CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclist mown down by lamp-post (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=241151)

Mrcheerful[_3_] June 6th 13 11:58 PM

Cyclist mown down by lamp-post

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

jnugent June 7th 13 01:53 AM

Cyclist mown down by lamp-post

On 06/06/2013 23:58, Mrcheerful wrote:

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

It's difficult to know what was the state of mind of the borough
engineer who decided to site a lamp-post in the middle of the
carriageway (or of a cycle-lane).

ennemm[_2_] June 7th 13 08:22 AM

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...us-condition-a...

It's difficult to know what was the state of mind of the borough
engineer who decided to site a lamp-post in the middle of the
carriageway (or of a cycle-lane).

I failed to find the bit in the report where it says the lamp post was
situated in the middle of the road/path, do you have some local
knowledge?

On the strength of the quoted report I make it the cyclists fault not
the borough engineers or anyone else's for that matter.

John Benn June 7th 13 09:04 AM

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

It was the driver's fault. Err...

Squashme June 7th 13 09:42 AM

On Jun 7, 9:04*am, "John Benn" wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...us-condition-a...

It was the driver's fault. *Err...

You should write "goak" or something to help the lesser mortals in the
pack.

--------------------------------
Blue on blue.

TMS320 June 7th 13 10:49 AM

Cyclist mown down by lamp-post

"Mrcheerful" wrote

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

Many years ago, I was cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to ask
whether I could see a bollard on a cycle way. I simply answered "no, you
have to know it's there". I would have had a Never Ready front lamp at that
time. The answer satisfied her and we didn't engage in further conversation.

Don't make assumptions.

Squashme June 7th 13 10:59 AM

On Jun 7, 10:49*am, "TMS320" wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...us-condition-a...

Many years ago, I was cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to ask
whether I could see a bollard on a cycle way.

"I simply answered "No, that's no bollard, lady. I'm just pleased to
see you!""

Squashme's the name! I'm here all week.

Gefreiter Krueger June 7th 13 04:08 PM

Are you ****ing blind or something?

--
An Ohio teen has pleaded innocent to stealing his mother's credit card to pay for a friend's breast enlargement surgery.
Police say it's lucky they caught the guy quickly; otherwise, it may have turned into a bigger bust.

Gefreiter Krueger June 7th 13 04:09 PM

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 23:58:36 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

Why close the road for such a small accident? It's not like there's a huge overturned lorry blocking the road.