciation?

Bob
May 28th 05, 01:00 AM
Maggie wrote:
> I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)
>
> I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
> better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
> think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????
>
> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
> the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
> AND HOT?
>
> Maggie....The older woman.
>
> "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
> But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

We know we're not 20 anymore, we just don't envy 20 yr old guys. Men
are more comfortable with aging than women because at that age when
physical attractiveness is really starting to slide men are hitting
their peak earnings potential. That's important because we know that
there are plenty of 20something girls that would be thrilled to have a
dinner date where the wait person doesn't ask, "Do you want fries with
that?".

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Emily
May 28th 05, 01:01 AM
Maggie wrote:
> I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)
>
> I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
> better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
> think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????

Rather than envying her, I would have felt sorry for her. No helmet?
Headphones? She's none too smart and accident bait to boot. Especially
if some guy passing in a pickup sees her hotness and swerves...well, you
get the picture.

Jeff Starr
May 28th 05, 01:29 AM
On 27 May 2005 12:33:50 -0700, "Will" >
wrote:

>Maggie wrote:
>
>> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>>
>> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
>> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
>> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
>Perhaps her age had nothing to do with it. Perhaps she's in great shape
>and can climb the hill because SHE RIDES A LOT. My wife used to worry
>about hills, then she had that moment of mental clarity... "This is
>what gears are for." Now she just spins and smiles (as she passes the
>younger women who are beautiful and don't ride as much).
>
>Ride the hill everyday for a week or two. You'll see...

I was thinking along similar lines, that the young woman probably
knows how to use her gears. I'm not sure that Maggie does.

I did an organized ride last Sept with a choice of 25 or 15 miles.
Well I did the 25, which turned out to be 30, but that was no big
deal. On my way back, at the halfway turn around for the 15, I met up
with a friend, who's bike I had tuned up and put road tires on, for
her one ride of the year.

As her friends had abandoned her, I rode back with her. A leisure
ride for me, a real struggle for her. At one point I asked her how she
was doing with the gears? [I had printed up Sheldon's info for
beginners, incl gear usage.] Her reply was that she quite liked
number 3. Apparently she hadn't shifted for any of the hills, up or
down.

I'd be very surprised if Maggie has learned to use her gears to
maintain a comfortable cadence.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Bob
May 28th 05, 01:44 AM
lokey wrote:
> "Bob" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Leo Lichtman wrote:
> >> "wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past "yoof"
> >> on
> >> MTBs (clip)
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> What's a "yoof?"
> >
> > You know. Just say it out loud in a sentence. Try, "Da poleece wuz
> > chasin two yoofs."
>
> Is that from the Joe Pesci school of pronunciation?

My apologies, my illustrative sentence was unintentionally misleading.
The Pesci pronunciation would be "yoots" pronounced just like the
Indian tribe of the American Southwest. "Yoofs" is the young Mick
Jagger pronunciation as in "Me and my mate, Keef Richards...." Mick's
pronunciation has improved greatly since his yoof. ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Leo Lichtman
May 28th 05, 01:55 AM
"Bob" wrote: You know. Just say it out loud in a sentence. Try, "Da poleece
wuz chasin two yoofs."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually, I did know. I was trying to make a reference to the line from the
movie, "My Cousin Vinnie."

Bill Sornson
May 28th 05, 01:58 AM
Maggie wrote:
> I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank
> top and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful.
> ;-)
>
> I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
> better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
> think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????
>
> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
> the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
> AND HOT?
>
> Maggie....The older woman.
>
> "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
> But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

A picture would have allowed the discerning reader to better evaluate your
experience.

Next time?

BS

GaryG
May 28th 05, 02:50 AM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)
>
> I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
> better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
> think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????
>
> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
> the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
> AND HOT?
>
> Maggie....The older woman.
>
> "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
> But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

Maggie, have you talked to your doctor about HRT?

It might help, and save on the usage of cap keys.

GG

May 28th 05, 04:14 AM
On 27 May 2005 13:01:06 -0700, "Maggie" >

>> Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
>> all while maintaining our reproductive ability.
>

>THE ABOVE PROVES MY POINT. It never changes. There is brain damage in
>men. Middle age Men Alert:.... you do not look the same as you did
>when you were in your 20's. Your brain is not operating properly and
>you can't see yourself getting older. I'll never figure out why men
>are like this. My husband is 59 and he still thinks he is 25. Thinks
>he hasn't changed a bit. YEA DUH!!!!!
>
>He is in excellent physical shape from exercising all his life, but he
>sure does not look like the 26 year old guy I married. Unless I was in
>a purple haze when I took my wedding vows.
>
>Men...Liten up...25 is not 45. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! Get your college
>yearbook out. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU LOOK THE SAME. This fascinates
>me.
>
>Maggie.
>Can tell the difference between a 25 year old man and a 45 year old
>man. YEP I CAN!!!!!

