PDA

View Full Version : Bike article on MSNBC

Rich
June 7th 05, 03:53 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8090449/

Diablo Scott
June 7th 05, 05:48 PM
Rich wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8090449/

The guy is a columnist for bikemag.com and the story was copied from
there but I didn't see an attribution on the MSNBC site.
http://bikemag.com/features/columns/

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

Ken
June 7th 05, 05:59 PM
"Rich" > wrote in message
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8090449/

Interesting little article - I find that after 4 or five days off the bike,
I have a hard time getting back into some real riding. But once I get back
into it, it feels GOOD!

Ken

Bill Sornson
June 7th 05, 05:59 PM
Diablo Scott wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8090449/
>
> The guy is a columnist for bikemag.com and the story was copied from
> there but I didn't see an attribution on the MSNBC site.

It's practically an AD for "BIKE" (in fact, it might be). Look again.

Diablo Scott
June 7th 05, 06:43 PM
Bill Sornson wrote:

> It's practically an AD for "BIKE" (in fact, it might be). Look again.

Well that shows how good I've gotten at ignoring ads - I literally don't
even see them anymore.

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

Rich
June 7th 05, 07:21 PM
Diablo Scott wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> It's practically an AD for "BIKE" (in fact, it might be). Look again.
>>
> Well that shows how good I've gotten at ignoring ads - I literally don't
> even see them anymore.

There were ads?

jj
June 7th 05, 08:10 PM
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:59:21 -0400, "Ken"
> wrote:

>"Rich" > wrote in message
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8090449/
>
>Interesting little article - I find that after 4 or five days off the bike,
>I have a hard time getting back into some real riding. But once I get back
>into it, it feels GOOD!
>
>Ken

Ken, how's the riding going? Last time you mentioned you were getting
multi-laps on your course and improving rapidly.

Still hanging in there, good buddy? ;-)

jj

Ken
June 7th 05, 08:58 PM
"jj" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:59:21 -0400, "Ken"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Rich" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8090449/
>>
>>Interesting little article - I find that after 4 or five days off the
>>bike,
>>I have a hard time getting back into some real riding. But once I get back
>>into it, it feels GOOD!
>>
>>Ken
>
> Ken, how's the riding going? Last time you mentioned you were getting
> multi-laps on your course and improving rapidly.
>
> Still hanging in there, good buddy? ;-)
>
> jj

Well the weather here was not very good for riding for like 6 days in a row.
We had pop-up thunder and lightning storms. I don't ride in that kind of
stuff. I don't feature getting hit by a bolt from the sky. Just getting back
into the mutli lap routine again.

ken

jj
June 7th 05, 09:31 PM
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:58:30 -0400, "Ken"
> wrote:

>"jj" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:59:21 -0400, "Ken"
>> > wrote:

>>>Interesting little article - I find that after 4 or five days off the
>>>bike,
>>>I have a hard time getting back into some real riding. But once I get back
>>>into it, it feels GOOD!
>>>
>>>Ken
>>
>> Ken, how's the riding going? Last time you mentioned you were getting
>> multi-laps on your course and improving rapidly.
>>
>> Still hanging in there, good buddy? ;-)
>>
>> jj
>>

>Well the weather here was not very good for riding for like 6 days in a row.
>We had pop-up thunder and lightning storms. I don't ride in that kind of
>stuff. I don't feature getting hit by a bolt from the sky. Just getting back
>into the mutli lap routine again.
>
>ken

Just checking on ya. I can't wait for you to post another ride report. I
love those things you do, and your ability to express your excitement and
celebration - very motivating.

jj

Ken
June 7th 05, 09:51 PM
"jj" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:58:30 -0400, "Ken"
> > wrote:
>

>>"jj" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:59:21 -0400, "Ken"

>>> Ken, how's the riding going? Last time you mentioned you were getting
>>> multi-laps on your course and improving rapidly.
>>>
>>> Still hanging in there, good buddy? ;-)
>>>
>>> jj
>>>

>>Well the weather here was not very good for riding for like 6 days in a
>>row.
>>We had pop-up thunder and lightning storms. I don't ride in that kind of
>>stuff. I don't feature getting hit by a bolt from the sky. Just getting
>>back
>>into the mutli lap routine again.
>>
>>ken
>
> Just checking on ya. I can't wait for you to post another ride report. I
> love those things you do, and your ability to express your excitement and
> celebration - very motivating.
>
> jj

Well my "ride reports" are really more for me. It's one of the ways I find I
can keep my motivation going. But I am glad someone else enjoys them too. I
also have a blog that I have more or less turned into another outlet for my
cycling thoughts and stuff. I am considering doing a bit of solo touring a
bit later in the summer and early fall. So the posts could get more
interesting.

Ken

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home