PDA

View Full Version : Scary new seat

September 14th 05, 03:52 PM
Likely intended for the GRS set, but noticed this in Chipps
cyclingnews.com roundup from Eurobike. It looks like some sort of
weapon from the old Star Trek.

"Selle Italia Thoork
Selle Italia had this 'Thoork' saddle on a fast rotating dais,
presumably to stop everyone photographing it. From what we can gather,
it's a 110g saddle that doesn't resort to bare carbon in the rails or
seat padding."
Here's the pic:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/eurobike05/?id=eurobike057/IMG_1751Eurobike2005

Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?

/s

Bill Sornson
September 14th 05, 04:42 PM
wrote:
> Likely intended for the GRS set, but noticed this in Chipps
> cyclingnews.com roundup from Eurobike. It looks like some sort of
> weapon from the old Star Trek.
>
> "Selle Italia Thoork
> Selle Italia had this 'Thoork' saddle on a fast rotating dais,
> presumably to stop everyone photographing it. From what we can gather,
> it's a 110g saddle that doesn't resort to bare carbon in the rails or
> seat padding."
> Here's the pic:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/eurobike05/?id=eurobike057/IMG_1751Eurobike2005
>

> Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?

Thoork is a scientific (medical) term for "severely bruised prostate".

HTH, Pucker Bill

JD
September 14th 05, 04:45 PM
wrote:
> Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?

It rhymes with dork, so that would probably be those who would purchase
such an abomination.

JD

Jimbo(san)
September 14th 05, 05:29 PM
said
Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?>

My guess judging the color is that is the sound it makes when you pull
it out your ass when getting out of the saddle

--
Jimbo(san)

Stanley Barthfarkle
September 14th 05, 05:57 PM
That there's a fart-proof seat....

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Likely intended for the GRS set, but noticed this in Chipps
> cyclingnews.com roundup from Eurobike. It looks like some sort of
> weapon from the old Star Trek.
>
> "Selle Italia Thoork
> Selle Italia had this 'Thoork' saddle on a fast rotating dais,
> presumably to stop everyone photographing it. From what we can gather,
> it's a 110g saddle that doesn't resort to bare carbon in the rails or
> seat padding."
> Here's the pic:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/eurobike05/?id=eurobike057/IMG_1751Eurobike2005
>

> Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?
>
> /s

Charles B. Summers, QOF.
September 14th 05, 07:22 PM
OUCH!

Phil, Squid-in-Training
September 15th 05, 04:55 AM
> "Selle Italia Thoork
> Selle Italia had this 'Thoork' saddle on a fast rotating dais,
> presumably to stop everyone photographing it. From what we can gather,
> it's a 110g saddle that doesn't resort to bare carbon in the rails or
> seat padding."
> Here's the pic:

My roommate said that the saddle should read "Insert asshole here" instead
of "Thoork."

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Shaun aRe
September 15th 05, 11:50 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Likely intended for the GRS set, but noticed this in Chipps
> cyclingnews.com roundup from Eurobike. It looks like some sort of
> weapon from the old Star Trek.
>
> "Selle Italia Thoork
> Selle Italia had this 'Thoork' saddle on a fast rotating dais,
> presumably to stop everyone photographing it. From what we can gather,
> it's a 110g saddle that doesn't resort to bare carbon in the rails or
> seat padding."
> Here's the pic:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/eurobike05/?id=eurobike057
/IMG_1751Eurobike2005

> Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?

No idea, but what a cool concept for the g/roadies - they can shave their
damned legs with it too!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

JD
September 15th 05, 04:21 PM
Jimbo (san) wrote:
> said
> Anybody care to venture a guess on where the name "Thoork" came from?>
>
> My guess judging the color is that is the sound it makes when you pull
> it out your ass when getting out of the saddle
>

> --
> Jimbo(san)

I vote this as the funniest answer possible. Well done, Jim!

JD

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home