LOL, once I was out on a ride with a friend and these two guys stopped
next to us on their bikes. They were riding nice bikes but no helmets
and SHIRTLESS. It was a hot day. Now, needless to say, crashing while
shirtless would be painful but hey, it's their skin! And as for the
helmets, it's their skull. They were in pretty good shape, but they
were at least in their 50s. And I don't care how good you think you
look, after a certain age you just shouldn't go shirtless except at
the beach. TIme marches on, folks- just like you shouldn't go braless
after a certain age. Okay I know some women who can still get away
with it because they're really flat and don't sag. And after a certain
age, you can't get away with wearing skimpy teenage clothes no matter
how skinny you are.

David L. Johnson
May 28th 05, 04:20 AM
On Fri, 27 May 2005 11:44:26 -0700, Maggie wrote:

> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully.

Think about when you were 20. Would you want to live through that again?
I sure wouldn't.

> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of the
> brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG AND
> HOT?

Maybe not forever young, but....

As far as your issues with that girl go, the issues are yours. Why would
you want to be younger?

> Maggie....The older woman.
>
> "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age But that
> don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve
_`\(,_ | death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to
(_)/ (_) | them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
-- J. R. R. Tolkein

May 28th 05, 05:19 AM
Emily wrote:

> Rather than envying her, I would have felt sorry for her. No helmet?
> Headphones? She's none too smart and accident bait to boot. Especially
> if some guy passing in a pickup sees her hotness and swerves...well, you
> get the picture.

Oh, good grief.

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks the world is _that_ dangerous.

- Frank Krygowski

Mike Beauchamp
May 28th 05, 05:24 AM
If you get her email address, forward it to me :)

I was in Toronto last week, and was just completely in love with all these
nice girls riding around the city. (this NEVER happens where I'm from...
automotive capital of Canada).

Mike

"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
> twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
> near the dreaded hill.
>
> She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
> and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>
> She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>
> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
> NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
> that hill make me feel so damn old?
>
> She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
> without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
> flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>
> I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
> gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)
>
> I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
> better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
> think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????
>
> How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
> past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
> Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
> the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
> AND HOT?
>
> Maggie....The older woman.
>
> "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
> But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

Mike Latondresse
May 28th 05, 05:42 AM
"Maggie" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Men...Liten up...25 is not 45. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! Get your college
> yearbook out. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU LOOK THE SAME. This
> fascinates me.

Yeah, but we come around again at 65 and are just as good as we
were...trust me on this.

Bill Baka
May 28th 05, 06:25 AM
lokey wrote:
> "Maggie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
>>twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
>>near the dreaded hill.
>>
>>She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
>>and she was listening to music from her headphones.
>>
>>She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.
>>
>>I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
>>NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
>>that hill make me feel so damn old?
>>
>>She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
>>without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
>>flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).
>

> I had a similar experience - though being a hetero male, my reaction was
> somewhat different.
>
> It was last year on my bike vacation to NS. I had paused at a crossroad to
> look at the map and get my bearings. The crossroad was at the top of a
> forbidding looking hill. I knew I would be coming back that way so I looked
> at the grade with trepidation.
>
> As I was standing their - encumbered with gear, along comes an absolutely
> beautiful young woman up the hill: A vision in black spandex. Perfect body,
> perfect face, perfect everything. I was smitten. [Men can only think with
> one thing at a time - at the best of times.]
>
> I was also a little taken aback at the apparent ease with which she took
> the hill. My male ego bruised, I rationalized that I was two days into a
> road tour hauling considerable gear while she was carrying nothing on a
> racing bike. Still my pride was sullied.
>
> However I realized on my return the hill looked a lot more difficult to
> crest than it really was - optical illusion I guess.
>
> As for envy of a younger women - don't worry about it. They may have the
> looks but older women have the experience.
>
> :)
>

> --
> 'As your looks start slipping,
> so should your standards.'
> -red green

My 2 cents on this. It isn't age but condition. When I was 15 and in
great shape, best in my phys-ed class, I was climbing the road from
Saratoga to the summit on Highway 9. I thought I was doing great, having
just pulled off a mountain century plus a few weeks ago. Slowly I heard
chatter behind me and these two 'old' guys (29) blasted past me like I
was standing still. What the F? just happened here? They looked back and
took some pity on me and slowed to let me catch up for the last half
mile climb and so we could chat. We were all on good 1962 vintage ten
speeds so fairly equal there. When we got to the top they had a few sips
of water and asked if I would like to try riding the flat part of Summit
road with them. I said "Sure, I can keep up on the flat.". Wrong answer.
After about a half mile they said something about practicing a lot
harder and just accelerated away. You can't imagine how much that
deflates a 15 year old's ego, especially the one in top shape of his
whole gym class at school. There seem to be natural bikers and the rest
of us. Sigh.
Bill Baka

wafflycat
May 28th 05, 10:52 AM
"Leo Lichtman" > wrote in message

> "wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past "yoof" on
> MTBs (clip)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> What's a "yoof?"

