PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Disk

Henrik Palshøj
October 2nd 05, 10:02 AM
HI

I'm new so pleas have patient with me.

I've got a Trek 6500 with Hydraulic Disk breaks, they are beginning to make
a metallic noise not when breaking, I cant se anything wrong, I've cleaned
the breaks with lot of running water, can anyone give me a tip, it comes and
go. I use the bike daily, mostly road. What is the easiest way to keep them
clean?

Henrik

Mitch Pollard
October 3rd 05, 03:49 AM
"Henrik Palshøj" > wrote in message
k...
> HI
>

> I'm new so pleas have patient with me.
>

> I've got a Trek 6500 with Hydraulic Disk breaks, they are beginning to
> make a metallic noise not when breaking, I cant se anything wrong, I've
> cleaned the breaks with lot of running water, can anyone give me a tip, it
> comes and go. I use the bike daily, mostly road. What is the easiest way
> to keep them clean?
>

> Henrik

sounds like the pads rubbing,. something contaminating the pad. makes a
'scraping' sort of sound ?

Coyoteboy
October 3rd 05, 08:45 AM
Ive never had to clean discs in my many years running them in mud.
Check their alingment once youve cleaned any excess away, either you
have a freak-stone stuck in them or the rotor has been knocked and is
catching the pads.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home