PDA

View Full Version : RR: Golden Apple Century

Carla A-G
September 27th 05, 03:35 PM
We did the Golden Apple Century this past weekend in Westchester County.
That is one of the centuries that we usually try to ride every year. Its a
beautiful ride through country roads and hidden roads that are gorgeous. It
is quite hilly and full of fast rollers. There were the usual suspects of
very fast (wanna be Lance's) GRS's and very slow Barney's on mtb's (it would
take forever to complete a century on a Huffy). It was effing fun.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Craig Brossman
September 27th 05, 04:25 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> We did the Golden Apple Century this past weekend in Westchester County.
> That is one of the centuries that we usually try to ride every year. Its a
> beautiful ride through country roads and hidden roads that are gorgeous. It
> is quite hilly and full of fast rollers. There were the usual suspects of
> very fast (wanna be Lance's) GRS's and very slow Barney's on mtb's (it would
> take forever to complete a century on a Huffy). It was effing fun.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

100 road miles and the right attitude can be a lot of fun. My wife and I
are riding some Tuscon century in a few months.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

September 27th 05, 06:51 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> We did the Golden Apple Century this past weekend in Westchester County.
> That is one of the centuries that we usually try to ride every year. Its a
> beautiful ride through country roads and hidden roads that are gorgeous. It
> is quite hilly and full of fast rollers. There were the usual suspects of
> very fast (wanna be Lance's) GRS's and very slow Barney's on mtb's (it would
> take forever to complete a century on a Huffy). It was effing fun.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Kewl! Maybe next year. How hilly is it?

/s

Carla A-G
September 27th 05, 09:39 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Carla A-G wrote:
> > We did the Golden Apple Century this past weekend in Westchester County.
> > That is one of the centuries that we usually try to ride every year. Its
> > beautiful ride through country roads and hidden roads that are gorgeous.
It
> > is quite hilly and full of fast rollers. There were the usual suspects
of
> > very fast (wanna be Lance's) GRS's and very slow Barney's on mtb's (it
would
> > take forever to complete a century on a Huffy). It was effing fun.
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
> Kewl! Maybe next year. How hilly is it?
>
> /s

Very hilly. Jim wanted to attempt it with his fixie and I told him that
would be rather insane to try doing that. I think he might attempt it next
year with the fixie...which I still think is crazy.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home