PDA

View Full Version : No Mystery!

Tony Raven
May 28th 05, 11:37 AM
Front page headline of the local paper:
"Mystery of Injured Organist not solved"

A 56yr old cycling from home to church in a local village was found
lying seriously injured by the side of the road with two broken arms and
a fractured skull. Nobody appears to have a clue as to what might have
happened. Police are appealing for information. (my synopsis)

Anyone fancy giving the local paper and Cambridgeshire Police a clue?
--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

Zog The Undeniable
May 28th 05, 12:26 PM
Tony Raven wrote:
> Front page headline of the local paper:
> "Mystery of Injured Organist not solved"
>
> A 56yr old cycling from home to church in a local village was found
> lying seriously injured by the side of the road with two broken arms and
> a fractured skull. Nobody appears to have a clue as to what might have
> happened. Police are appealing for information. (my synopsis)
>
> Anyone fancy giving the local paper and Cambridgeshire Police a clue?

Went over the bars after hitting a pothole? Two broken arms sounds like
an endo to me.

Tony Raven
May 28th 05, 01:22 PM
Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
>> Front page headline of the local paper:
>> "Mystery of Injured Organist not solved"
>>
>> A 56yr old cycling from home to church in a local village was found
>> lying seriously injured by the side of the road with two broken arms
>> and a fractured skull. Nobody appears to have a clue as to what might
>> have happened. Police are appealing for information. (my synopsis)
>>
>> Anyone fancy giving the local paper and Cambridgeshire Police a clue?
>

> Went over the bars after hitting a pothole? Two broken arms sounds like
> an endo to me.

Broken collar bone maybe, broken arms no way unless severely osteoporotic

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

wafflycat
May 28th 05, 01:24 PM
"Tony Raven" > wrote in message
> Front page headline of the local paper:
> "Mystery of Injured Organist not solved"
>
> A 56yr old cycling from home to church in a local village was found lying
> seriously injured by the side of the road with two broken arms and a
> fractured skull. Nobody appears to have a clue as to what might have
> happened. Police are appealing for information. (my synopsis)
>
> Anyone fancy giving the local paper and Cambridgeshire Police a clue?

My personal experience of Cambridgeshire plod is that they haven't a clue
about anything :-(

Cheers, helen s

James Annan
May 28th 05, 02:04 PM
Tony Raven wrote:

> Front page headline of the local paper:
> "Mystery of Injured Organist not solved"
>
> A 56yr old cycling from home to church in a local village was found
> lying seriously injured by the side of the road with two broken arms and
> a fractured skull. Nobody appears to have a clue as to what might have
> happened. Police are appealing for information. (my synopsis)
>
> Anyone fancy giving the local paper and Cambridgeshire Police a clue?

Were it a 20-something-year old male I'd be wondering about a detached
front wheel and disk brake :-) What with her being 56 years old and on
her way to church a slightly dented car and driver who "thought they
might have hit a cat" seems more likely :-(

James

Tony Raven
May 28th 05, 02:18 PM
wafflycat wrote:

> My personal experience of Cambridgeshire plod is that they haven't a
> clue about anything :-(

That's very harsh. After all this is only the police force that cocked
up the background checks on Ian Huntley and then sent a suspected
paedophile along to support the families after the murders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cambridgeshire/3166809.stm

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

Zog The Undeniable
May 28th 05, 05:13 PM
Tony Raven wrote:

> Broken collar bone maybe, broken arms no way unless severely osteoporotic

It's precisely what happened to Chalo on r.b.t recently, when his front
wheel hit his downtube and he endoed.

Mike Causer
May 28th 05, 08:19 PM
On Sat, 28 May 2005 17:13:19 +0100, Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> Tony Raven wrote:
>
>> Broken collar bone maybe, broken arms no way unless severely
>> osteoporotic
>>
> It's precisely what happened to Chalo on r.b.t recently, when his front
> wheel hit his downtube and he endoed.

Yeah, but doesn't he weigh something that would probably break his arms if
he tried to do a press-up?

Mike

Zog The Undeniable
May 29th 05, 08:39 AM
Mike Causer wrote:

> Yeah, but doesn't he weigh something that would probably break his arms if
> he tried to do a press-up?

:-)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home