CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Oval Chain Rings (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254290)

Tom Kunich[_4_] July 22nd 17 11:17 PM

Oval Chain Rings

The only one I saw using these things was Froome. When they first came out some 30 years ago I got one of the first sets and let me tell you - I certainly did NOT find them to be better than round rings. And I pedal circles which is supposed to be the strong suit of these things. I wonder how Froome gets these things to work at all?

Davey Crockett[_13_] July 23rd 17 01:39 AM

Oval Chain Rings

Tom Kunich a écrit profondement:

| The only one I saw using these things was Froome. When they first came
| out some 30 years ago I got one of the first sets and let me tell you
| - I certainly did NOT find them to be better than round rings. And I
| pedal circles which is supposed to be the strong suit of these
| things. I wonder how Froome gets these things to work at all?

Interestingly, taking a close-up physical look at J.F. Bernard's
bike, mid to late 80s, the chainring proudly displayed a "Biopace"
sticker.

But a closer inspection of the chainrings revealed that they were
actually round.

LMAO

--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg