PDA

View Full Version : Got my bike back

JP
October 3rd 05, 06:44 PM
Got the I-horse Hollowpoint back from Frenchies last week
with the new frame. The appearance was a bit of a shock
since the new frame is white and the original was grey.
The frame looks pretty much the same, some minor changes
in the bracket shape for the SPV.
What surprised me was that the handling seems improved.
I've had it out twice and my avg speed seems to have increased
by 1-2 mph overall on the same trails. Same tires and components
but it feels grippier on the turns. Guess I can live with that.

October 3rd 05, 07:09 PM
You maybe right. White maybe right too.

Carla A-G
October 3rd 05, 07:20 PM
"JP" > wrote in message
> Got the I-horse Hollowpoint back from Frenchies last week
> with the new frame. The appearance was a bit of a shock
> since the new frame is white and the original was grey.
> The frame looks pretty much the same, some minor changes
> in the bracket shape for the SPV.
> What surprised me was that the handling seems improved.
> I've had it out twice and my avg speed seems to have increased
> by 1-2 mph overall on the same trails. Same tires and components
> but it feels grippier on the turns. Guess I can live with that.

Jim called Frenchies the other day looking for a rim that he needed to build
a rear wheel for his SS. The people there had no idea what he was talking
about...

Where did you ride?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

JP
October 4th 05, 02:55 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> "JP" > wrote in message
> > Got the I-horse Hollowpoint back from Frenchies last week
> > with the new frame. The appearance was a bit of a shock
> > since the new frame is white and the original was grey.
> > The frame looks pretty much the same, some minor changes
> > in the bracket shape for the SPV.
> > What surprised me was that the handling seems improved.
> > I've had it out twice and my avg speed seems to have increased
> > by 1-2 mph overall on the same trails. Same tires and components
> > but it feels grippier on the turns. Guess I can live with that.
>
> Jim called Frenchies the other day looking for a rim that he needed to
build
> a rear wheel for his SS. The people there had no idea what he was talking
> about...
>
> Where did you ride?
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I think Frenchies is competent, but not exceptional.
Two of the guys there seem real good, but their focus is
definitely on moving their inventory. Of course the place is so
huge and the location so prime that not to do so would be
suicidal. Got to check out Rocky Point LBS when I have the time
to cruise all the way out there, maybe during the rainy season when
I visit Calverton a lot.

But it was Cathedral again, once in last Thursday's dark and stormy
sprinkle(deserted)
and then again on sunny Sunday(crowded). The tires were underinflated the
first ride
but I pumped 'em up for the second and the bike still gave more of a sure
footed feeling.
Could be a subtle geometry change. I hardly think that two weeks off the
bike improved my
meager skills.

The high holy days have saddled me with one of the children and I'm not
feeling free enough
to take off for a few hours today. Hate it when the school system thwarts
my desires.

Do you wear a feather?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home