"Yoof" are "youth" who think it's trendy to ride a MTB made of lead with
"full-sus" and who haven't a clue how to use gears properly, as they are
always stuck in too low a gear for whatever incline of road they are on.
They also tend to ride on the footpath a lot (illegal in UK) and never, but
never, use lights at night. They also have the saddle set far too low and
ride with their knees sticking out at 90 degrees from bike. They are
invariably in baggy clothing, listening to something or other on their MP3
players and it comes as a huge shock to them to be overtaken by a woman of a
certain age who should know better than to be wearing that amount of Lycra
in that shade of fluorescent yellow on a road bike ;-) Not that this is in
any way a stereotype ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Maggie
May 28th 05, 12:59 PM
Bob wrote:
> We know we're not 20 anymore, we just don't envy 20 yr old guys. Men
> are more comfortable with aging than women because at that age when
> physical attractiveness is really starting to slide men are hitting
> their peak earnings potential. That's important because we know that
> there are plenty of 20something girls that would be thrilled to have a
> dinner date where the wait person doesn't ask, "Do you want fries with
> that?".
>
> Regards,
> Bob Hunt

That is truly a sad commentary on young women and older men. Young
women will date an older man because he has money?

When I see an older guy with a young woman who is drop dead gorgeous
and he has a pot belly and looks like her father, I always question
what is going on in this mans head....(the head on top of his
shoulders) I know what is going on in the other head. ;-)

Does he think the girl loves him, does he not care, why do men of means
marry young girls and start second families when they have
grandchildren from the their firt marriage? It doesn't make sense to
me.

OK a man can reproduce until he is 95, but why the heck would he want
to? Women have a certain amount of time to have children. I can't
even imagine having a child in my 40's.

My best friend growing up had a Mom who conceived her when she was in
her 40's. By the time we were teenagers...everyone always asked her if
her parents were her grandparents. Back then, all of us had parents
in their 40's when we were in High School, and she had parents in their
60's. Maybe times have changed. Who knows. But I still think Men are
nuts.

If I were left alone at my age, I would be financially independent and
a woman of means, but I don't think I would go out and find a "boy toy"
who wants to spend my money for me. I would find a gentleman my own
age or older who has the means to support himself just as I do. And I
would NEVER get married again. That is a given.

Maggie.

wafflycat
May 28th 05, 01:22 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>But I still think Men are nuts.

Just correcting your phrase to read correctly.
It should be, "Men think with their nuts"

Cheers, helen s ;-)

lokey
May 28th 05, 01:39 PM
"wafflycat" <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk> wrote in message

> "Maggie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>>But I still think Men are nuts.
> Just correcting your phrase to read correctly.
> It should be, "Men think with their nuts"

Nope, you're both wrong. I've given a lot of thought to the divide between
the male and the female and I've discovered the secret to the gender based
psyche:

My twin theories of men and women: I wanted to develop an accurate and
complete summation of
people in general but had to break it down into to separate theories
based on gender. It goes like this:

1] Men are mentally retarded.

They just lack the complex thought processes and cognitive ability
developed by the other gender. Relationships I've witnessed and been a
part of devolve to the male thinking: 'What the hell is happening here??'
They're just clueless regarding the subtleties of the male-female
relationship. As a rough estimation I'd say they rate with the lower
primates in intellectual ability.

2] Women are clinically insane.

Sorry but that's way I see it: Take a straight-forward linear logic flow
and watch women turn it upside-down, inside-out, longest distance between
two points. The rational leaps they can take are amazing. [Example: Guys,
just recall your last argument with a significant other.]

They say there's a fine line between genius and insanity. Maybe that
explains it.

:)

--
'Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your tea!'
'Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.'

Maggie
May 28th 05, 02:22 PM
lokey wrote:

> 2] Women are clinically insane.

I know men are emotionally retarded, but insanity has to be in there
too.

What is more insane, than a man, who has worked his way up the ladder
of success to financial security...finding a young beautiful "twenty
something" to feed his ego and take his money. Is there any insanity
in this in your opinion?

I can't even imagine working my whole life, as I have, and then finding
a "boy toy" to spend my money. And even though people do not seem to
believe this, a woman of means can find alot of young men who are very
willing to spend said money. I think the term is gigilo. Ever hear of
it?

Women may be more complex and think a little more about emotions, but
when they reach a certain age, they become extremely smart regarding
matters of the heart. Men become stupid as they age. Women become
wise.

There are theories out there that claim Menopause is necessary to move
a woman forward and give her the wisdom she needs to help the younger
generation.

As far as men are concerned...the older they get...the more ignorant
they become. I don't know if it is ignorance or if they become
delusional. They are old, balding and rich....and they want a woman
young enough to be their daughter. What are they thinking? Forget
that. When a man sees a gorgeous woman all his brains fall into his
dick.

Young woman may be a little insane at times, but older women are wise
as far as men are concerned.

Men, listen up...There is no fool, like an old fool.

It takes women a long time to give up the drama, but when we do, we are
the gender who gains wisdom. "I am woman hear me roar".

Maggie.

