CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257432)

Simon Mason[_6_] May 17th 19 02:28 PM

Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists

QUOTE:
"Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists with 5% ignoring traffic laws compared to 66% of motorists." END QUOTE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-finds.html

Mr Pounder Esquire May 17th 19 04:29 PM

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists with 5%
ignoring traffic laws compared to 66% of motorists." END QUOTE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-finds.html

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

Simon Jester May 17th 19 05:14 PM

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:29:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists with 5%
ignoring traffic laws compared to 66% of motorists." END QUOTE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-finds.html

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

In the UK it is more likely 99%+ of motorists break speed limits.

Mr Pounder Esquire May 17th 19 05:55 PM

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists with 5%
ignoring traffic laws compared to 66% of motorists." END QUOTE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-finds.html

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

In the UK it is more likely 99%+ of motorists break speed limits.

Simon Mason was referring to Denmark.
Did you miss that?

Simon Mason[_6_] May 17th 19 07:45 PM

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists with 5%
ignoring traffic laws compared to 66% of motorists." END QUOTE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-finds.html

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

It was decided years ago that we could discuss the Tour de France etc.
Do you have the urc charter to hand?

TMS320 May 17th 19 08:30 PM

On 17/05/2019 19:45, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:29:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

It was decided years ago that we could discuss the Tour de France etc.
Do you have the urc charter to hand?

If Cheerfull, Pounder and Nugent claim that gropers, kiddie fiddlers,
drug dealers or burglars are *cycling* during the course of these
activities you can have Denmark (or any other country).

Simon Jester May 17th 19 09:03 PM

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 8:30:54 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 17/05/2019 19:45, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:29:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

It was decided years ago that we could discuss the Tour de France etc.
Do you have the urc charter to hand?

If Cheerfull, Pounder and Nugent claim that gropers, kiddie fiddlers,
drug dealers or burglars are *cycling* during the course of these
activities you can have Denmark (or any other country).

I think you are being too generous. If a cyclist was within 50 000 000 miles of wrongdoing it was the fault of all cyclists everywhere. I use that figure because when mankind establishes a colony on Mars and something goes wrong Pounder will blame it on a cyclist.

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] May 17th 19 09:36 PM

Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists

On Fri, 17 May 2019 13:28:16 GMT, Simon Mason
wrote:

QUOTE:
"Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists with 5%
ignoring traffic laws compared to 66% of motorists." END QUOTE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...yclists-break-
fewer-rules-road-motorists-Danish-study-finds.html

Don't be distracted: It's not the rule-breaking, it's the potential for
serious injury or death to others that's important.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] May 17th 19 09:37 PM

Cyclists break fewer rules of the road than motorists

wrote:

Which part of the UK is Denmark?

It was decided years ago that we could discuss the Tour de France
etc. Do you have the urc charter to hand?

If Cheerfull, Pounder and Nugent claim that gropers, kiddie fiddlers,
drug dealers or burglars are *cycling* during the course of these
activities you can have Denmark (or any other country).

I think you are being too generous. If a cyclist was within 50 000 000
miles of wrongdoing it was the fault of all cyclists everywhere. I use
that figure because when mankind establishes a colony on Mars and
something goes wrong Pounder will blame it on a cyclist.

Reverse that; send Pounder to a place where he can feel safe.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.