PDA

View Full Version : Finally it stopped raining

May 30th 05, 06:02 PM
So I actually got out on my bike for a nice ride yesterday. For the
first time in a month it wasn't ****ing all weekend! Everyone was out
for a ride, needless to say.

OF course, that wasn't so good. Everyone was out on a ride which meant
the bike path was treacherously clogged, and the car traffic on some
parts of the 'scenic route' which is a designated shared road, was
heinous. I nearly got doored. But that was only the last few K on the
way home- aside from that I was so happy to be on my bike I was like a
bat out of hell!

This week is 'bike festival' which begins with 'bike to work day' a
night ride, and the tour de l'ile next sunday. For one week or so,
beginning with the women's race, we get a 'bikes are beautiful'
climate.Then it's back to, "Get off the road"! for those of us who
actually CONTINUE to ride our bikes after the big fair is over.

Mike Latondresse
May 30th 05, 06:38 PM
wrote in
:

> So I actually got out on my bike for a nice ride yesterday. For
> the first time in a month it wasn't ****ing all weekend! Everyone
> was out for a ride, needless to say.
>
> OF course, that wasn't so good. Everyone was out on a ride which
> meant the bike path was treacherously clogged, and the car traffic
> on some parts of the 'scenic route' which is a designated shared
> road, was heinous. I nearly got doored. But that was only the last
> few K on the way home- aside from that I was so happy to be on my
> bike I was like a bat out of hell!
>
> This week is 'bike festival' which begins with 'bike to work day'
> a night ride, and the tour de l'ile next sunday. For one week or
> so, beginning with the women's race, we get a 'bikes are
> beautiful' climate.Then it's back to, "Get off the road"! for
> those of us who actually CONTINUE to ride our bikes after the big
> fair is over.

Marlene did you see the Montreal World Cup race that Genevieve
Jeanson won?

lokey
May 31st 05, 03:02 AM
> wrote in message
> So I actually got out on my bike for a nice ride yesterday. For the
> first time in a month it wasn't ****ing all weekend! Everyone was out
> for a ride, needless to say.

Not to make you envious but.... They've been forecasting a week of rain,
thunderstorms and such for over a week hereabouts. It still hasn't shown up.
Each day has been clear or just partly cloudy with those huge magnificent
puffy clouds floating in an azure sky.

Just lucky I guess.

--
'Hope is a pleasant acquaintance,
but an unsafe friend.' -thomas c haliburton

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home