PDA

View Full Version : RR: Pulled the beast back out

MTBlood
September 24th 05, 08:56 PM
I blew the rear shock on my AC2 this last spring. My bull**** LBS sent it
away to have it re-built and it took 3 months to get it back. I'm kind of
glad he did now. It was done my hippy tech suspension and it works better
than new. Anyway I bought an i-drive in the meantime so I could still ride.
I had ridden it all summer and am fairly impressed by it's performance.
Today I decided to give the AC2 some trail time and am I glad I did. I
forgot how well this bike rides. It was like it was on rails. It took me
about 30 minutes to get used to the geometry of it again, but man when I did
I started having fun. I have a fairly technical single track that I love to
ride and it took everything like I was riding a sidewalk.

I came upon a deer at one point. I stopped and observed. I figured she'd run
away as soon as she figured out what I was. She didn't, she sat about 20
feet away staring and occasionally waged her tail. Then a bit further down
the trail I ran into a snapping turtle. He surprised me. I had lost traction
climbing a hill on a root and decided to push the bike until it became flat.
I walked right up on him. He was as surprised as I was and just stared me
down.

I pushed on and discovered some newly built trail bridges that went over
some nasty creek crossing spots. It was a nice discovery. I always hated
crossing those creeks.

I eventually ran upon some kids where one little boys sister had taken a
nasty spill. They were limping here back to the campsite. I'm almost
convinced that we should make some type of rule out there thats kids on kid
bikes shouldn't ride those trails. My own son had a beautiful wreck last
summer out there when we were camping. His whole right side was bruised for
a few weeks from that one.

All and all it was a good day to ride...glad I decided to go out.

Ride-A-Lot
September 24th 05, 09:02 PM
MTBlood wrote:
> I blew the rear shock on my AC2 this last spring. My bull**** LBS sent it
> away to have it re-built and it took 3 months to get it back. I'm kind of
> glad he did now. It was done my hippy tech suspension and it works better
> than new. Anyway I bought an i-drive in the meantime so I could still ride.
> I had ridden it all summer and am fairly impressed by it's performance.
> Today I decided to give the AC2 some trail time and am I glad I did. I
> forgot how well this bike rides. It was like it was on rails. It took me
> about 30 minutes to get used to the geometry of it again, but man when I did
> I started having fun. I have a fairly technical single track that I love to
> ride and it took everything like I was riding a sidewalk.
>
> I came upon a deer at one point. I stopped and observed. I figured she'd run
> away as soon as she figured out what I was. She didn't, she sat about 20
> feet away staring and occasionally waged her tail. Then a bit further down
> the trail I ran into a snapping turtle. He surprised me. I had lost traction
> climbing a hill on a root and decided to push the bike until it became flat.
> I walked right up on him. He was as surprised as I was and just stared me
> down.
>
> I pushed on and discovered some newly built trail bridges that went over
> some nasty creek crossing spots. It was a nice discovery. I always hated
> crossing those creeks.
>
> I eventually ran upon some kids where one little boys sister had taken a
> nasty spill. They were limping here back to the campsite. I'm almost
> convinced that we should make some type of rule out there thats kids on kid
> bikes shouldn't ride those trails. My own son had a beautiful wreck last
> summer out there when we were camping. His whole right side was bruised for
> a few weeks from that one.
>
> All and all it was a good day to ride...glad I decided to go out.

Where? It's a nice report, but where did you ride?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MTBlood
September 24th 05, 09:09 PM
> Where? It's a nice report, but where did you ride?

It's a small place in southern Indiana called Muscatatuck.

Slack
September 24th 05, 09:41 PM
MTBlood wrote:

>>Where? It's a nice report, but where did you ride?
>

> It's a small place in southern Indiana called Muscatatuck.

<all of amb shrieks in unison>

"Indiana, aint no mountains in Indiana!"

--
Slack

Ride-A-Lot
September 24th 05, 10:07 PM
Slack wrote:
> MTBlood wrote:
>
>>> Where? It's a nice report, but where did you ride?
>>

>> It's a small place in southern Indiana called Muscatatuck.
>>
> <all of amb shrieks in unison>
>
> "Indiana, aint no mountains in Indiana!"
>
> --
> Slack

Ain't no mountains here, either. Besides, it's got an indian name.
There's always good biking in places with indian names ;).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MTBlood
September 24th 05, 11:30 PM
> "Indiana, aint no mountains in Indiana!"

Yeah you're right. It's not as flat as you'd think where I am...

NotaKnob
September 25th 05, 12:34 AM
Hey Mike,

MTBlood wrote:
> I blew the rear shock on my AC2 this last spring. My bull**** LBS sent it
> away to have it re-built and it took 3 months to get it back. I'm kind of
> glad he did now. It was done my hippy tech suspension and it works better
> than new. Anyway I bought an i-drive in the meantime so I could still ride.
> I had ridden it all summer and am fairly impressed by it's performance.
> Today I decided to give the AC2 some trail time and am I glad I did. I
> forgot how well this bike rides. It was like it was on rails. It took me
> about 30 minutes to get used to the geometry of it again, but man when I did
> I started having fun. I have a fairly technical single track that I love to
> ride and it took everything like I was riding a sidewalk.
>
> I came upon a deer at one point. I stopped and observed. I figured she'd run
> away as soon as she figured out what I was. She didn't, she sat about 20
> feet away staring and occasionally waged her tail. Then a bit further down
> the trail I ran into a snapping turtle. He surprised me. I had lost traction
> climbing a hill on a root and decided to push the bike until it became flat.
> I walked right up on him. He was as surprised as I was and just stared me
> down.
>
> I pushed on and discovered some newly built trail bridges that went over
> some nasty creek crossing spots. It was a nice discovery. I always hated
> crossing those creeks.
>
> I eventually ran upon some kids where one little boys sister had taken a
> nasty spill. They were limping here back to the campsite. I'm almost
> convinced that we should make some type of rule out there thats kids on kid
> bikes shouldn't ride those trails. My own son had a beautiful wreck last
> summer out there when we were camping. His whole right side was bruised for
> a few weeks from that one.
>
> All and all it was a good day to ride...glad I decided to go out.

Hey Mike, made it back to CONUS in June.

Am living in sunny Albuquerqe NM. I hear there are some decent trails
in the area, but have been busting my ass getting relocated and moved
into a house.

Sounds like you're doing ok.

Later,

Bruce

little earthquakes
September 25th 05, 07:09 AM
"Slack" > wrote in message
> MTBlood wrote:
>
> >>Where? It's a nice report, but where did you ride?
> >

> > It's a small place in southern Indiana called Muscatatuck.
> >

> <all of amb shrieks in unison>
>
> "Indiana, aint no mountains in Indiana!"

so he could not have possibly had fun, no?

Bill Wheeler
September 25th 05, 04:35 PM
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:56:07 -0500, "MTBlood"
> wrote:

>I blew the rear shock on my AC2 this last spring. My bull**** LBS sent it
>away to have it re-built and it took 3 months to get it back. I'm kind of
>glad he did now. It was done my hippy tech suspension and it works better
>than new. Anyway I bought an i-drive in the meantime so I could still ride.
>I had ridden it all summer and am fairly impressed by it's performance.
>Today I decided to give the AC2 some trail time and am I glad I did. I
>forgot how well this bike rides. It was like it was on rails. It took me
>about 30 minutes to get used to the geometry of it again, but man when I did
>I started having fun. I have a fairly technical single track that I love to
>ride and it took everything like I was riding a sidewalk.
>
>I came upon a deer at one point. I stopped and observed. I figured she'd run
>away as soon as she figured out what I was. She didn't, she sat about 20
>feet away staring and occasionally waged her tail. Then a bit further down
>the trail I ran into a snapping turtle. He surprised me. I had lost traction
>climbing a hill on a root and decided to push the bike until it became flat.
>I walked right up on him. He was as surprised as I was and just stared me
>down.
>
>I pushed on and discovered some newly built trail bridges that went over
>some nasty creek crossing spots. It was a nice discovery. I always hated
>crossing those creeks.
>
>I eventually ran upon some kids where one little boys sister had taken a
>nasty spill. They were limping here back to the campsite. I'm almost
>convinced that we should make some type of rule out there thats kids on kid
>bikes shouldn't ride those trails. My own son had a beautiful wreck last
>summer out there when we were camping. His whole right side was bruised for
>a few weeks from that one.
>
>All and all it was a good day to ride...glad I decided to go out.

nice,
bill
The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
Sir Isaac Newton

TJ
September 27th 05, 04:13 AM
"little earthquakes" > wrote in message

>> > It's a small place in southern Indiana called Muscatatuck.
>> >

>> <all of amb shrieks in unison>
>>
>> "Indiana, aint no mountains in Indiana!"
>>
> so he could not have possibly had fun, no?

There aint no way he could have had fun on a bicycle. It just does not make
sense.

TJ

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home