PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist

Cycle America
May 27th 05, 09:52 PM
For Immediate release Martin Krieg
5/27/05

Cincinnati Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist

Cincinnati Mayor, Charlie Luken, will be at Cincinnati City Hall at
12:30, Tuesday, May 31 to receive NBG Scout/Ambassador, Concetta
Curtis. Concetta is on her way to San Francisco from Miami and her
send off from Mayor Manny Diaz there. Already blessed by nine other
Mayors, Concetta, a broken back survivor, is a part of the National
Bicycle Greenway's (NBG) 4th annual National Mayors' Ride which will
visit 52 big cities this year. In Columbus, her travels were blessed by
Mayor and gubernatorial candidate Michael Coleman as well as bike
officials and Columbus city council person, Mary Ellen O'Shaugnessey. In
Pittsburgh, Mayor Tom Murphy and a throng of thousands sent her West
with their NBG Day proclamation.

Representatives from the Ohio Bicycle Federation and the transportation
arm of the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments will
also be on hand to greet Concetta as will other bicycle advocates from
Cincinnati.

Cincinnati has been chosen for the first wave of key anchor cities in
the NBG's plan to interconnect America's population centers with a
network of safe bikeable roads and paths. And to show why this is so,
Cincinnati will be flexing just some of the bicycle muscle it has to
show. More info: bikeroute.com

--
54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms********
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor*
Can You Change it with Love?*
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

Mark Hickey
May 27th 05, 10:41 PM
Cycle America > wrote:

>Cincinnati Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist

Man... I thought it was radical when someone gave an elected official
a bike to gain favor. Giving the mayor a girl cyclist should really
ensure that the town gets some great bike lanes!

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Bob
May 28th 05, 12:41 AM
Mark Hickey wrote:
> Cycle America > wrote:
>
> >Cincinnati Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist
>
> Man... I thought it was radical when someone gave an elected official
> a bike to gain favor. Giving the mayor a girl cyclist should really
> ensure that the town gets some great bike lanes!
>
> Mark Hickey

Providing iron girls when the girls provided by every other special
interest lobby are flesh and blood seems an idea gone terribly awry but
what can we expect from someone that starts a Usenet post with the
phrase, "For immediate release"?

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bill Sornson
May 28th 05, 02:00 AM
Bob wrote:
> Mark Hickey wrote:
>> Cycle America > wrote:
>>
>>> Cincinnati Mayor to Receive Iron Girl Cyclist
>>
>> Man... I thought it was radical when someone gave an elected official
>> a bike to gain favor. Giving the mayor a girl cyclist should really
>> ensure that the town gets some great bike lanes!
>>
>> Mark Hickey
>
> Providing iron girls when the girls provided by every other special
> interest lobby are flesh and blood seems an idea gone terribly awry
> but what can we expect from someone that starts a Usenet post with the
> phrase, "For immediate release"?

Better writing?

May 29th 05, 03:56 PM
An Iron Girl probably has a magnetic arse...

Bill Sornson
May 29th 05, 03:59 PM
wrote:

> An Iron Girl probably has a magnetic arse...

And a rusty... Nah, it's Sunday.

Bob
May 30th 05, 08:41 AM
Bill Sornson wrote:
> Bob wrote:

> > but what can we expect from someone that starts a Usenet post with the
> > phrase, "For immediate release"?
>
> Better writing?

We might *hope* for better writing but I don't think we can *expect*
it.
;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bill Sornson
May 30th 05, 08:59 AM
Bob wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Bob wrote:
>
>>> but what can we expect from someone that starts a Usenet post with
>>> the phrase, "For immediate release"?
>>
>> Better writing?
>
> We might *hope* for better writing but I don't think we can *expect*
> it.
> ;-)

Well, not to be picky, but when someone uses a conventional press release
format (complete with heading), I would *hope* that we can *expect* coherent
(or at least competent) writing. (Of course, I still expect tv and radio
"personalities" to know basic grammar, too.)

Bill "standards" S.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home