PDA

View Full Version : I would bike more if:

Tom Keats
May 28th 05, 07:47 AM
The question in the subject line is posed on the entry form
of a local contest.

I guess I would ride more if I didn't have to sleep every
now & then. And if I had the time & money wherewithal to
do some touring.

I would bike more if "bike" was a verb.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Roger Zoul
May 28th 05, 03:25 PM
.....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...

May 28th 05, 04:16 PM
Roger Zoul wrote:
> ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...

Get her a bike!

That's what I did over 30 years ago. Worked _great_!

- Frank Krygowski

Mike Jacoubowsky
May 28th 05, 04:49 PM
> ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...

One of our customers got a new Project One (Trek with a special paint job) a
few months ago. He had "The Other Woman" written on it.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Peter Cole
May 28th 05, 05:56 PM
Roger Zoul wrote:
> ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...

Only date women who are into cycling -- trust me on this one...

Rich
May 28th 05, 07:19 PM
Roger Zoul wrote:
> ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...

Get a tandem and take the girlfriend with you.

Pat
May 28th 05, 10:00 PM
: Roger Zoul wrote:
: > ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...
:
: Get a tandem and take the girlfriend with you.

Roger, maybe you could rent a tandem for a date and see what she thinks.

Pat in TX

Tom Keats
May 28th 05, 10:32 PM
In article m>,
writes:

> Roger Zoul wrote:
>> ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...
>
> Get her a bike!

OTOH, Sometimes it's good to have a means for a quick getaway
where she can't catch ya.

At least, such has been my experience.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Roger Zoul
May 29th 05, 01:44 AM
Peter Cole > wrote:
:> Roger Zoul wrote:
:> > ....I didn't have work commitments and a new girlfriend...
:> >
:> >
:> Only date women who are into cycling -- trust me on this one...

:)

May 29th 05, 05:23 AM
.... the Georgetown Branch Trail was smooth enough to ride on with a
road bike.

Zoot Katz
May 29th 05, 06:13 AM
28 May 2005 21:23:27 -0700,
om>,
" > wrote:

>... the Georgetown Branch Trail was smooth enough to ride on with a
>road bike.

Check out this climb on the 19th stage of the Giro d'Italia
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/giro05/?id=giro0519/SAVOLDELLIROSA672

What a great race this has been!
One stage left and it's still up for grabs!
FANASTIC!
--
zk

May 29th 05, 06:42 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:
> 28 May 2005 21:23:27 -0700,
> om>,
> " > wrote:
>
> >... the Georgetown Branch Trail was smooth enough to ride on with a
> >road bike.
>
> Check out this climb on the 19th stage of the Giro d'Italia
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/giro05/?id=giro0519/SAVOLDELLIROSA672
>
> What a great race this has been!
> One stage left and it's still up for grabs!
> FANASTIC!

I guess I should stop complaining and keep riding :-P

Zoot Katz
May 29th 05, 07:01 AM
28 May 2005 22:42:37 -0700,
. com>,
" > wrote:

>Zoot Katz wrote:
>> 28 May 2005 21:23:27 -0700,
>> om>,
>> " > wrote:
>>
>> >... the Georgetown Branch Trail was smooth enough to ride on with a
>> >road bike.
>>
>> Check out this climb on the 19th stage of the Giro d'Italia
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/giro05/?id=giro0519/SAVOLDELLIROSA672
>>
>> What a great race this has been!
>> One stage left and it's still up for grabs!
>> FANTASTIC!
>
>I guess I should stop complaining and keep riding :-P

Jobst Brandt has several photos of, and homilies about, riding a road
bike on gravel and various other unpaved surfaces.

I used to shock BMX kiddies by riding a road bike on sew-up tires and
grabbing air over their monkey trails along the river.
--
zk

May 29th 05, 09:51 PM
Can you point me to them? They're not on the JB page on Sheldon
Brown's site...

Zoot Katz
May 29th 05, 10:54 PM
29 May 2005 13:51:48 -0700,
om>,
" > wrote about riding on gravel:

>Can you point me to them? They're not on the JB page on Sheldon
>Brown's site...

There are several of his posts in the <rec.bicycles.rides> archives.

http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/Countries/Europe/Tour_Reports/Tour_of_the_Alps_Gallery/

http://www.paloaltobicycles.com/alps_photos.html
--
zk