CycleBanter.com

-   -   Popularity contest (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=236236)

Mr Benn[_5_] April 25th 12 10:42 AM

Popularity contest

The thread that I started "Cyclists in Cambridge to be fined for jumping red
lights" has now received 743 replies - an obvious indication of how popular
I am.

Only joking.

Dave - Cyclists VOR April 25th 12 07:40 PM

Popularity contest

On 25/04/2012 10:42, Mr Benn wrote:
The thread that I started "Cyclists in Cambridge to be fined for jumping
red lights" has now received 743 replies - an obvious indication of how
popular I am.

Only joking.

I'm a great fan of your work.

University

Simon Mason April 25th 12 09:32 PM

Bicester Millennium and Silverstone GP Circuit to host UK's "biggest ever" team time trial

QUOTE:
Bicester Millennium Cycling Club from Oxfordshire has teamed up with the
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit in neighbouring Northamptonshire to host a
team time trial in August featuring 50 teams, which it believes may be the
largest event of its kind ever held in the UK.

The event, called the 9-Up Team Time Trial, will be held on the evening of
Friday 10 August and aims to raise money for Help for Heroes as well as
charities local to the Silverstone circuit, which is owned by the British
Racing Drivers' Club.

Some 40 teams, including professional and semi-pro teams and British
Cycling-affiliated clubs, as well as teams representing Formula 1 and MotoGP
outfits, have already responded to invitations to confirm that they will
take part.

The time trial will see the teams tackle three laps of the Grand Prix
Circuit for a total distance of 11 miles.

On the way, the teams will take on the likes of Stowe and Copse Corners and
the Hangar Straight made famous through the Grand Prix held at the venue
since the 1950s, although Fernando Alonso's lap record of 1:30.874 set two
years ago is unlikely to be troubled.

Bicester Millennium says that the decision to partner with Silverstone for
the event, which will be raced on road bikes in accordance with British
Cycling and UCI rules, was inspired by the success of the summer Team Time
Trials that the club, founded in 1999, has previously organised in the past
few years.

It adds that spectators are welcome to attend and that racing will start at
7pm with teams, which will be allocated pit lane garages for their race
preparation, departing at one-minute intervals.

http://road.cc/content/news/57148-bi...ever-team-time

--
Simon Mason

Squashme April 25th 12 10:34 PM

Popularity contest

http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1242388299.jpg

Peter Keller[_3_] April 26th 12 04:12 AM

Popularity contest

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:40:47 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 25/04/2012 10:42, Mr Benn wrote:
The thread that I started "Cyclists in Cambridge to be fined for
jumping red lights" has now received 743 replies - an obvious
indication of how popular I am.

Only joking.

I'm a great fan of your work.

So am I

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.

Simon Mason[_4_] April 26th 12 05:31 AM

Bicester Millennium and Silverstone GP Circuit to host UK's"biggest ever" team time trial

On Apr 25, 9:32*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

On the way, the teams will take on the likes of Stowe and Copse Corners and
the Hangar Straight made famous through the Grand Prix held at the venue
since the 1950s, although Fernando Alonso's lap record of 1:30.874 set two
years ago is unlikely to be troubled.

Oh I don't know - if a cyclist with a 62 x11 gear was motorpaced all
the way around he could have a decent stab at it.

--
Simon Mason

NM April 26th 12 09:25 AM

Bicester Millennium and Silverstone GP Circuit to host UK's"biggest ever" team time trial

On Apr 26, 5:31*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 25, 9:32*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

On the way, the teams will take on the likes of Stowe and Copse Corners and
the Hangar Straight made famous through the Grand Prix held at the venue
since the 1950s, although Fernando Alonso's lap record of 1:30.874 set two
years ago is unlikely to be troubled.

Oh I don't know - if a cyclist with a 62 x11 gear was motorpaced all
the way around he could have a decent stab at it.

--
Simon Mason

How? What would the pace vehicle be?

PhilO April 26th 12 10:50 AM

Popularity contest

On Apr 25, 7:40*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR

University

Dave,

You really should stop quoting that poor Dave Horton out of context.
All of his publications are very pro cycling. He says "I believe
cycling can be the most important and popular means of mobility on our
planet, accounting for well over half of all journeys in all
societies"

http://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpress.com/about/