Rod Stewart in his younger days said it all regarding young men and
older women with money........

A woman can be as fine as can be
Kisses sweeter than honey
That don't mean a thing to me,
if you ain't got no money, baby.
Cause if the purse is fat, thats where it's at. yeahaa...

Maggie
May 28th 05, 03:03 PM
ookook wrote:
> Marriage was invented to keep older women from having to support themselves when they are no longer
> attractive to men.

Oh is that why it was invented? I actually never knew the reason.
Maybe a man only needs to drop his money and his sperm on the doorstep
and he will be fulfilling his duties for life.

Then when old women are no longer attractive to men we will have all
the money he dropped off...and the grown children those jars of sperm
helped us conceive.

And we will never have to deal with him on a daily basis. Sounds
reasonable.

Maggie

Bill Sornson
May 28th 05, 04:24 PM
wafflycat wrote:
> "Leo Lichtman" > wrote in message
>>
>> "wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past
>> "yoof" on MTBs (clip)
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> What's a "yoof?"
>>

> "Yoof" are "youth" who think it's trendy to ride a MTB made of lead
> with "full-sus" and who haven't a clue how to use gears properly, as
> they are always stuck in too low a gear for whatever incline of road
> they are on. They also tend to ride on the footpath a lot (illegal in
> UK) and never, but never, use lights at night. They also have the
> saddle set far too low and ride with their knees sticking out at 90
> degrees from bike. They are invariably in baggy clothing, listening
> to something or other on their MP3 players and it comes as a huge
> shock to them to be overtaken by a woman of a certain age who should
> know better than to be wearing that amount of Lycra in that shade of
> fluorescent yellow on a road bike ;-) Not that this is in any way a
> stereotype ;-)

Here in SoCal, the yoofs aren't competitive at all. Roadies tend to give
'em a wide buffer while passing, however, because of their almost certain
weaving riding style.

Also not stereotyping (much), BS

Tom Keats
May 28th 05, 07:23 PM
In article >,
"lokey" > writes:

> My twin theories of men and women: I wanted to develop an accurate and
> complete summation of
> people in general but had to break it down into to separate theories
> based on gender.

Kind of like the title of that book ... how does it go ...
"Men Are From Earth; Women Are From Venus" or something
like that ;-)

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Tom Keats
May 28th 05, 07:54 PM
In article >,
"Bill Sornson" > writes:
> wafflycat wrote:
>> "Leo Lichtman" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "wafflycat" wrote: (clip) takes great delight in pedalling past
>>> "yoof" on MTBs (clip)
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> What's a "yoof?"
>>>

>> "Yoof" are "youth" who think it's trendy to ride a MTB made of lead
>> with "full-sus" and who haven't a clue how to use gears properly, as
>> they are always stuck in too low a gear for whatever incline of road
>> they are on. They also tend to ride on the footpath a lot (illegal in
>> UK) and never, but never, use lights at night. They also have the
>> saddle set far too low and ride with their knees sticking out at 90
>> degrees from bike. They are invariably in baggy clothing, listening
>> to something or other on their MP3 players and it comes as a huge
>> shock to them to be overtaken by a woman of a certain age who should
>> know better than to be wearing that amount of Lycra in that shade of
>> fluorescent yellow on a road bike ;-) Not that this is in any way a
>> stereotype ;-)
>
> Here in SoCal, the yoofs aren't competitive at all. Roadies tend to give
> 'em a wide buffer while passing, however, because of their almost certain
> weaving riding style.

Here in Vancouver BC I typically see them riding factory-built
choppers (on the sidewalk.) The wearing of baseball caps
sideways seems to be mandatory to the image, along with having
a buddy skateboarding alongside.

> Also not stereotyping (much), BS

Me neither.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

ookook
May 29th 05, 01:51 AM
>Then when old women are no longer attractive to men we will have all
>the money he dropped off...and the grown children those jars of sperm
>helped us conceive.
>
>And we will never have to deal with him on a daily basis. Sounds
>reasonable.

Yeah, too bad we don't have that yet, but the lawyers are working with
the women to achive the equivalent, except that instead of getting ALL
the money, the women are having to part with substantial percentages
to pay up the lawyers.

Gay men have the right idea except for the sex stuff. There's much to
be said for a life among men...

Bill Sornson
May 29th 05, 02:08 AM
Tom Keats wrote:
> In article >,
> ookook <kookoo> writes:
>
>> Yeah, too bad we don't have that yet, but the lawyers are working
>> with the women to achive the equivalent, except that instead of
>> getting ALL the money, the women are having to part with substantial
>> percentages to pay up the lawyers.
>>
>> Gay men have the right idea except for the sex stuff. There's much
>> to be said for a life among men...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/asoo2

Given the context, an iffy-looking URL I must say!

Bill "could've been about BIBS, I s'pose..." S.

