PDA

View Full Version : Trail lingo

Micheal Artindale
October 6th 05, 03:07 AM
I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all of the
lingo used.

Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....

Whats a switch back?

Any others?

Thanks,

Micheal

Corvus Corvax
October 6th 05, 03:32 AM
Micheal Artindale wrote:
> I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all of the
> lingo used.
>
> Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....
>
> Whats a switch back?
>
> Any others?

Look. You're doing this all wrong. You're supposed to come in here with
a huge chip on your shoulder and explain to everybody why we're all
elitist assholes, then eventually flame out and end up a pathetic
sniping lurker like FrightDog. Or, if you're truly one of the greats,
tell us all to go **** ourselves in a grand exit, then start posting
the next day like nothing had ever happened. Trying to joing the Army
is worth extra points, and getting rejected is worth even more.

Please try harder.

Anyway, to answer your question:

http://www.geoffslater.com/mtb/glossary.shtml
http://wdm.stanford.edu/people/steven/slang.html
http://www.wombats.org/glossary.html

CC

Corvus Corvax
October 6th 05, 03:32 AM
Micheal Artindale wrote:
> I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all of the
> lingo used.
>
> Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....
>
> Whats a switch back?
>
> Any others?

Look. You're doing this all wrong. You're supposed to come in here with
a huge chip on your shoulder and explain to everybody why we're all
elitist assholes, then eventually flame out and end up a pathetic
sniping lurker like FrightDog. Or, if you're truly one of the greats,
tell us all to go **** ourselves in a grand exit, then start posting
the next day like nothing had ever happened. Trying to joing the Army
is worth extra points, and getting rejected is worth even more.

Please try harder.

Anyway, to answer your question:

http://www.geoffslater.com/mtb/glossary.shtml
http://wdm.stanford.edu/people/steven/slang.html
http://www.wombats.org/glossary.html

CC

Micheal Artindale
October 6th 05, 03:55 AM
"Corvus Corvax" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Micheal Artindale wrote:
> > I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all of
the
> > lingo used.
> >
> > Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....
> >
> > Whats a switch back?
> >
> > Any others?
>

> Look. You're doing this all wrong. You're supposed to come in here with
> a huge chip on your shoulder and explain to everybody why we're all
> elitist assholes, then eventually flame out and end up a pathetic
> sniping lurker like FrightDog. Or, if you're truly one of the greats,
> tell us all to go **** ourselves in a grand exit, then start posting
> the next day like nothing had ever happened. Trying to joing the Army
> is worth extra points, and getting rejected is worth even more.

I have been posting here, and reading for over a year. There is only a
select few that annoy me, and since I put one on a kill file, it is much
nicer here.

> Please try harder.
>
> Anyway, to answer your question:
>
> http://www.geoffslater.com/mtb/glossary.shtml
> http://wdm.stanford.edu/people/steven/slang.html
> http://www.wombats.org/glossary.html
>
> CC

Phil, Squid-in-Training
October 6th 05, 04:31 AM
Micheal Artindale wrote:
> "Corvus Corvax" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Micheal Artindale wrote:
>>> I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all
>>> of the lingo used.
>>>
>>> Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....
>>>
>>> Whats a switch back?
>>>
>>> Any others?
>>

>> Look. You're doing this all wrong. You're supposed to come in here
>> with a huge chip on your shoulder and explain to everybody why we're
>> all elitist assholes, then eventually flame out and end up a pathetic
>> sniping lurker like FrightDog. Or, if you're truly one of the greats,
>> tell us all to go **** ourselves in a grand exit, then start posting
>> the next day like nothing had ever happened. Trying to joing the Army
>> is worth extra points, and getting rejected is worth even more.
>
> I have been posting here, and reading for over a year. There is only a
> select few that annoy me, and since I put one on a kill file, it is
> much nicer here.

Ehh... you're doing just fine.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Dave W
October 6th 05, 05:20 AM
"Corvus Corvax" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Micheal Artindale wrote:
>> I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all of the
>> lingo used.
>>
>> Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....
>>
>> Whats a switch back?
>>
>> Any others?
>

> Look. You're doing this all wrong. You're supposed to come in here with
> a huge chip on your shoulder and explain to everybody why we're all
> elitist assholes, then eventually flame out and end up a pathetic
> sniping lurker like FrightDog.

did I miss the meeting of the elitist asshole, cuz I don't recall giving a
****...

elitist prick..

Or, if you're truly one of the greats,
> tell us all to go **** ourselves in a grand exit, then start posting
> the next day like nothing had ever happened.

GO **** YOURSELF...

small change
October 6th 05, 02:42 PM
Micheal Artindale wrote:
>>> Whats a switch back?

a U or V shaped corner.

http://www.imba.com/tcc/2005/images/spokane_4.jpg

Jimbo(san)
October 6th 05, 05:02 PM

--
Jimbo(san)

MattB
October 6th 05, 06:38 PM
Dave W wrote:
> "Corvus Corvax" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Micheal Artindale wrote:
>>
>>>I have read some RRs and have noticed that I do not understand all of the
>>>lingo used.
>>>
>>>Is there a dictionary or a glossery that someone can point me to....
>>>
>>>Whats a switch back?
>>>
>>>Any others?
>>

>>Look. You're doing this all wrong. You're supposed to come in here with
>>a huge chip on your shoulder and explain to everybody why we're all
>>elitist assholes, then eventually flame out and end up a pathetic
>>sniping lurker like FrightDog.
>

> did I miss the meeting of the elitist asshole, cuz I don't recall giving a
> ****...
>
> elitist prick..
>
> Or, if you're truly one of the greats,
>
>>tell us all to go **** ourselves in a grand exit, then start posting
>>the next day like nothing had ever happened.
>

> GO **** YOURSELF...

There. That'll show him!

GWood
October 6th 05, 06:48 PM
"A tight turn located on a steep ascent or descent. Usually has a nasty
drop-off to distract you. Sometimes has ruts and a nasty rock garden either
prior, after, or in the middle of the turn."

.... and almost always ends up with a healthy coating of my skin or blood on
it...

Gary

October 11th 05, 03:05 AM
Why dont you try to be nice. You sound like one of the easterners so
dispised in the west. Probably a Bush supporter to boot.

Ride-A-Lot
October 11th 05, 03:13 AM
wrote:
> Why dont you try to be nice. You sound like one of the easterners so
> dispised in the west. Probably a Bush supporter to boot.

Troll. Go somewhere else.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Bill Sornson
October 11th 05, 03:19 AM
wrote:
> Why dont you try to be nice. You sound like one of the easterners so
> dispised in the west. Probably a Bush supporter to boot.

Who the hell are you addressing, Mensa?!?

Bill "dis pie's getting cold" S.

October 11th 05, 08:27 PM
Nice switchback.

Google