CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Be wary of Actionbent! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=224274)

Agraphile January 5th 11 05:13 AM

Be wary of Actionbent!

Hello all,

I bought a recumbent bike from Actionbent in April. This ended up being a truly horrible experience. Right now, I'm out over $1700 with nothing to show for it. I’m posting my story here hoping that forum members/readers will think twice before buying a bike from Actionbent.

I had to return the bike due to some issues with the dynamics. It’s been over six months since the bike got back to Actionbent, but I have not actually received a refund yet. I've given the owners (Randy Schulman and Steve Walther) every opportunity to make good on this. I sent multiple emails asking about the status of the refund, but I only got two responses. In August, they promised to send a refund within 2-3 weeks. That didn’t happen. In October, they finally processed a payment … but the check bounced! I’ve heard nothing from Randy and Steve since that point and am in the process of getting a credit agency involved.

If you're considering buying from Actionbent, please think about supporting one of the many honest and decent recumbent distributors instead.

Best,
Agraphile

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] January 6th 11 12:00 AM

Be wary of Actionbent!

On 1/4/2011 11:13 PM, Agraphile wrote:
[...]

Keep an eye on bankruptcy filings.

--