Tom Keats
May 29th 05, 02:12 AM
In article >,
ookook <kookoo> writes:

> Yeah, too bad we don't have that yet, but the lawyers are working with
> the women to achive the equivalent, except that instead of getting ALL
> the money, the women are having to part with substantial percentages
> to pay up the lawyers.
>
> Gay men have the right idea except for the sex stuff. There's much to
> be said for a life among men...

http://tinyurl.com/asoo2

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

GaryG
May 29th 05, 04:07 AM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bob wrote:
> > We know we're not 20 anymore, we just don't envy 20 yr old guys. Men
> > are more comfortable with aging than women because at that age when
> > physical attractiveness is really starting to slide men are hitting
> > their peak earnings potential. That's important because we know that
> > there are plenty of 20something girls that would be thrilled to have a
> > dinner date where the wait person doesn't ask, "Do you want fries with
> > that?".
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bob Hunt
>

> That is truly a sad commentary on young women and older men. Young
> women will date an older man because he has money?
>
> When I see an older guy with a young woman who is drop dead gorgeous
> and he has a pot belly and looks like her father, I always question
> what is going on in this mans head....(the head on top of his
> shoulders) I know what is going on in the other head. ;-)
>
> Does he think the girl loves him, does he not care, why do men of means
> marry young girls and start second families when they have
> grandchildren from the their firt marriage? It doesn't make sense to
> me.

That seems to be a theme here, Maggie.

You're 51, right? And yet men's sexual preferences and how they're
different from women's preferences, "doesn't make sense" to you? What's up
with that? Why should men (or, anyone) have the same likes and dislikes as
you?

FWIW, men are motivated much more by looks than women...this has been true
across many cultures and vast stretches of human history (though it seems to
have gone unnoticed in New Jersey). This stuff's not rocket science...try
tuning in the Discovery channel sometime.

> OK a man can reproduce until he is 95, but why the heck would he want
> to? Women have a certain amount of time to have children. I can't
> even imagine having a child in my 40's.
>
> My best friend growing up had a Mom who conceived her when she was in
> her 40's. By the time we were teenagers...everyone always asked her if
> her parents were her grandparents. Back then, all of us had parents
> in their 40's when we were in High School, and she had parents in their
> 60's. Maybe times have changed. Who knows. But I still think Men are
> nuts.

No worries...we think you're nuts too.

GG

> If I were left alone at my age, I would be financially independent and
> a woman of means, but I don't think I would go out and find a "boy toy"
> who wants to spend my money for me. I would find a gentleman my own
> age or older who has the means to support himself just as I do. And I
> would NEVER get married again. That is a given.
>
> Maggie.

Tom Keats
May 29th 05, 04:24 AM
In article >,
"Bill Sornson" > writes:

>> http://tinyurl.com/asoo2
>
> Given the context, an iffy-looking URL I must say!

That's what tinyurl.com gave me. And hey -- it works!

I did a double-take when I first saw it, too.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
May 29th 05, 09:26 AM
Maggie asked:

> I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out.
> IS THAT A NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN?????

My wife is two months away from her 51st birthday, and she says "yes".

> How come older men never seem to envy young men.

In my own case, I don't know any young men worthy of my envy.

Fritz M
May 30th 05, 01:07 AM
Maggie wrote:
> When I see an older guy with a young woman who is drop dead gorgeous
> and he has a pot belly and looks like her father, I always question
> what is going on in this mans head....

I know plenty of middle-aged men who hang out with gorgeous women young
enough to be their daugthers. All of these men I know, these women
*are* their daughters.

RFM

Maggie
May 30th 05, 01:23 AM
Fritz M wrote:>
> I know plenty of middle-aged men who hang out with gorgeous women young
> enough to be their daugthers. All of these men I know, these women
> *are* their daughters.
>
> RFM

I guess we travel in different circles. I know men who have gorgeous,
beautiful daughters in their late twenties, and girlfriends the same
age.

Maggie.

Maggie
May 30th 05, 02:06 AM
GaryG wrote:
> No worries...we think you're nuts too.
>
> GG

Thank you. I accept the compliment. ;-) I embrace my lunacy.

Maggie. "She's a crazy lady."

Bob
May 30th 05, 08:57 AM
Maggie wrote:

> That is truly a sad commentary on young women and older men. Young
> women will date an older man because he has money?

Sad? Possibly. True? Positively.

> When I see an older guy with a young woman who is drop dead gorgeous
> and he has a pot belly and looks like her father, I always question
> what is going on in this mans head....(the head on top of his
> shoulders) I know what is going on in the other head. ;-)
>
> Does he think the girl loves him, does he not care, why do men of means
> marry young girls and start second families when they have
> grandchildren from the their firt marriage? It doesn't make sense to
> me.

It makes no sense to me either but still, it happens. As long as we
(you and I, not the hypothetical older man) don't end up supporting the
kids why should we care?

> OK a man can reproduce until he is 95, but why the heck would he want
> to?

It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.

> ... and I would NEVER get married again.

On this, we are in total agreement. ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Maggie
May 30th 05, 02:09 PM
Bob wrote:
> It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.
Regards,
> Bob Hunt

I enjoyed raising my kids, but I was young. If I had to raise one now,
I would not be a happy camper.

