PDA

View Full Version : cordless computer - sleeper?

C.J.Patten
May 30th 05, 04:58 PM
Looking at cycle computers - used to have a corded Cateye with cadence but
it left with the old bike (way too complicated to take off and I don't need
cadence)

Found one locally at Mountain Equipment Coop (www.mec.ca) for $22CAD (about
$17US) that's cordless!

It's a Chinese off brand but MEC covers warranties if it craps out and this
model actually got an Explore Magazine gear award for 2004.

Here's a link: http://www.filzer.com/catalog.html
Click on the bottom unit, the dB4LW model.

(MEC's catalog page is: http://tinyurl.com/a5f8z)

This seems like the best kept secret in cycle computers. (cordless CatEye's
were three times the price locally)

Anyone else try one of these? I'll post back once I have.

C.j

Tony Raven
May 30th 05, 06:10 PM
C.J.Patten wrote:

> Anyone else try one of these? I'll post back once I have.

Cross posting questions to UK.rec.cycling about products only carried in
Canadian stores is a little pointless, even if some of us are MEC
members and fans. We get our cheap computers from Lidl which isn't much
use to you either.

--
Tony

"Don't argue the matter, the difficulties will argue for themselves"
-W.S. Churchill

Ryan Cousineau
May 31st 05, 03:56 AM
In article >,
"C.J.Patten" > wrote:

> Looking at cycle computers - used to have a corded Cateye with cadence but
> it left with the old bike (way too complicated to take off and I don't need
> cadence)
>
> Found one locally at Mountain Equipment Coop (www.mec.ca) for $22CAD (about
> $17US) that's cordless!
>
> It's a Chinese off brand but MEC covers warranties if it craps out and this
> model actually got an Explore Magazine gear award for 2004.
>
> Here's a link: http://www.filzer.com/catalog.html
> Click on the bottom unit, the dB4LW model.
>
> (MEC's catalog page is: http://tinyurl.com/a5f8z)
>
> This seems like the best kept secret in cycle computers. (cordless CatEye's
> were three times the price locally)
>
> Anyone else try one of these? I'll post back once I have.

As the moderately happy owner of a Cateye HRM/computer, I have been
waiting for someone else to take the plunge.

Note that they have an even swankier computer that was available on
their shelves last time I was in, but is not showing on their website or
catalog yet: the Filzer dB4LWc adds a (wired) cadence function for a few
dollars more (I think it's C$25).

Waiting to see what Filzer could do in the logging HRM market,

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home