CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help with history of "no-name" bike: Chimo Cobra, HKB (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=245980)

[email protected] December 22nd 14 12:46 PM

Help with history of "no-name" bike: Chimo Cobra, HKB

Hi! Curious, what where the dimensions of the seat post?

Having one of these chimos myself but without seat post unfortunately.

John B. Slocomb December 23rd 14 03:54 AM

Help with history of "no-name" bike: Chimo Cobra, HKB

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 04:46:41 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi! Curious, what where the dimensions of the seat post?

Having one of these chimos myself but without seat post unfortunately.

I never owned owned but it is likely a 27.2mm seat post.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Andrew Chaplin December 23rd 14 01:43 PM

Help with history of "no-name" bike: Chimo Cobra, HKB

wrote in news:eb0a987c-f13c-41ba-8c2e-05e33efce338
@googlegroups.com:

Hi! Curious, what where the dimensions of the seat post?

Having one of these chimos myself but without seat post unfortunately.

"Chimo!" is supposedly an Inuktitut equivalent of "Cheers!" The bicycle may
have been sold through a Canadian bicycle parts distributor, Norco. Norco
post sizes known to the encyclopaedic Sheldon Brown are listed he
http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes.html. They're a atarting point. I
would take measurements with a pair of inside calipers and a micrometer and
mean three dimensions taken at 90 and 30 degrees from the axis of the top
tube (which will give you a hexagon in the bore) and see what I get.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO