PDA

View Full Version : when mom's happy...

small change
August 30th 05, 10:41 PM
every one is happy, they say. After discussing the options with Mr
Adventure, he's all for getting Jr. Adventure a decent bike. So I drug the
poor kid out of bed... last week of vacation and he's still sleeping at
11... and off we go. First stop was the other specialized dealer who was
supposed to have put together a L hardrock but something was lost in
communication, stock on hand and bike supply so after 20 minutes of
headscratching Jr and I went back down to other shop and bought a bike, the
one that gave him the biggest grin yesterday. Haven't purchased much from
this particular shop, but some of the guys have come out on trail work days,
so we'll see. If the kid wheelie-ing around the culdesac is any sign, I
can't wait to drag him out on the trails.

quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this is the
kid that did an amazing save back in SV
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg My
reply, "it's better to not endo....

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php

MattB
August 30th 05, 11:28 PM
small change wrote:
> every one is happy, they say. After discussing the options with Mr
> Adventure, he's all for getting Jr. Adventure a decent bike. So I drug the
> poor kid out of bed... last week of vacation and he's still sleeping at
> 11... and off we go. First stop was the other specialized dealer who was
> supposed to have put together a L hardrock but something was lost in
> communication, stock on hand and bike supply so after 20 minutes of
> headscratching Jr and I went back down to other shop and bought a bike, the
> one that gave him the biggest grin yesterday. Haven't purchased much from
> this particular shop, but some of the guys have come out on trail work days,
> so we'll see. If the kid wheelie-ing around the culdesac is any sign, I
> can't wait to drag him out on the trails.

Excellent! Looks like a decent enough bike from here - I've never seen
one in person.

> quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this is the
> kid that did an amazing save back in SV
> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg My
> reply, "it's better to not endo....

Yeah, that's like telling kids abstinence is the only way if they ask
about safe sex. I'd agree with your statement and say the same thing,
but then follow it with: "...but if you actually want to practice them,
do it on the lawn." :)

> http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php

Matt (was looking at little bikes for my little dude today - maybe next
year)

small change
August 31st 05, 12:24 AM
MattB wrote:

>> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg My
>> reply, "it's better to not endo....
>>

> Yeah, that's like telling kids abstinence is the only way if they ask
> about safe sex. I'd agree with your statement and say the same thing,
> but then follow it with: "...but if you actually want to practice
> them, do it on the lawn." :)

He told me he wants to practice endos in an attempt to duplicate the land
on the feet move in the picture. "that was cool!"

Zilla
August 31st 05, 02:16 AM
My SS is a Haro V4 frame, and it IS durable.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

"small change" > wrote in message
> every one is happy, they say. After discussing the options with Mr
> Adventure, he's all for getting Jr. Adventure a decent bike. So I drug
the
> poor kid out of bed... last week of vacation and he's still sleeping at
> 11... and off we go. First stop was the other specialized dealer who was
> supposed to have put together a L hardrock but something was lost in
> communication, stock on hand and bike supply so after 20 minutes of
> headscratching Jr and I went back down to other shop and bought a bike,
the
> one that gave him the biggest grin yesterday. Haven't purchased much from
> this particular shop, but some of the guys have come out on trail work
days,
> so we'll see. If the kid wheelie-ing around the culdesac is any sign, I
> can't wait to drag him out on the trails.
>
> quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this is
the
> kid that did an amazing save back in SV
> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg My
> reply, "it's better to not endo....
>
> http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php

small change
August 31st 05, 02:27 AM
Zilla wrote:
> My SS is a Haro V4 frame, and it IS durable.

lol, when I google-grouped haro, your inquiry about them is one of the few
posts that emerged.

penny

jack
August 31st 05, 03:25 AM
> quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this is
the
> kid that did an amazing save back in SV
> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg My
> reply, "it's better to not endo....
>
> http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php

Buy him this book. Came out this year. A very good "how to" for advance
mtbing skills.

http://leelikesbikes.com/MasteringMountainBikeSkills/

Slack
August 31st 05, 03:52 AM
small change wrote:

> every one is happy, they say. After discussing the options with Mr
> Adventure, he's all for getting Jr. Adventure a decent bike. So I drug the
> poor kid

Many moms just stop right there ;-P

> out of bed... last week of vacation and he's still sleeping at
> 11... and off we go. First stop was the other specialized dealer who was
> supposed to have put together a L hardrock but something was lost in
> communication, stock on hand and bike supply so after 20 minutes of
> headscratching Jr and I went back down to other shop and bought a bike, the
> one that gave him the biggest grin yesterday. Haven't purchased much from
> this particular shop, but some of the guys have come out on trail work days,
> so we'll see. If the kid wheelie-ing around the culdesac is any sign, I
> can't wait to drag him out on the trails.
>
> quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this is the
> kid that did an amazing save back in SV
> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg My
> reply, "it's better to not endo....
>
> http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php

:-) You're a rad mom :-)

--
Slack

small change
August 31st 05, 05:21 AM
jack wrote:
>> quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this
>> is the kid that did an amazing save back in SV
>> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg
>> My reply, "it's better to not endo....
>>
>> http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php
>>

> Buy him this book. Came out this year. A very good "how to" for
> advance mtbing skills.
>
> http://leelikesbikes.com/MasteringMountainBikeSkills/

already own Ned's book, not like he'd read it anyway.

We're just going to go out and have fun. I think I can handle passing on any
skills if needed, three years of camp with Cindy Devine I think I've got the
basics covered.

P.

jack
August 31st 05, 07:32 PM
"small change" > wrote in message
> jack wrote:
> >> quote of the day: "Mom, how do I practice endo-ing?" Mind you , this
> >> is the kid that did an amazing save back in SV
> >> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg
> >> My reply, "it's better to not endo....
> >>
> >> http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/vseries-v4.php
> >>

> > Buy him this book. Came out this year. A very good "how to" for
> > advance mtbing skills.
> >
> > http://leelikesbikes.com/MasteringMountainBikeSkills/
>
> already own Ned's book, not like he'd read it anyway.
>
> We're just going to go out and have fun. I think I can handle passing on
any
> skills if needed, three years of camp with Cindy Devine I think I've got
the
> basics covered.
>
> P.

I've got Ned's book too. Good book to learn the basics. Hardly any
pictures or illustrations. Lee's book is advance and has tons of pictures
and illustrations on how to. Really good to understand concepts. Yes I
agree you can't beat a really good teacher or coach to implement the
concepts. We've got this dude that's almost at the jump park everyday.
He's 5'9" tall and weighs around 250 pounds but man can he fly. He
normally doesn't tell people what they're doing wrong. I always bug him for
tips and each tip he has given me has really improved my technique.

Here's sample page from Lee's book.

http://leelikesbikes.com/MasteringMountainBikeSkills/Preview/Preview15.html

Lee McCormack spent a lot of time riding and learning from Brian Lopes to
write this book. It paid off for Lee because he went from the middle of the
pack Expert racer to winning at See Otter in the Expert division.

Michael Dart
September 1st 05, 12:26 PM
small change wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>>> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/images/100_1414sm.jpg
>>> My reply, "it's better to not endo....
>>>

>> Yeah, that's like telling kids abstinence is the only way if they ask
>> about safe sex. I'd agree with your statement and say the same thing,
>> but then follow it with: "...but if you actually want to practice
>> them, do it on the lawn." :)
>>

> He told me he wants to practice endos in an attempt to duplicate the
> land on the feet move in the picture. "that was cool!"

Get some padding for that stem if you ever want to be a happy grand-mom!
;^)

Mike

Shaun aRe
September 1st 05, 04:12 PM
"small change" > wrote in message

> So I drug the
> poor kid out of bed...

Ahh, used crystal meth to get him up huh?

Shaun aRe

no spam for me
September 3rd 05, 01:01 PM
Yep, a little hillbilly heroin and they stuff a bike up your gazoo! Sounds
like a great way to start the day!

LOL!

"Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
news.net...

> "small change" > wrote in message
>

> > So I drug the
> > poor kid out of bed...
>
> Ahh, used crystal meth to get him up huh?
>

> Shaun aRe

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home