PDA

View Full Version : Word From Rich T

JD
September 1st 05, 03:54 PM
Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
grid.

JD

Craig Brossman
September 1st 05, 04:05 PM
JD wrote:
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.
>
> JD

Thanks Jerry, we are all in this together, even if we are directly affected.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."
Edward R. Murrow

Jimbo(san)
September 1st 05, 04:38 PM
JD Wrote:
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot,
> it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.
>
> JD

Thanks Jer

That is some good news

Jimbo

--
Jimbo(san)

Bill Sornson
September 1st 05, 04:48 PM
JD wrote:
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot,
> it doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further
> West of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on
> the grid.

"Egggsellent"

J. Monty Sorni

Corvus Corvax
September 1st 05, 04:57 PM
JD wrote:
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.

Ah, good.

CC

freightgod
September 1st 05, 05:09 PM
Corvus Corvax wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> > yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> > doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> > of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> > grid.
>
> Ah, good.
>
> CC

That is good news. Thanks.

Paladin
September 1st 05, 07:01 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.
>
> JD

Tx for the update, compaghre, I just figgerd he was hunkering down in the
basement of the AMB bar.

CDB

gabrielle
September 1st 05, 07:18 PM
good.

gabrielle

Jason
September 1st 05, 07:38 PM
* JD >:
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.
>
> JD

Nice to hear he's ok.

Jason

JohnH
September 1st 05, 07:46 PM
JD wrote:
> Rich is ok

Good stuff. I hope AMBar didn't get flooded as well!

Phil, Squid-in-Training
September 2nd 05, 12:03 AM
"JD" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.
>
> JD

Great news! Who is Rich T?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Corvus Corvax
September 2nd 05, 12:10 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

> Great news! Who is Rich T?

Someone who is much classier than the rest of the rifraff who hang out
here.

CC

Slack
September 2nd 05, 12:46 AM
JD wrote:
> Rich is ok and doesn't have a tally on damage to his personal trails
> yet. They are on limited generator power, but other than being hot, it
> doesn't seem like it's too distressing compared to people further West
> of Mobile. He said he'll drop me an email when they are back on the
> grid.
>
> JD

:-)

Slack
September 2nd 05, 12:46 AM
Corvus Corvax wrote:

> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>
>>Great news! Who is Rich T?
>

> Someone who is much classier than the rest of the rifraff who hang out
> here.
>
> CC

Very true.
--
Slack

BB
September 2nd 05, 02:30 AM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:03:49 -0400, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

You weren't here in the days of the AMBar? (AMB bar)?

Unfortunately that establishment is no longer in business. :-(

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

small change
September 2nd 05, 02:48 AM
BB wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:03:49 -0400, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>
> You weren't here in the days of the AMBar? (AMB bar)?
>
> Unfortunately that establishment is no longer in business. :-(

you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they have been
taken down. ;-(

Ride-A-Lot
September 2nd 05, 03:12 AM
small change wrote:
> BB wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:03:49 -0400, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>
>>You weren't here in the days of the AMBar? (AMB bar)?
>>
>>Unfortunately that establishment is no longer in business. :-(
>

> you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they have been
> taken down. ;-(

They're gone and you can't even get them with the Wayback Machine. He's
dedicated his Website to their business (him and his wife).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

BB
September 2nd 05, 03:30 AM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:48:57 -0700, small change wrote:

> you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they have been
> taken down. ;-(

Yeah, the URLs are still there in google, but its not on the server. A
searched images.google.com, but sadly just found that there are an awful
lot of people who can't spell amber.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Slack
September 2nd 05, 03:38 AM
BB wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:48:57 -0700, small change wrote:
>

>>you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they have been
>>taken down. ;-(
>

> Yeah, the URLs are still there in google, but its not on the server. A
> searched images.google.com, but sadly just found that there are an awful
> lot of people who can't spell amber.

ROTFL I noticed the same thing trying to goolge it up.
--
Slack

Slack
September 2nd 05, 03:50 AM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> small change wrote:
>
>> BB wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:03:49 -0400, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>>
>>> You weren't here in the days of the AMBar? (AMB bar)?
>>>
>>> Unfortunately that establishment is no longer in business. :-(
>>

>> you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they
>> have been taken down. ;-(
>>

> They're gone and you can't even get them with the Wayback Machine. He's
> dedicated his Website to their business (him and his wife).

I don't recall ever seeing his wife's work. W O W
http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/water_becomes_her_001
http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/valentines_day_001
http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/valentines_day_001
http://lyndatouart.com/drawings/back_lit

The lady has some talent.
--
Slack

small change
September 2nd 05, 04:36 AM
Slack wrote:
> BB wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:48:57 -0700, small change wrote:
>>

>>> you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they
>>> have been taken down. ;-(
>>

>> Yeah, the URLs are still there in google, but its not on the server.
>> A searched images.google.com, but sadly just found that there are an
>> awful lot of people who can't spell amber.
>>

> ROTFL I noticed the same thing trying to goolge it up.