If an older man marries a young woman I guess he figures she will be
the one who raises the kid. Then everyone can think he is the babies
GRANDPA!!!

Having a child when you look like the grandpa instead of the daddy,
can't boost the ego much. Who knows, I never claim to understand the
male species. I hear men talking about not marrying because they do
not have that biological clock ticking....well maybe its not ticking,
but they are still getting OLD!!!!

Maggie.

Colorado Bicycler
May 30th 05, 02:23 PM
"Young" woman - I assume you are decribing someone in her 50's to 60's.
(Youger than I am)

"Older" man - someone in his 70's or 80's? (Older than I am)

It truly is all a matter of perspective.

Rich
May 30th 05, 03:32 PM
Bob wrote:

> It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.

Have one and the mystery will be solved.

Maggie
May 30th 05, 04:15 PM
Rich wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
> > It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.
>
> Have one and the mystery will be solved.

And life as you know it will never, ever be the same. All things will
revolve around a tiny little person. It is incredible but true. One
little baby changes your whole life. FOREVER!

Maggie.

May 30th 05, 04:37 PM
Bob wrote:

> It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.

Wow. What a statement.

Some people should not have kids. Being a parent takes serious
maturity, wisdom, selflessness and guts.

But as much as I love cycling, I'd give it up in a heartbeat rather
than give up my kids. If you haven't experienced the joy, and work,
and pain, and love of raising a child, I feel sorry for you.

- Frank Krygowski

Zoot Katz
May 30th 05, 06:49 PM
30 May 2005 08:15:40 -0700,
. com>,
"Maggie" > wrote:

> One little baby changes your whole life. FOREVER!

As will a criminal record and I don't want one of those either.
--
zk

Just zis Guy, you know?
May 30th 05, 06:55 PM
On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:49:32 -0700, Zoot Katz >
wrote in message >:

>> One little baby changes your whole life. FOREVER!
>As will a criminal record and I don't want one of those either.

Key difference: a criminal record will probably not support you in
your old age. Although it might, depending on how good you get...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Zoot Katz
May 30th 05, 08:39 PM
Mon, 30 May 2005 18:55:29 +0100,
know?" > wrote:

>>> One little baby changes your whole life. FOREVER!
>>As will a criminal record and I don't want one of those either.
>
>Key difference: a criminal record will probably not support you in
>your old age. Although it might, depending on how good you get...

Or one might become a permanent ward of the state by doing something
truly heinous.
--
zk

Bob
May 30th 05, 08:41 PM
wrote:
> Bob wrote:
> >

> > It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.
>
> Wow. What a statement.
>
> Some people should not have kids. Being a parent takes serious
> maturity, wisdom, selflessness and guts.
>
> But as much as I love cycling, I'd give it up in a heartbeat rather
> than give up my kids. If you haven't experienced the joy, and work,
> and pain, and love of raising a child, I feel sorry for you.
>
> - Frank Krygowski

Frank,
If the survival of the species were at stake then my decision to not
have kids would be a selfish one and open to criticism but looking
around I don't see any shortage of kids. I'm *glad* that you've found
raising kids to be a fulfilling experience but there are plenty of
people with all of your above qualifications that simply don't need or
want kids. That I don't have a need or desire to have children isn't a
reason for you to feel sorry for me anymore than you having that need
or desire is a reason for me to pity you.
Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bob
May 30th 05, 08:45 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:49:32 -0700, Zoot Katz >
> wrote in message >:
>
> >> One little baby changes your whole life. FOREVER!
> >As will a criminal record and I don't want one of those either.
>
> Key difference: a criminal record will probably not support you in
> your old age. Although it might, depending on how good you get...
>
> Guy

If support in old age is the sole reason anyone has kids they and the
rest of us would be much better off if they devised a good retirement
plan.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Just zis Guy, you know?
May 30th 05, 08:46 PM
On 30 May 2005 12:45:17 -0700, "Bob" > wrote in
message om>:

>If support in old age is the sole reason anyone has kids they and the
>rest of us would be much better off if they devised a good retirement
>plan.

You reckon? I thought the next generation was the world's retirement
plan.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Peter Cole
May 30th 05, 09:32 PM
wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>

>>It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.
>

> Wow. What a statement.
>
> Some people should not have kids. Being a parent takes serious
> maturity, wisdom, selflessness and guts.

Everybody loves their kids, not everybody loves parenthood. I mean I
have 2 kids, I'm sure I would have loved my third just as much as the
first 2, but I/we decided not to create him/her. I see that decision as
very related to the decision to have kids or not. It's all a continuum.
The problem with parenthood is that it's tough to try before you buy.

May 30th 05, 10:26 PM
Bob wrote:
> wrote:
> > Bob wrote:
> > >

> > > It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.
> >
> > If you haven't experienced the joy, and work,
> > and pain, and love of raising a child, I feel sorry for you.
> >

> Frank,
> If the survival of the species were at stake then my decision to not
> have kids would be a selfish one and open to criticism but looking
> around I don't see any shortage of kids.

