PDA

View Full Version : Where to go??

??????
June 6th 05, 07:27 AM
Can anyone suggest any nice place to go for cycling around Singapore?

June 6th 05, 07:57 AM
ahhahaha...no place. It is like riding in single apartment.

Michael Warner
June 6th 05, 10:28 AM
On 5 Jun 2005 23:27:15 -0700, ?????? wrote:

> Can anyone suggest any nice place to go for cycling around Singapore?

Chances are cycling is illegal there.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

Mark Hickey
June 6th 05, 02:17 PM
"??????" > wrote:

>Can anyone suggest any nice place to go for cycling around Singapore?

There are a reasonable number of cyclists in Singapore - not as many
per capita as in most large cities, but they're there. There are some
off-road trails (can't remember the name of the park, but it's a large
- relative to the size of Singapore - nature preserve with trails.
Nothing too technical (no real hills) but still better than not
riding.

The problem is that S'pore is a small island with a large population.
They are trying to limit the number of cars on the road (through some
fairly draconian taxation, but I suppose otherwise no one would be
able to drive anywhere).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Maggie
June 6th 05, 03:21 PM
Mark Hickey wrote:
> Mark Hickey
> Habanero Cycles
> http://www.habcycles.com

Is that you with the glasses Mark? Or are you the duck smashing the
computer?

Maggie

No more pain
No more strain
Now I'm sane
But I'll rather be in love again

Bill Sornson
June 6th 05, 04:20 PM
Maggie wrote:
> Mark Hickey wrote:
>> Mark Hickey
>> Habanero Cycles
>> http://www.habcycles.com
>
> Is that you with the glasses Mark? Or are you the duck smashing the
> computer?

Funny, he doesn't LOOK like a conservative!

:-D

Ravi
June 6th 05, 06:52 PM
?????? wrote:
> Can anyone suggest any nice place to go for cycling around Singapore?

are you looking for MTB Trails or Road rides ?? Check out:

http://user.chollian.net/~hwayon/sing/

there are links to bicycle shops in Singapore - you can contact them for
local maps or pointers...

+ravi

Dennis Ferguson
June 6th 05, 09:13 PM
wrote:
> Can anyone suggest any nice place to go for cycling around Singapore?

You could try searching from here

http://tinyurl.com/7rm4s

to see what you can find.

I will tell you that I once took my travel bike to Singapore when
I was staying there for a week, but never managed to work up
enough enthusiasm to put the bike together and ride it. It was
probably just the neighbourhood I was staying in, but the place
was unappeallingly crowded and I'm not sure I saw anyone else on
a bike the entire week I was there.

Dennis Ferguson

Fritz M
June 6th 05, 09:29 PM
Mark Hickey wrote:

> Habanero Cycles
> http://www.habcycles.com

I haven't looked at your website in a while. When did you move to
Florida?

RFM

Mark Hickey
June 7th 05, 04:25 AM
"Bill Sornson" > wrote:

>Maggie wrote:
>> Mark Hickey wrote:
>>> Mark Hickey
>>> Habanero Cycles
>>> http://www.habcycles.com
>>
>> Is that you with the glasses Mark? Or are you the duck smashing the
>> computer?

Actually, the computer smashed ME this weekend (had to get a new
machine to get back to a reasonable level of productivity - still
going through the file transfer hell). But that's me on the left - a
kinda old photo I'm afraid. I'm not really vain about getting older -
just too lazy to put up a new one. Maybe I can find a good racing
photo and replace that one...

>Funny, he doesn't LOOK like a conservative!
>
>:-D

What, no horns?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey
June 7th 05, 04:26 AM
"Fritz M" > wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:
>
>> Habanero Cycles
>> http://www.habcycles.com
>
>I haven't looked at your website in a while. When did you move to
>Florida?

The "hands-on" portion of the business is still in Florida - I'm in
Arizona (where the riding is MUCH better than Florida). The beauty of
the way I set up the business is that I can do my part from virtually
anywhere.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Maggie
June 7th 05, 01:52 PM
Mark Hickey wrote:
But that's me on the left - a
> kinda old photo I'm afraid. I'm not really vain about getting older -
> just too lazy to put up a new one. Maybe I can find a good racing
> photo and replace that one...
>
> Mark Hickey

Well, even if its an old photo....you look great and I'm sure you still
do.
;-)

Maggie

Mathias Koerber
June 7th 05, 02:00 PM
?????? said the following on 6/6/2005 14:27:
> Can anyone suggest any nice place to go for cycling around Singapore?

You can ask the locals: www.togoparts.com
www.anzacycling.com

it really depends what your intention is.

