CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclist attacker found GUILTY of two attempted murders (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257738)

Simon Mason[_6_] July 17th 19 04:01 PM

Cyclist attacker found GUILTY of two attempted murders

"Used his car as a weapon".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murders.html

Simon Jester July 18th 19 01:18 AM

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 4:01:59 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
"Used his car as a weapon".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murders.html

"a group of cyclists who had stopped at a red light"
How is this possible? Cyclists NEVER stop at red lights, or so we are told.

Simon Mason[_6_] July 18th 19 09:31 AM

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 1:18:13 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 4:01:59 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
"Used his car as a weapon".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murders.html

"a group of cyclists who had stopped at a red light"
How is this possible? Cyclists NEVER stop at red lights, or so we are told.

Someone did a Cheerless style "proper survey" in London and found out that drivers passed through more lights at red/amber than cyclists did.

Peter Keller[_3_] July 18th 19 10:04 AM

On 18. 7. 2019 10:31, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 1:18:13 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 4:01:59 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
"Used his car as a weapon".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murders.html

"a group of cyclists who had stopped at a red light"
How is this possible? Cyclists NEVER stop at red lights, or so we are told.

Someone did a Cheerless style "proper survey" in London and found out that drivers passed through more lights at red/amber than cyclists did.

That does not say much.
There are many more drivers than bicyclists.

PS I stop at red lights. Then I can ogle the deliciously miniskirted,
hot-pantsed and low-topped girls jauntily walking past.

Simon Jester July 18th 19 03:56 PM

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 10:04:46 AM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:
On 18. 7. 2019 10:31, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 1:18:13 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 4:01:59 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
"Used his car as a weapon".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murders.html

"a group of cyclists who had stopped at a red light"
How is this possible? Cyclists NEVER stop at red lights, or so we are told.

Someone did a Cheerless style "proper survey" in London and found out that drivers passed through more lights at red/amber than cyclists did.

That does not say much.
There are many more drivers than bicyclists.

Not necessarily true in the London rush hour.
Also when a car stops at the red light all cars behind have to stop but SUV users can continue if they so chose. You have to only count those who had the opportunity to jump the light.