CycleBanter.com

-   -   Thieving cyclist gets caught and owned by car driver (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=243396)

MrCheerful January 29th 14 10:56 AM

Thieving cyclist gets caught and owned by car driver

I thought cyclists were super fit, one punch killers? So much for cycles
being the quick way to get through traffic as well, the car easily
caught the cyclist despite the cyclist using the pavement to try to escape.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Vancouve...009/story.html

Mentalguy2k8[_2_] January 29th 14 12:58 PM

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

I thought cyclists were super fit, one punch killers?

lol, more like malnourished cry-baby weaklings who show themselves up for
what they really are when they can't pedal fast enough to evade their
victims. Time and time again we see them done over (easily) by *adult male*
pedestrians and motorists, no wonder they usually pick on women, children
and the elderly.

Dave- Cyclists VORC January 29th 14 07:03 PM

On 29/01/2014 09:56, Mrcheerful wrote:
I thought cyclists were super fit, one punch killers? So much for cycles
being the quick way to get through traffic as well, the car easily
caught the cyclist despite the cyclist using the pavement to try to escape.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Vancouve...009/story.html

"Fincham said the driver and cyclist got in an argument over right of
way on the Dunsmuir bike lane and “allegedly the cyclist reached in to
the driver’s car and grabbed some personal belongings.”

So as well as being a sponging freeloader, the cyclist was also a thief.

He probably wouldn't have attempted that theft if cyclists were properly
regulated & easily identified.

I wonder if Mr Crispin has any comments to make?

I'd understand if he didn't.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow

Bertie Wooster[_2_] January 29th 14 07:14 PM

Thieving cyclist gets caught and owned by car driver

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:03:43 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC
wrote:

On 29/01/2014 09:56, Mrcheerful wrote:
I thought cyclists were super fit, one punch killers? So much for cycles
being the quick way to get through traffic as well, the car easily
caught the cyclist despite the cyclist using the pavement to try to escape.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Vancouve...009/story.html

"Fincham said the driver and cyclist got in an argument over right of
way on the Dunsmuir bike lane and “allegedly the cyclist reached in to
the driver’s car and grabbed some personal belongings.”

So as well as being a sponging freeloader, the cyclist was also a thief.

He probably wouldn't have attempted that theft if cyclists were properly
regulated & easily identified.

I wonder if Mr Crispin has any comments to make?

I'd understand if he didn't.

I think you mean, either:

I wonder if Mr Crispin *had* any comments to make?

I'd understand if he didn't.

or,

I wonder if Mr Crispin has any comments to make?

I'd understand it if he *doesn't*.

Colby January 29th 14 07:51 PM

Thieving cyclist gets caught and owned by car driver

wrote:

[...]

Is that the best that you can do in a cycling newsgroup?

Judith

jnugent January 29th 14 08:00 PM

wrote:

[...]

Actually, neither of you is completely right.

It should strictly run: "I wonder whether... ".

That's because "if" is not a synonym for "whether", even if it is
commonly misused as though it were.

[See how I used "if" correctly there?]

Bertie Wooster[_2_] January 29th 14 08:08 PM

Thieving cyclist gets caught and owned by car driver

wrote:

[...]

You are correct, but it's no good trying to teach Medwit to run before
he can walk.

Dave- Cyclists VORC January 29th 14 09:13 PM

wrote:

[...]

Another off topic post.

I suggest you try uk.rec.pedantic****

Dave- Cyclists VORC January 29th 14 09:16 PM

wrote:

[...]

Still no comment on cycling matters then?

The Medway Handyman[_4_] January 29th 14 09:18 PM

wrote:

[...]

Written by the halfwit who wrote;

"I can understand you reluctance to answer."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Now do try to concentrate. This is a cycling NG.