Oh, I'm not criticizing your decision. That's entirely up to you. And
if there's one thing we _don't_ need, it's unwilling parents!

> That I don't have a need or desire to have children isn't a
> reason for you to feel sorry for me anymore than you having that need
> or desire is a reason for me to pity you.

I was thinking more in these terms: I'd feel sorry for a deaf person
(or a totally uncultured person) who couldn't appreciate, say, the
pleasure of music. I'd feel sorry for a bedridden person (or a
confirmed couch potato) who couldn't experience the joy of a smooth
downhill bike ride in beautiful surroundings.

Some of those people may be perfectly content, and that's fine for
them. Still, they're missing tremendous joy that I experience. That's
too bad. I still feel sorry for them.

- Frank Krygowski

Maggie
May 30th 05, 10:27 PM
Bob wrote:
> Frank,
> If the survival of the species were at stake then my decision to not
> have kids would be a selfish one and open to criticism but looking
> around I don't see any shortage of kids. I'm *glad* that you've found
> raising kids to be a fulfilling experience but there are plenty of
> people with all of your above qualifications that simply don't need or
> want kids.

I agree with this. I wanted children more than anything. And that is
the key. I wanted to be a mother. I would never have married if I did
not want children.

I knew I would never come first again, I knew I would have to make
sacrifices, I also knew their needs would always come first. It was a
decision. I know there are people who say that people who do not want
children are usually selfish and self centered and not able to make the
sacrifices of time and money parenthood will bring into their lives.
Not true at all in my opinion.

There are many very wonderful, kind, unselfish people who decide
parenthood is not something they want. If that decision is made it
should be respected. Not everyone wants that type of life.

The people I have a problem with are the people who have children
because everyone else is having them. Or because it is something
expected of them. I especially can't stand people who want to live
through their children or have one to carry on a name.

We don't own our children. They are not little clones of their parents.
They are individuals who must be respected as such. Having children is
a very personal decision. The decision not to have them should be
respected as well. And it is not a decision that should be taken
lightly. Once you make that decision, your life is never the same. So
I give praise to the people who actually think about it before they
enter into the joy and sorrows of parenting children.

It ain't easy sometimes. Only my kids can break my heart. And they
know it. ;-)

Maggie

GaryG
May 30th 05, 10:34 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Bob wrote:
> > Frank,
> > If the survival of the species were at stake then my decision to not
> > have kids would be a selfish one and open to criticism but looking
> > around I don't see any shortage of kids. I'm *glad* that you've found
> > raising kids to be a fulfilling experience but there are plenty of
> > people with all of your above qualifications that simply don't need or
> > want kids.
>
> I agree with this. I wanted children more than anything. And that is
> the key. I wanted to be a mother. I would never have married if I did
> not want children.
>
> I knew I would never come first again, I knew I would have to make
> sacrifices, I also knew their needs would always come first. It was a
> decision. I know there are people who say that people who do not want
> children are usually selfish and self centered and not able to make the
> sacrifices of time and money parenthood will bring into their lives.
> Not true at all in my opinion.
>
> There are many very wonderful, kind, unselfish people who decide
> parenthood is not something they want. If that decision is made it
> should be respected. Not everyone wants that type of life.
>
> The people I have a problem with are the people who have children
> because everyone else is having them.

Them...and guys who ride standard road bikes, wearing standard road bike
clothing (see thread titled "Something strange in my town")...and, young
women who effortlessly climb hills (this very thread)...and, did I leave
anyone else out??

GG

> Or because it is something
> expected of them. I especially can't stand people who want to live
> through their children or have one to carry on a name.
>
> We don't own our children. They are not little clones of their parents.
> They are individuals who must be respected as such. Having children is
> a very personal decision. The decision not to have them should be
> respected as well. And it is not a decision that should be taken
> lightly. Once you make that decision, your life is never the same. So
> I give praise to the people who actually think about it before they
> enter into the joy and sorrows of parenting children.
>
> It ain't easy sometimes. Only my kids can break my heart. And they
> know it. ;-)
>
> Maggie

Bob
May 31st 05, 01:08 AM
wrote:

> I was thinking more in these terms: I'd feel sorry for a deaf person
> (or a totally uncultured person) who couldn't appreciate, say, the
> pleasure of music. I'd feel sorry for a bedridden person (or a
> confirmed couch potato) who couldn't experience the joy of a smooth
> downhill bike ride in beautiful surroundings.
>
> Some of those people may be perfectly content, and that's fine for
> them. Still, they're missing tremendous joy that I experience. That's
> too bad. I still feel sorry for them.
>
> - Frank Krygowski

An intentionally childless state is not a physical disability (your
deaf person that will never appreciate music) or a flaw (your
uncultured person and couch potato). I simply made a different choice
than you did. I can accept you feeling sorry for me if you can accept
that I feel sorry for you because of all the experiences you've missed
in life because you were burdened with kids. Fair enough?

