PDA

View Full Version : Pugsley

September 28th 05, 01:44 PM
I guess they're gonna see production....
Okay, who's going to be the first?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127

/s

Ride-A-Lot
September 28th 05, 01:55 PM
wrote:
> I guess they're gonna see production....
> Okay, who's going to be the first?
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127
>
> /s

Holy crap that thing has a lot of ground clearance. I would change the
name to Fugly, cause it is.

BTW, I'll take one. I can't move any slower than I already do on that
abomination.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot
September 28th 05, 02:06 PM
wrote:
> I guess they're gonna see production....
> Okay, who's going to be the first?
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127
>
> /s

Better yet, I'll take one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/bo8q9

Sure is purdy!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Charles B. Summers, HOF.
September 28th 05, 02:39 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message

> Better yet, I'll take one of these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bo8q9
>
> Sure is purdy!

Yeah... that's the one that I like!

MattB
September 28th 05, 03:39 PM
wrote:
> I guess they're gonna see production....
> Okay, who's going to be the first?
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127
>
> /s

Seems perfect for John G, except he doesn't live near much snow anymore.
I'd rather ski if conditions are snowy.

Matt

Jimbo(san)
September 28th 05, 03:45 PM

I guess they're gonna see production....
Okay, who's going to be the first?

http://tinyurl.com/8cly4

/s>

Nice!!!
I bet it would make a good snow bike

I Liked the caption:
Surly's Pugsly, which comes equipped with 4" tires, got a lot of
attention from riders. "Someone would take the bike out and two people
would follow them back to the booth," said Surly product manager Nick
Sande.

--
Jimbo(san)

Parbs
September 28th 05, 11:11 PM
> wrote in message ...
> I guess they're gonna see production....

They've been in production for a while

Not just for snow. Have look at this one, set up for a ride along the Canning Stock Route in Western Australia (which is tough
enough in a 4wd)

http://www.wildworks.co.nz/csr/photographs.php?i=final1.jpg

Parbs

Charles B. Summers, HOF.
September 29th 05, 12:25 AM
Nice... but the twist shifters have got to go.

"Parbs" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message ...
>> I guess they're gonna see production....
>
> They've been in production for a while
>
> Not just for snow. Have look at this one, set up for a ride along the
> Canning Stock Route in Western Australia (which is tough
> enough in a 4wd)
>
> http://www.wildworks.co.nz/csr/photographs.php?i=final1.jpg
>
> Parbs

JohnH
September 29th 05, 04:55 AM
> I Liked the caption:
> Surly's Pugsly, which comes equipped with 4" tires, got a lot of
> attention from riders. "Someone would take the bike out and two people
> would follow them back to the booth," said Surly product manager Nick
> Sande.

Probably to retrieve their children caught up in the tread.

TM
September 29th 05, 02:17 PM
"Parbs" > wrote in message

>set up for a ride along the Canning Stock Route in Western >Australia
>(which is tough
> enough in a 4wd)

Is the spare tire simply dragged behind the entire time?

Charles B. Summers, HOF.
September 29th 05, 02:36 PM
"TM" > wrote in message

> Is the spare tire simply dragged behind the entire time?

Sure looks that way in the photo doesn't it. It's actually a trailer.

TM
September 29th 05, 02:36 PM
Ah, figured it out.

www.extrawheel.com

JD
September 29th 05, 04:13 PM
That thing is old news.

JD so last year

Shaun aRe
September 29th 05, 04:30 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> wrote:
> > I guess they're gonna see production....
> > Okay, who's going to be the first?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike0
52/DSCN0127

> > /s
> >

> Holy crap that thing has a lot of ground clearance. I would change the
> name to Fugly, cause it is.

Why is it ugly? WTF is WRONG with fat tyres?!?

|:-|

Shaun aRe

September 29th 05, 05:06 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> wrote:
> > I guess they're gonna see production....
> > Okay, who's going to be the first?
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127
> >
> > /s
> >

> Better yet, I'll take one of these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bo8q9
>
> Sure is purdy!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

I don't know if I'd call the Pugsly "Ugly", but I do crack a smile when
I look at the pic. The purple paint adds to the smirkiness for some
reason. That thing looks like some dumb fun.
I can't say I'm as fond of the new Moots ends. I never thought I'd say
this about a Moots, but it's a little choppy looking. I'm sure it works
great (esp w/discs) but my inner Mr. Blackwell finds it more
interesting than beautiful.
/s

G.T.
September 29th 05, 09:26 PM
"Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
eenews.net...

> "Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> > wrote:
> > > I guess they're gonna see production....
> > > Okay, who's going to be the first?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike0
> 52/DSCN0127
> > >
> > > /s
> > >

> > Holy crap that thing has a lot of ground clearance. I would change the
> > name to Fugly, cause it is.
>
> Why is it ugly? WTF is WRONG with fat tyres?!?

Well, there is fat and then there is obese. I find that they ruin the
classical aesthetics of a 2.4" tire on a 26" rim.

Greg

Phil, Squid-in-Training
September 29th 05, 11:50 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > I guess they're gonna see production....
>> > Okay, who's going to be the first?
>> >
>> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127
>> >
>> > /s
>> >

>> Better yet, I'll take one of these:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/bo8q9
>>
>> Sure is purdy!
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
>> www.schnauzers.ws
>
> I don't know if I'd call the Pugsly "Ugly", but I do crack a smile when
> I look at the pic. The purple paint adds to the smirkiness for some
> reason. That thing looks like some dumb fun.
> I can't say I'm as fond of the new Moots ends. I never thought I'd say
> this about a Moots, but it's a little choppy looking.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Slack
September 30th 05, 12:12 AM
G.T. wrote:
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
> eenews.net...
>

>>Why is it ugly? WTF is WRONG with fat tyres?!?
>>

> Well, there is fat and then there is obese.
>
> Greg

Hey, I resemble thaat remark!

--
Slack

Shaun aRe
September 30th 05, 12:42 PM
"G.T." > wrote in message

> "Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
> eenews.net...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike0
> > 52/DSCN0127

> > > Holy crap that thing has a lot of ground clearance. I would change
the
> > > name to Fugly, cause it is.
> >
> > Why is it ugly? WTF is WRONG with fat tyres?!?
> >

> Well, there is fat and then there is obese. I find that they ruin the
> classical aesthetics of a 2.4" tire on a 26" rim.
>
> Greg

That's just plainly and simply plain and simple prejudice. You can go to
hell for prejudice you know.

Shaun aRe

Bill Sornson
September 30th 05, 04:25 PM
Shaun aRe wrote:

> You can go to hell for prejudice you know.

I hate people who think that.

{pause}

D'oh!

GeeDubb
October 1st 05, 10:00 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>> I guess they're gonna see production....
>> Okay, who's going to be the first?
>>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tech/shows/interbike05/?id=interbike052/DSCN0127
>>
>> /s
>>

> Better yet, I'll take one of these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bo8q9
>
> Sure is purdy!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

What's that thing on the front? Looks like suspension or
something..........

Gary

October 2nd 05, 03:36 PM
Flat tire really

Shaun aRe
October 5th 05, 03:51 PM
"Bill Sornson" > wrote in message
> Shaun aRe wrote:
>
> > You can go to hell for prejudice you know.
>
> I hate people who think that.
>
> {pause}
>
> D'oh!

Making bread again? ',;~}~