I thought I had the only one that had me in it saved to my hard drive (
sorry for not asking, RT) but I guess not.

Mark Hickey
September 2nd 05, 05:07 AM
"Corvus Corvax" > wrote:

>Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>
>> Great news! Who is Rich T?
>
>Someone who is much classier than the rest of the rifraff who hang out
>here.

C'mon, narrow it down at least a LITTLE....

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Phil, Squid-in-Training
September 2nd 05, 05:09 AM
small change wrote:
> Slack wrote:
>> BB wrote:

>>> Yeah, the URLs are still there in google, but its not on the server.
>>> A searched images.google.com, but sadly just found that there are an
>>> awful lot of people who can't spell amber.
>>>

>> ROTFL I noticed the same thing trying to goolge it up.
>
> I thought I had the only one that had me in it saved to my hard drive
> ( sorry for not asking, RT) but I guess not.

Hehe... 10 responses and I still don't quite have an answer yet...

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

small change
September 2nd 05, 06:57 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> Slack wrote:

>>> ROTFL I noticed the same thing trying to goolge it up.
>>
>> I thought I had the only one that had me in it saved to my hard drive
>> ( sorry for not asking, RT) but I guess not.
>
> Hehe... 10 responses and I still don't quite have an answer yet...

it was a graphic novel of sorts, more arty than a comic strip, featuring
many amb regulars, in jokes, commentary on threads, etc. You knew you were
"in" here at AMB if you made into the AM-bar....

Jimbo(san)
September 2nd 05, 02:25 PM
<small change
it was a graphic novel of sorts, more arty than a comic strip,
featuring
many amb regulars, in jokes, commentary on threads, etc. You knew you
were
"in" here at AMB if you made into the AM-bar....>

I have the one he did about Carla and I on my desk...
I wish we had an archive... Some damn funny stuff!

--
Jimbo(san)

Shaun aRe
September 2nd 05, 02:50 PM
"Slack" > wrote in message
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
> > small change wrote:

> >> you used to be able to bring them up with google, but I think they
> >> have been taken down. ;-(
> >>

> > They're gone and you can't even get them with the Wayback Machine. He's
> > dedicated his Website to their business (him and his wife).
> >

> I don't recall ever seeing his wife's work. W O W

Me either!

> http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/water_becomes_her_001
> http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/valentines_day_001
> http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/valentines_day_001
> http://lyndatouart.com/drawings/back_lit
>
> The lady has some talent.

Induckingfeed! Not to mention, a fine eye for a great female arse... hmmm...

OMG, there goes that butt again:

http://lyndatouart.com/drawings/dream_on_001

',;~}~

Glad to hear whoeverheiswotsisname is alright! <Cough!>

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Nelson Binch
September 3rd 05, 12:41 AM
"small change" > wrote in message
| Slack wrote:
| > BB wrote:

| >> Yeah, the URLs are still there in google, but its not on the server.
| >> A searched images.google.com, but sadly just found that there are an
| >> awful lot of people who can't spell amber.
| >>

| > ROTFL I noticed the same thing trying to goolge it up.
|
| I thought I had the only one that had me in it saved to my hard drive (
| sorry for not asking, RT) but I guess not.

Dang, I should have saved the one with me in it.

Rich
September 3rd 05, 01:42 AM
Hey! My nose was twitching.
I have no trails any more. Hurricane Ivan wiped them out last year. I
tried a couple of times to recut but my heart was no longer in it. I
quit riding all together. Last week I used my tractor to open up some
logging trails thinking that would be a good start to get back on the
bike. I got two rides in before Hurricane Katrina.

We just got power restored today and tomorrow morning I'll crank up the
tractor and see what I can do. It's a mess here.

I'm sorry the Am-Bar toons are gone. There are a lot of boring reasons
for that. I still have them stored somewhere.

Anyhoo, thanks for thinkin bout me. I closed my business Jan 1 and am
now a true bum. Lovin every minit of it.

Rich

small change
September 3rd 05, 02:48 AM
Rich wrote:
> Hey! My nose was twitching.
> I have no trails any more. Hurricane Ivan wiped them out last year.
> I tried a couple of times to recut but my heart was no longer in it.
> I quit riding all together. Last week I used my tractor to open up
> some logging trails thinking that would be a good start to get back
> on the bike. I got two rides in before Hurricane Katrina.
>
> We just got power restored today and tomorrow morning I'll crank up
> the tractor and see what I can do. It's a mess here.
>
> I'm sorry the Am-Bar toons are gone. There are a lot of boring
> reasons for that. I still have them stored somewhere.
>
> Anyhoo, thanks for thinkin bout me. I closed my business Jan 1 and am
> now a true bum. Lovin every minit of it.
>
> Rich

I'd host them if it's a web space issue,

Now I'm sure the squid is more confused/curious than ever...

penny

Slack
September 3rd 05, 03:00 AM
Rich wrote:

> Hey! My nose was twitching.
> I have no trails any more. Hurricane Ivan wiped them out last year. I
> tried a couple of times to recut but my heart was no longer in it. I
> quit riding all together. Last week I used my tractor to open up some
> logging trails thinking that would be a good start to get back on the
> bike. I got two rides in before Hurricane Katrina.
>
> We just got power restored today and tomorrow morning I'll crank up the
> tractor and see what I can do. It's a mess here.
>
> I'm sorry the Am-Bar toons are gone. There are a lot of boring reasons
> for that. I still have them stored somewhere.
>
> Anyhoo, thanks for thinkin bout me. I closed my business Jan 1 and am
> now a true bum. Lovin every minit of it.
>
> Rich

Now that you're a slacker, why not throw up a brand new Am-Bar toon :-)
--
Slack (no relation)

JD
September 3rd 05, 06:20 PM
Rich wrote:
> Hey! My nose was twitching.
> I have no trails any more. Hurricane Ivan wiped them out last year. I
> tried a couple of times to recut but my heart was no longer in it. I
> quit riding all together. Last week I used my tractor to open up some
> logging trails thinking that would be a good start to get back on the
> bike. I got two rides in before Hurricane Katrina.

Ivan the Terrible! At least you are back on the bike again.

> We just got power restored today and tomorrow morning I'll crank up the
> tractor and see what I can do. It's a mess here.

I can imagine. I lived in Biloxi from April '82-September '82 and they
were still yakking about Frederick and Camille.

> I'm sorry the Am-Bar toons are gone. There are a lot of boring reasons
> for that. I still have them stored somewhere.

A true classic never dies.

> Anyhoo, thanks for thinkin bout me. I closed my business Jan 1 and am
> now a true bum. Lovin every minit of it.

Make that a "bike bum" and love it even more, my friend. I'm glad to
hear you and Lynda are ok.

JD

Phil, Squid-in-Training
September 4th 05, 04:25 AM
small change wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>> Hey! My nose was twitching.
>> I have no trails any more. Hurricane Ivan wiped them out last year.
>> I tried a couple of times to recut but my heart was no longer in it.
>> I quit riding all together. Last week I used my tractor to open up
>> some logging trails thinking that would be a good start to get back
>> on the bike. I got two rides in before Hurricane Katrina.
>>
>> We just got power restored today and tomorrow morning I'll crank up
>> the tractor and see what I can do. It's a mess here.
>>
>> I'm sorry the Am-Bar toons are gone. There are a lot of boring
>> reasons for that. I still have them stored somewhere.
>>
>> Anyhoo, thanks for thinkin bout me. I closed my business Jan 1 and
>> am now a true bum. Lovin every minit of it.
>>
>> Rich
>
> I'd host them if it's a web space issue,
>
> Now I'm sure the squid is more confused/curious than ever...
>
> penny

Nobody really said "toon" before, so now it all makes sense. I wasn't sure
if it was a real bar or a summin else.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Slack
September 4th 05, 04:50 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> small change wrote:
>
>>Rich wrote:
>>
>>>Hey! My nose was twitching.
>>>I have no trails any more. Hurricane Ivan wiped them out last year.
>>>I tried a couple of times to recut but my heart was no longer in it.
>>>I quit riding all together. Last week I used my tractor to open up
>>>some logging trails thinking that would be a good start to get back
>>>on the bike. I got two rides in before Hurricane Katrina.
>>>
>>>We just got power restored today and tomorrow morning I'll crank up
>>>the tractor and see what I can do. It's a mess here.
>>>
>>>I'm sorry the Am-Bar toons are gone. There are a lot of boring
>>>reasons for that. I still have them stored somewhere.
>>>
>>>Anyhoo, thanks for thinkin bout me. I closed my business Jan 1 and
>>>am now a true bum. Lovin every minit of it.
>>>
>>>Rich
>>
>>I'd host them if it's a web space issue,
>>
>>Now I'm sure the squid is more confused/curious than ever...
>>
>>penny
>

> Nobody really said "toon" before, so now it all makes sense. I wasn't sure
> if it was a real bar or a summin else.

I think the best description would be color toon-strip. The bar was the
"official" amb pub/hang-out with a couple FSRs leaning against the wall.
You would see the view of the bar from the outside and never see a
real person.... rarely even a silhouette of a person. The bar was always
the same with the same bike(s) leaning against the wall. Text balloons
coming from the windows of the bar with witty comments about current
affairs @ alt-amb.

They truly were classics.
--
Slack

Rudy
September 10th 05, 04:16 PM
"Slack" > wrote in message news:h66dnUY-
> I don't recall ever seeing his wife's work. W O W
> http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/water_becomes_her_001
> http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/valentines_day_001
> http://lyndatouart.com/paintings/valentines_day_001
> http://lyndatouart.com/drawings/back_lit