PDA

View Full Version : Frame anodising

Coyoteboy
September 8th 05, 03:35 PM
OK, this cant be found anywhere in AM-B i dont think. Anyone anodised a
complete frame? Mines looking tired and since im modifying it to add a
new shock position i figured i'd get the frame anodised - if its cheap
enough?

MattB
September 8th 05, 03:50 PM
Coyoteboy wrote:
> OK, this cant be found anywhere in AM-B i dont think. Anyone anodised a
> complete frame? Mines looking tired and since im modifying it to add a
> new shock position i figured i'd get the frame anodised - if its cheap
> enough?

Purple, I hope!

Matt

GeeDubb
September 8th 05, 04:43 PM
Coyoteboy wrote:
> OK, this cant be found anywhere in AM-B i dont think. Anyone anodised
> a complete frame? Mines looking tired and since im modifying it to
> add a new shock position i figured i'd get the frame anodised - if
> its cheap enough?

Why not powder coat? I think it'd be less expensive.

Gary

di
September 8th 05, 06:07 PM
"Coyoteboy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> OK, this cant be found anywhere in AM-B i dont think. Anyone anodised a
> complete frame? Mines looking tired and since im modifying it to add a
> new shock position i figured i'd get the frame anodised - if its cheap
> enough?

The anodized color is a dye, it won't hold up long when exposed to the
elements, it will eventually fade. Anodize is a surface treatment and
surface hardening process.

look at this website for more information

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

Coyoteboy
September 9th 05, 12:56 PM
Noooooo not purple!

Coyoteboy
September 9th 05, 12:57 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> Why not powder coat? I think it'd be less expensive.
>
> Gary

Hmm, I@ll have to look into that option. I quite like anodies finish
tho.Will check it out.

Coyoteboy
September 9th 05, 01:01 PM
di wrote:
> The anodized color is a dye, it won't hold up long when exposed to the
> elements, it will eventually fade.

Not if you get it anodised with the correct UV proof dyes, ive got a
selection of red anodised bits on it at the moment and half of them
(the cheap ones suprise suprise) have faded to pink but the rest are as
red as ever :)

> Anodize is a surface treatment and
> surface hardening process.

I know, i was considering doing the work myself and building my own
tank for it but it'll cost more in the end and i cant guarantee a
decent finish so i thought I'd send it away to be done. Anodising is
the perfect surface finish for an MTB as they get scratched to hell and
stone chipped, anodising is more resiliant than paints.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home