CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USPS dropping Trek and Shimano! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=10327)

anonymous December 20th 03 01:40 AM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...southbank/D59A
5066

Steven L. Sheffield December 20th 03 02:15 AM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

On 12/19/2003 06:40 PM, in article
, "anonymous"
wrote:

Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...southbank/D59A
5066

Matt is changing teams (to Cofidis) for next year ... Could be he's already
returned his Trek to USPS and has received his new bike from Cofidis, but
still has to race in USPS colors until 1 January.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Jiyang Chen December 20th 03 02:17 AM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

That's unfortunate for Trek. Lance Armstrong is the main reason why Trek is
such a popular brand among recreational riders. W/out Lance they will lose
a big share of the business.

Glhudson1 December 20th 03 05:19 AM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

i think that is matt white's new cofidis team bike for the '04 year.

gary

Time Cop December 20th 03 08:56 AM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Where's the pics at this link?

Callistus Valerius December 20th 03 02:13 PM

trek 5200 for sale

My Trek 5200 is now for sale. Where do you buy Decathlon bikes?

chris December 20th 03 03:28 PM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

I would have to agree. There's no way trek would lose Armstrong this
late in the game; same goes for shimano, who hadn't won a tour before
Armstrong and just totally redesigned the their levers based on his
input. It just ain't going to happen. Trek also has a relationship
with the US postal service.

CH

Andre December 20th 03 10:47 PM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

The link word wrapped. You'll have to paste the portion that wrapped to the
next line.

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois
"Time Cop" wrote in message
r.com...
Where's the pics at this link?

Colin Campbell December 21st 03 03:17 AM

USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Time Cop wrote:

Where's the pics at this link?

--

The last 4 characters of the link were "broken", and appear on the next
line. You'll have to add them to see the picture.

Colin Campbell December 21st 03 03:41 AM

trek 5200 for sale

Callistus Valerius wrote:

My Trek 5200 is now for sale. Where do you buy Decathlon bikes?

En la Belle France, je croix.

Actually, you can Google on "Decathlon bicycles" can find that there is
a US marketing organization.

But, don't sell the Trek just yet. The worst I've heard about the Trek
- USPS relationship is that Trek will no longer put the USPS decal on
their bikes, because the Postal biggies want too much for each decal.
That's what my dealer told me last summer when I bought my 5200 (now
magically transformed to at least a 5600 by the application of my Record
gruppo, Mavic wheels, Michelin tires, Flite saddle, etc.).