CycleBanter.com

-   -   London pollution warning. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=226292)

Doug[_3_] March 25th 11 09:01 AM

London pollution warning.

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

JNugent[_7_] March 25th 11 09:20 AM

London pollution warning.

On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

Does winding up the driver's window and switching on the air-con count as
being indoors?

You could always try this (HTH):

http://www.asianoffbeat.com/default.asp?Display=1904

Mrcheerful[_2_] March 25th 11 09:55 AM

London pollution warning.

Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

oh good, no pitiful mess tonight.

Matt B March 25th 11 10:03 AM

London pollution warning.

On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

ITYF it's not "motorists", but London buses, taxis and goods vehicles
and European power stations and agriculture that are the main problems.

--
Matt B

francis March 25th 11 11:49 AM

London pollution warning.

On Mar 25, 9:55*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

oh good, no pitiful mess tonight.

Perhaps suffocating is more effective than ramming

Mrcheerful[_2_] March 25th 11 12:02 PM

London pollution warning.

Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

oh good, no pitiful mess tonight.

Perhaps suffocating is more effective than ramming

they will grizzle whichever happens.

Doug[_3_] March 25th 11 12:16 PM

London pollution warning.

On Mar 25, 10:03*am, Matt B wrote:
On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

ITYF it's not "motorists", but London buses, taxis and goods vehicles
and European power stations and agriculture that are the main problems.

No, road traffic is the main problem in London and cars are 80% of all
road traffic. Also petrol vehicles are mainly responsible for benzene
which is carcinogenic.

Doug.

Mrcheerful[_2_] March 25th 11 01:01 PM

London pollution warning.

Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

the air quality monitoring thingy shows all of London as green, so all ok
actually:
http://www.londonair.org.uk/london/asp/default.asp

Matt B March 25th 11 01:16 PM

London pollution warning.

On 25/03/2011 12:16, Doug wrote:
On Mar 25, 10:03 am, Matt wrote:
On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

ITYF it's not "motorists", but London buses, taxis and goods vehicles
and European power stations and agriculture that are the main problems.

No, road traffic is the main problem in London and cars are 80% of all
road traffic.

They may be 80% of the traffic, but how much of the troublesome
pollution do they cause - 20%, 30%?

Buses and taxis are a big pollution problem in central London and goods
vehicles are a big problem anywhere that industry and shops are present.
And much of the recent pollution blew in from Europe anyway.

--
Matt B

The Medway Handyman[_4_] March 25th 11 05:59 PM

London pollution warning.

At what concentration **** for brains?