CycleBanter.com

-   -   Random stupidity - wireless cyclo computers and wireless laptops... (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=95548)

C.J.Patten July 8th 05 10:33 PM

Random stupidity - wireless cyclo computers and wireless laptops...

HA! I just did 8.5km without leaving my computer.

Apparently, a wireless cyclo-computer thinks the signals from a Wi-Fi card
are a wheel spinning at "80km/hr". LOL!

Random stupidity.

Werehatrack July 8th 05 11:32 PM

Random stupidity - wireless cyclo computers and wireless laptops...

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:33:11 -0400, "C.J.Patten"
wrote:

HA! I just did 8.5km without leaving my computer.

Apparently, a wireless cyclo-computer thinks the signals from a Wi-Fi card
are a wheel spinning at "80km/hr". LOL!

Random stupidity.

Have you tried checking how fast your cell phone's ringing will make
the comp think you're going?
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

David July 9th 05 11:50 AM

Random stupidity - wireless cyclo computers and wireless laptops...

"C.J.Patten" wrote in message
Don't own a cell phone.

;)

I guess that explains why you never answer your voicemail. Sorry about
accusing you of snubbing me...

Dave

RNK July 9th 05 12:14 PM

Random stupidity - wireless cyclo computers and wireless laptops...

I know the problem :)

At a few of the busier trafficlights in the city I'd do 176 km/h.
Standing still. That kinda gives your average speed a weird twist...

Robin

Mark Hickey July 9th 05 03:05 PM

"C.J.Patten" wrote:

HA! I just did 8.5km without leaving my computer.

Apparently, a wireless cyclo-computer thinks the signals from a Wi-Fi card
are a wheel spinning at "80km/hr". LOL!

Wow. What a great training tip. I wonder if I can get a higher-data
rate Wi-Fi card and go even faster. If so, they'd better watch out
for me at the next time trial! ;-)

Random stupidity.

The best kind (my specialty, actually) (obviously).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame