CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257671)

MrCheerful July 9th 19 02:17 PM

Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

Simon Jester July 9th 19 02:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRCm8LJ8pbg

jnugent July 9th 19 04:11 PM

On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

Mr Pounder Esquire July 9th 19 06:27 PM

MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

Only a cyclist could be that stupid.
And we all know that cyclists are very stupid.

Simon Jester July 9th 19 09:18 PM

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.

jnugent July 9th 19 10:48 PM

On 09/07/2019 21:18, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.

Pedestrian zones on a motorway?

Are you quite right in the head?

[That was rhetorical. The answer has to be "No".]

Simon Jester July 9th 19 11:29 PM

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:48:40 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 21:18, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.

Pedestrian zones on a motorway?

Are you quite right in the head?

[That was rhetorical. The answer has to be "No".]

Define "Right in the head".

Remember this is The Real World not Nugentworld and your invisible friends can't vote.

jnugent July 10th 19 12:01 AM

On 09/07/2019 23:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:48:40 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 21:18, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.

Pedestrian zones on a motorway?

Are you quite right in the head?

[That was rhetorical. The answer has to be "No".]

Define "Right in the head".

Any reasonable way you like.

You aren't it.

Remember this is The Real World not Nugentworld and your invisible friends can't vote.

See what I mean?

Tell us more about these pedestrian zones on motorways.

We could do with a laugh.

Peter Keller[_3_] July 10th 19 09:30 AM

On 9. 7. 2019 19:27, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

Only a cyclist could be that stupid.
And we all know that cyclists are very stupid.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a very by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Simon Jester July 10th 19 03:15 PM

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 12:01:43 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 23:29, Simon Jester wrote:

Define "Right in the head".

Any reasonable way you like.

'People' 'born' in Liverpool are not right in the head.

You aren't it.

Correct, I am human.

Remember this is The Real World not Nugentworld and your invisible friends can't vote.

See what I mean?

Tell us more about these pedestrian zones on motorways.

You introduced them.

We could do with a laugh.

Exactly, we will all laugh at your attempt to deny your introduction of 'pedestrian zones on motorways' and the way you wriggle and squirm to avoid admitting you are wrong.