CycleBanter.com

-   -   15mm Road patches (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=227721)

Tom Lake May 15th 11 03:02 PM

15mm Road patches

I'm trying to find a source for 15mm tube patches. The only ones I
see in the US are 25mm.

I see a kit marketed in Australia called a "Thumbe Up Patch Kit"

http://www.getprice.com.au/thumbs-up...--45124351.htm

However, I don't see it available North of New Zealand. That looks
like a good deal! 128 patches in the box!!!

Has anybody seen that or a similar product in the US?

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] May 15th 11 03:18 PM

15mm Road patches

On 5/15/2011 9:02 AM, Tom Lake wrote:
I'm trying to find a source for 15mm tube patches. The only ones I
see in the US are 25mm.

I see a kit marketed in Australia called a "Thumbe Up Patch Kit"

http://www.getprice.com.au/thumbs-up...--45124351.htm

However, I don't see it available North of New Zealand. That looks
like a good deal! 128 patches in the box!!!

Has anybody seen that or a similar product in the US?

You could ride a bicycle with more sensibly wide tires instead.

Ha - beat Chalo to it! :)

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

landotter May 15th 11 04:10 PM

15mm Road patches

http://www.getprice.com.au/thumbs-up...m-for-road-gpn...

However, I don't see it available North of New Zealand. *That looks
like a good deal! *128 patches in the box!!!

Has anybody seen that or a similar product in the US?

I just cut the 25mm patches into fourths.

bfd[_2_] May 15th 11 04:50 PM

15mm Road patches

On May 15, 7:02*am, Tom Lake wrote:
I'm trying to find a source for 15mm tube patches. *The only ones I
see in the US are 25mm.

I see a kit marketed in Australia called a "Thumbe Up Patch Kit"

http://www.getprice.com.au/thumbs-up...m-for-road-gpn...

However, I don't see it available North of New Zealand. *That looks
like a good deal! *128 patches in the box!!!

Has anybody seen that or a similar product in the US?

Don't know about 15mm patches, but The Third Hand sells 16mm Rema
patches in a box of 100 for about $22:

http://www.thethirdhand.com/index.cg...id=38073826395

Good Luck!

SMS May 15th 11 05:02 PM

15mm Road patches

On 5/15/2011 7:02 AM, Tom Lake wrote:

snip

Has anybody seen that or a similar product in the US?

Rema makes 16mm patches, which might be close enough:
http://www.rematiptop.com/part.php?pid=1&cid=1&sid=1

Available at:
http://www.airbomb.com/ItemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=PG%2D3209&MatrixType=2&se lelement1=%B60BT

Select 16mm round from the drop-down menu. Note that the photo is not of
the 16mm patches, it's of the 50mm oval patches.

Tom Lake May 15th 11 05:07 PM

15mm Road patches

On Sun, 15 May 2011 16:58:59 +0200 (CEST), in rec.bicycles.tech Anne
Onime wrote:

REMA TIP TOP
F0
Ø 16mm
#5000012(red edge)
#5001011(black edge)

Thank you... I'll look for it.

Tom Lake May 15th 11 05:09 PM

15mm Road patches

On Sun, 15 May 2011 08:10:38 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech
landotter wrote:

I just cut the 25mm patches into fourths.

I have tried that; however, I had less than an astonishingly
successful experience.

Tom Lake May 15th 11 05:22 PM

15mm Road patches

On Sun, 15 May 2011 09:18:36 -0500, in rec.bicycles.tech Tºm Shermªn™
°_° " wrote:

You could ride a bicycle with more sensibly wide tires instead.

Ha - beat Chalo to it! :)

One size fits all... I like it!

Do you like being just like me, Tom? ... you know... normal?

OK, I'm *almost* normal, but I'm working on it!