PDA

View Full Version : Made it this time

krys
May 29th 05, 05:43 PM
Well, I thought I'd give my W circuit a second try today, after the chain
disaster......

W for many reasons. W because it wouldn't be being done if the Weather
wasn't up to it, for starters! And today dawned just perfectly -
yesterday's wind had gone, leaving bright but cloudy, and warm enough to try
out my new s/s jersey, one of my recent ebay acquisitions (I admit it, I'm
addicted!)

Mostly it's W for the places en route though. From here, to Wedmore, to
Westhay Wildlife Reserve, over to Wookey, 'til you get nigh on to Wells,
before turning left, back down through Westbury......well, you get the idea.
And I made it in one piece, both the bike and I actually. It only took me 2
hours, I was expecting 2 1/2.....so I've still failed in my goal to get 30
miles under my belt.....I think. Maybe I should aquire a little computer
thing so as to be able to keep track better.

The bike did ok, but the gears are still problematic - 'specially changing
down to the lowest gear cog - for hills, so I'm going to take it to the
little man and see what needs adjusting. I even washed the darn thing this
afternoon! OK, that was only cos the car was being washed at the same time,
but still.......

'Twas a lovely ride :)

--
krys