CycleBanter.com

-   -   Thieving Hull cyclist caught with the aid of a passing motorist (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257451)

MrCheerful May 24th 19 08:26 AM

Thieving Hull cyclist caught with the aid of a passing motorist

thief Michael Leckenby, 38, thought he managed to evade the grasp of a
chasing officer as he pedalled frantically through Belgrave Drive, west
Hull, on a bicycle on Monday, May 20.
The officer had stepped out of his vehicle when he spotted the suspect
in Pickering Road and gave chase on foot as it was the quickest way to
follow him.
Just when it appeared as though the suspect had managed to get away, a
passing motorist picked up the officer in his car and managed to catch
up with the cyclist for the PC make the arrest.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...police-2900266

Simon Jester May 24th 19 02:22 PM

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:26:13 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
thief Michael Leckenby, 38, thought he managed to evade the grasp of a
chasing officer as he pedalled frantically through Belgrave Drive, west
Hull, on a bicycle on Monday, May 20.
The officer had stepped out of his vehicle when he spotted the suspect
in Pickering Road and gave chase on foot as it was the quickest way to
follow him.
Just when it appeared as though the suspect had managed to get away, a
passing motorist picked up the officer in his car and managed to catch
up with the cyclist for the PC make the arrest.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...police-2900266

And?
Is there some point you are failing to make?

Simon Jester May 24th 19 05:14 PM

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 3:21:10 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:26:13 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
thief Michael Leckenby, 38, thought he managed to evade the grasp of
a chasing officer as he pedalled frantically through Belgrave Drive,
west Hull, on a bicycle on Monday, May 20.
The officer had stepped out of his vehicle when he spotted the
suspect in Pickering Road and gave chase on foot as it was the
quickest way to follow him.
Just when it appeared as though the suspect had managed to get away,
a passing motorist picked up the officer in his car and managed to
catch up with the cyclist for the PC make the arrest.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...police-2900266

And?
Is there some point you are failing to make?

Nope.

Are you Mr Cheerful?

Mr Pounder Esquire May 24th 19 05:57 PM

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:26:13 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
thief Michael Leckenby, 38, thought he managed to evade the grasp
of a chasing officer as he pedalled frantically through Belgrave
Drive, west Hull, on a bicycle on Monday, May 20.
The officer had stepped out of his vehicle when he spotted the
suspect in Pickering Road and gave chase on foot as it was the
quickest way to follow him.
Just when it appeared as though the suspect had managed to get
away, a passing motorist picked up the officer in his car and
managed to catch up with the cyclist for the PC make the arrest.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...police-2900266

And?
Is there some point you are failing to make?

Nope.

Are you Mr Cheerful?

Nope, but I'm flattered by your question.

MrCheerful May 24th 19 06:01 PM

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:26:13 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
thief Michael Leckenby, 38, thought he managed to evade the grasp
of a chasing officer as he pedalled frantically through Belgrave
Drive, west Hull, on a bicycle on Monday, May 20.
The officer had stepped out of his vehicle when he spotted the
suspect in Pickering Road and gave chase on foot as it was the
quickest way to follow him.
Just when it appeared as though the suspect had managed to get
away, a passing motorist picked up the officer in his car and
managed to catch up with the cyclist for the PC make the arrest.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...police-2900266

And?
Is there some point you are failing to make?

Nope.

Are you Mr Cheerful?

Nope, but I'm flattered by your question.

Thank you.

I made my points quite clearly, perhaps someone was too dim to
understand them.

Mr Pounder Esquire May 24th 19 06:32 PM

wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Too dim?
Only a cyclist could be so dim.

Simon Jester May 24th 19 06:40 PM

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:26:13 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
thief Michael Leckenby, 38, thought he managed to evade the grasp
of a chasing officer as he pedalled frantically through Belgrave
Drive, west Hull, on a bicycle on Monday, May 20.
The officer had stepped out of his vehicle when he spotted the
suspect in Pickering Road and gave chase on foot as it was the
quickest way to follow him.
Just when it appeared as though the suspect had managed to get
away, a passing motorist picked up the officer in his car and
managed to catch up with the cyclist for the PC make the arrest.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...police-2900266

And?
Is there some point you are failing to make?

Nope.

Are you Mr Cheerful?

Nope,

Then why are you answering questions on her behalf?

Simon Jester May 24th 19 06:45 PM

wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Once again. Is it going to be a Chisel wedding for you two?

Simon Jester May 24th 19 10:45 PM

Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

You did not make any point.
All you did was cite an article.
In your sad, lonely world you think this means all cyclists are burglars.