For Mountain biking: T15 or Bukit Timah Nature Reserve

Mathias

Neil Brooks
June 7th 05, 02:21 PM
"Maggie" > wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:
>But that's me on the left - a
>> kinda old photo I'm afraid. I'm not really vain about getting older -
>> just too lazy to put up a new one. Maybe I can find a good racing
>> photo and replace that one...
>>
>> Mark Hickey
>

>Well, even if its an old photo....you look great and I'm sure you still
>do.

You'll meet him soon enough, Maggie.

There's a *tremendous* force that draws NY/NJ "people of a certain
aga" down to South Florida, (and an equally *tremendous* force pulling
MI/OH/IL/IN people down to West coast Florida)....

Neil Brooks
June 7th 05, 02:24 PM
Neil Brooks > wrote:

>"Maggie" > wrote:
>

>>Mark Hickey wrote:
>>But that's me on the left - a
>>> kinda old photo I'm afraid. I'm not really vain about getting older -
>>> just too lazy to put up a new one. Maybe I can find a good racing
>>> photo and replace that one...
>>>
>>> Mark Hickey
>>

>>Well, even if its an old photo....you look great and I'm sure you still
>>do.
>
>You'll meet him soon enough, Maggie.
>
>There's a *tremendous* force that draws NY/NJ "people of a certain
>aga" down to South Florida, (and an equally *tremendous* force pulling
>MI/OH/IL/IN people down to West coast Florida)....

Nice typo. Should read: "people of a certain age"

Cof-fee . . . .

H M Leary
June 7th 05, 02:25 PM
In article >,
Neil Brooks > wrote:

> "Maggie" > wrote:
>

> >Mark Hickey wrote:
> >But that's me on the left - a
> >> kinda old photo I'm afraid. I'm not really vain about getting older -
> >> just too lazy to put up a new one. Maybe I can find a good racing
> >> photo and replace that one...
> >>
> >> Mark Hickey
> >

> >Well, even if its an old photo....you look great and I'm sure you still
> >do.
>
> You'll meet him soon enough, Maggie.
>
> There's a *tremendous* force that draws NY/NJ "people of a certain
> aga" down to South Florida, (and an equally *tremendous* force pulling
> MI/OH/IL/IN people down to West coast Florida)....

Yo! Neil..

Are you talking about Snobirds???

HAND

Neil Brooks
June 7th 05, 02:45 PM
H M Leary > wrote:

>In article >,
> Neil Brooks > wrote:
>
>> "Maggie" > wrote:
>>

>> >Mark Hickey wrote:
>> >But that's me on the left - a

>> >Well, even if its an old photo....you look great and I'm sure you still
>> >do.
>>
>> You'll meet him soon enough, Maggie.
>>
>> There's a *tremendous* force that draws NY/NJ "people of a certain
>> aga" down to South Florida, (and an equally *tremendous* force pulling
>> MI/OH/IL/IN people down to West coast Florida)....
>
>Yo! Neil..
>
>Are you talking about Snobirds???

That would be them.

IIRC correctly, from my Fort Myers days, they were known variously as
"frogheads" (this was the view of their small-statured driving
position), "Q-tips," or "Cataracts in Cadillacs."

My favorite bumper sticker from the day was, "When I get old, I'm
gonna' move up North and drive *really slowly* in the left lane."

Close second: "Some of us aren't *on* vacation."

Ahhh, Florida....

Bill Baka
June 8th 05, 01:09 AM
Neil Brooks wrote:
> "Maggie" > wrote:
>

>>Mark Hickey wrote:
>>But that's me on the left - a
>>
>>>kinda old photo I'm afraid. I'm not really vain about getting older -
>>>just too lazy to put up a new one. Maybe I can find a good racing
>>>photo and replace that one...
>>>
>>>Mark Hickey
>>

>>Well, even if its an old photo....you look great and I'm sure you still
>>do.
>

> You'll meet him soon enough, Maggie.
>
> There's a *tremendous* force that draws NY/NJ "people of a certain
> aga" down to South Florida, (and an equally *tremendous* force pulling
> MI/OH/IL/IN people down to West coast Florida)....

I dunno about that. My sister was from Chicago, same as me, and decided
to retire in Az. She got tired of the wild weather, random
thunderstorms, small but nasty tornadoes, and all that stuff that does
happen if Florida. just at a warmer temperature. She now loves to
explore and is on a road trip with a friend, but also loves air
conditioning. She says 115 degrees F is not out of the ordinary, but she
does try to get out and bike when it is cool enough. 6:00 A.M. maybe
when it is a cool 80 degrees??
Bill Baka
Bill Baka

Google