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bob
May 31st 05, 01:10 AM
Rich wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
> > It's a mystery to me why people choose to have kids at any age.
>
> Have one and the mystery will be solved.

I don't understand why people commit suicide either but I'm not going
to do it just to figure it out. ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

May 31st 05, 01:22 AM
Bob wrote:

> An intentionally childless state is not a physical disability (your
> deaf person that will never appreciate music) or a flaw (your
> uncultured person and couch potato). I simply made a different choice
> than you did. I can accept you feeling sorry for me if you can accept
> that I feel sorry for you because of all the experiences you've missed
> in life because you were burdened with kids. Fair enough?

Nope. You shouldn't be making fun of uncultured people or couch
potatoes! They've made what may be a perfectly valid choice for
themselves! ;-)

And I'm sure we can carry this on forever. Have a nice day!

- Frank Krygowski

Maggie
May 31st 05, 01:32 AM
GaryG wrote:

> Them...and guys who ride standard road bikes, wearing standard road bike
> clothing (see thread titled "Something strange in my town")...and, young
> women who effortlessly climb hills (this very thread)...and, did I leave
> anyone else out??
>
> GG

Yea them too!!! Smart ass.

Maggie

Maggie
May 31st 05, 01:36 AM
GaryG wrote:

> It might help, and save on the usage of cap keys.
>
> GG

I find if I use alot of CAPS...I am not misunderstood as much. I am
trying to use all those little emoticons and **** too. I have not been
in trouble as much since using CAPS AND EXCLAMATIONS AND SMILEY
THINGIES. Cut me a break bucko....I am doing the best I can.

Maggie.

John Thompson
May 31st 05, 04:05 AM
On 2005-05-30, Just zis Guy, you know? > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:49:32 -0700, Zoot Katz >
> wrote in message >:
>
>>> One little baby changes your whole life. FOREVER!
>>As will a criminal record and I don't want one of those either.
>
> Key difference: a criminal record will probably not support you in
> your old age. Although it might, depending on how good you get...

Sure, just look at Oliver North!

--

John )

Larry Schuldt
May 31st 05, 10:40 AM
On Tue, 31 May 2005 03:05:10 GMT, John Thompson
> wrote:

>> Key difference: a criminal record will probably not support you in
>> your old age. Although it might, depending on how good you get...
>
>Sure, just look at Oliver North!

Nah, if you're good at it, you won't have a record. Records are for
those who get caught.

larry

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
May 31st 05, 09:09 PM
Peter Cole wrote:

> Everybody loves their kids

Not everybody. I knew a guy who hated his kids and their mother, and
they all hated him in return. He's dead now (suicide). The worst part is
that his youngest son (of three) turned out to be exactly like him.

Cheto
June 1st 05, 02:40 AM
"Bob" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>I can accept you feeling sorry for me if you can accept
> that I feel sorry for you because of all the experiences you've missed
> in life because you were burdened with kids.

I wonder if your mother considered you a burden. I kinda doubt it.

Cheto

lokey
June 1st 05, 09:44 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
> What is more insane, than a man, who has worked his way up the ladder
> of success to financial security...finding a young beautiful "twenty
> something" to feed his ego and take his money. Is there any insanity
> in this in your opinion?

Sane or not I'll leave it to David Wilcox to explain it:

--
'My eyes keep me in trouble
I want every woman I see

Now I want women on my left
Women on my right
Women all day
Women all night
I want to love pretty women
That is a natural fact
Natural fact
I want to love pretty women
Love 'em till their hair turns back'

Maggie
June 2nd 05, 02:22 PM
lokey wrote:

> Sane or not I'll leave it to David Wilcox to explain it:
>
> --
> 'My eyes keep me in trouble
> I want every woman I see

Cool song, cool guy.....This is my favorite though.....love it...means
alot to me.

THIS TATTOO

This tattoo, this tattoo will hold your vision, always looking back at
you
This tattoo, this tattoo, this tattoo.

She wrote it down so deep, only she can see
She doesn't have to show it, it isn't made for show.
She spells it out in action, its written on her soul

Excuse me if I did not get all the words right...for those who check.

Maggie

Mike Latondresse
June 2nd 05, 06:19 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in
oups.com:

> THIS TATTOO
>
> This tattoo, this tattoo will hold your vision, always looking
> back at you
> This tattoo, this tattoo, this tattoo.

Hey really inspired lyrics Maggie...where do you dig up these stinkers?

Maggie
June 2nd 05, 06:28 PM
Mike Latondresse wrote:
> "Maggie" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > THIS TATTOO
> >
> > This tattoo, this tattoo will hold your vision, always looking
> > back at you
> > This tattoo, this tattoo, this tattoo.
> >
> Hey really inspired lyrics Maggie...where do you dig up these stinkers?

It's classic. It is right up there with "One eyed, one horned flying
purple people eater" and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarts - "Don Giovanni"
Got a problem with that buddy?

Maggie.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home