PDA

View Full Version : uh oh, now I went a done it

GeeDubb
September 27th 05, 09:12 PM
I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
'06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks (or
months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.

I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.

I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.

Gary (the adventure begins)

Paladin
September 27th 05, 09:33 PM
"GeeDubb" > wrote in message
>I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
>'06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
>(or months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
>Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
>would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
>that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>
> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>
> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>
> Gary (the adventure begins)

You wild man. You're gonna love it! Happy for you. You're practically
the right age and temparement to try being a retro-fart, no frills-allowed
luddite like me. When I see you this winter, do I bring the SS, or the
sharp, mystery bike???

CDB
boy do I owe you a beer...

Ride-A-Lot
September 27th 05, 09:36 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks (or
> months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>
> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>
> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>
> Gary (the adventure begins)

Woo hoo! Welcome to the dark side!

Ya gonna bring that to Meadow Mountain like the other crazy fool on the
redline we met?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Carla A-G
September 27th 05, 09:42 PM
"GeeDubb" > wrote in message
> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
(or
> months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>
> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>
> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>
> Gary (the adventure begins)

Rock On! I guarantee it will become the bike that you will ride the most...

- CA-G
....gone SS'ing

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

GeeDubb
September 27th 05, 09:48 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
>> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
>> (or months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
>> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
>> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
>> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>>
>> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>>
>> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>>
>> Gary (the adventure begins)
>>

> Woo hoo! Welcome to the dark side!
>
> Ya gonna bring that to Meadow Mountain like the other crazy fool on the
> redline we met?

frankly, no!
well, not right away.

Gary

GeeDubb
September 27th 05, 09:52 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> "GeeDubb" > wrote in message
>> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
>> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
> (or
>> months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
>> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
>> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
>> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>>
>> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>>
>> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>>
>> Gary (the adventure begins)
>
> Rock On! I guarantee it will become the bike that you will ride the
> most...
>
> - CA-G
> ...gone SS'ing
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Maybe but I can't see myself spinning that fast on road rides when going for
the morning coffee ride. I may have to get a 1x1 for those rides. ;-)
I'm usually big ring in front 7 or 8 on the back (speaking mtb gears here)
Plus I don't have the built in suspension that some people have.
Only time will tell
Gary

MattB
September 27th 05, 11:31 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks (or
> months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>
> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>
> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>
> Gary (the adventure begins)

Freak!

Matt

GeeDubb
September 27th 05, 11:59 PM
"MattB" > wrote in message
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
>> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
>> (or months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
>> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
>> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
>> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>>
>> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>>
>> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>>
>> Gary (the adventure begins)
>>

> Freak!
>
> Matt

and to think I might take this bike to LA over Thanksgiving and ride with
the big freak....

uh oh......

Hope my knees can handle it.

Gary

MattB
September 28th 05, 12:02 AM
GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" > wrote in message
>
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>>> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed
>>> the '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a
>>> few weeks (or months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970.
>>> He told me that Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just
>>> slightly more than it would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't
>>> think about it much after that. I took the bike for a spin while
>>> waiting.
>>>
>>> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>>>
>>> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>>>
>>> Gary (the adventure begins)
>>>

>> Freak!
>>
>> Matt
>

> and to think I might take this bike to LA over Thanksgiving and ride
> with the big freak....
>
> uh oh......
>
> Hope my knees can handle it.
>
> Gary

Get some base Miles in first!

Slack
September 28th 05, 05:53 AM
Paladin wrote:
> "GeeDubb" > wrote in message
>
>>I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
>>'06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
>>(or months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
>>Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
>>would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
>>that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
>>
>>I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
>>
>>I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
>>
>>Gary (the adventure begins)
>>

> You're practically the right age and temparement to try being a retro-fart, no frills-allowed
> luddite like me.
>
> CDB

Fortunately, I'm that *old,* yet :-D

--
Slack

JD
September 28th 05, 03:48 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> "MattB" > wrote in message
> > GeeDubb wrote:
> >> I was having a bike packaged up for Paladin at a lbs when I eyeballed the
> >> '06 Redline hanging on the wall. The owner and I had spoken a few weeks
> >> (or months?) back about single speeding my old Trek 970. He told me that
> >> Redline had a nice ss for about $450 which is just slightly more than it
> >> would have cost to convert my 970 and I didn't think about it much after
> >> that. I took the bike for a spin while waiting.
> >>
> >> I walked out of the store with two bikes, one for Paladin, one for me.
> >>
> >> I'm the hesitantly proud new owner of a Redline Monocog ss.
> >>
> >> Gary (the adventure begins)
> >>

> > Freak!
> >
> > Matt
>
> and to think I might take this bike to LA over Thanksgiving and ride with
> the big freak....
>
> uh oh......
>
> Hope my knees can handle it.
>
> Gary

Sounds like a good time to ride Black Star to the Motorway. Of course
we'll need to get Greg over to OC for that as well. As far as what
bikes to ride, we could SS and let Greg ride his drop-bar Bonty, or we
could ride our more piggish bikes and have more fun on the ST descent.

JD

G.T.
September 28th 05, 07:56 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Sounds like a good time to ride Black Star to the Motorway. Of course
> we'll need to get Greg over to OC for that as well. As far as what
> bikes to ride, we could SS and let Greg ride his drop-bar Bonty,

You mean the soon to be SS drop-bar Bonty?

hahahah

Greg

JD
September 29th 05, 04:10 PM
G.T. wrote:
> "JD" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >

> > Sounds like a good time to ride Black Star to the Motorway. Of course
> > we'll need to get Greg over to OC for that as well. As far as what
> > bikes to ride, we could SS and let Greg ride his drop-bar Bonty,
>
> You mean the soon to be SS drop-bar Bonty?
>
> hahahah
>
> Greg

I'll believe it when I see it has only one cog.

BTW, did you find a solution to your storage dilemma? Where I'm at
now, a small shed would be perfect to store all nine of my bicycles and
I have ample room for a shed.

JD

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home