CycleBanter.com

-   Rides (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ~~~ Better suited ? ~~~ (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=82994)

-Terry- February 15th 05 03:03 AM

~~~ Better suited ? ~~~

In perusing the other cycling site,
[ bicycling misc], i've found it to be a bit verbose. I think this one
to be better. Maybe tho, not looked at as much as the other. If you miss
a day there you have to tread thu a lot of nonsense. Does anyone know of
a site that answers to only cycling questions and ideas in a reasonable
way ????
Terry
trek 2120

Dennis P. Harris February 15th 05 06:21 AM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:03:15 -0500 in rec.bicycles.rides,
(-Terry-) wrote:

Does anyone know of
a site that answers to only cycling questions and ideas in a reasonable
way ????

on usenet? surely you jest! you have a hobson's choice he
you can have free and open discussion and enjoy the new ideas but
get a lot of annoying byproducts, or you can have a moderated
group with hardly any life which never has *anything* remotely
outside the very narrow scope of the topic. obviously, those of
us that are here have made a choice as to which we prefer.

most of us don't see the detritus because over the years we have
built up killfiles that block posts from most of the egregious
offenders or with topics that we don't want to see. if you have
a real computer instead of that crippled webtv device, usenet
works very well.

and it's a newsgroup, not a "site" or a "board".

Chuck Anderson February 15th 05 05:41 PM

-Terry- wrote:

In perusing the other cycling site,
[ bicycling misc], i've found it to be a bit verbose. I think this one
to be better. Maybe tho, not looked at as much as the other. If you miss
a day there you have to tread thu a lot of nonsense. Does anyone know of
a site that answers to only cycling questions and ideas in a reasonable
way ????
Terry
trek 2120

Some people swear by the phred groups (web based) - http://www.bikelist.org/

But I believe that this group "answers mostly cycling questions and
ideas in a reasonable
way." It only gets "verbose" (once a month or so) when the a certain
troll cross posts to several groups, including an auto group. Other than
that, this is a damn fine place to discuss riding and touring.

--
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO