CycleBanter.com

-   -   Driver flees after not hitting cyclist (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=253087)

Alycidon July 29th 16 08:36 AM

Driver flees after not hitting cyclist

QUOTE:
A DRIVER ran off after the car he was driving lost control and careered into a hedge in Dunswell. The blue Renault Clio ended up outside the gate of a home on Dunswell Road after losing control just before the Dunswell Roundabout.

Police were called to the accident, which happened at around 7.15pm, but the driver had already fled. The car came to rest at the gate of the home belonging to Claire Capes and her family.

She said: "We didn't even hear anything until someone used to the intercom to tell us what had happened. "I was told the car was overtaking a vehicle round the corner at speed and then lost control and went into the hedge.

"It was a shock to open the gate and see this wreck here. I'm just relieved no one was walking or cycling by at the time.

Read more at http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/drive...ESYt8vOWf2y.99