CycleBanter.com

-   -   Winter Hill, Bolton (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=101094)

Mac August 8th 05 07:59 PM

Winter Hill, Bolton

Hi guys!

I was just wondering if anyone has ridden upto the top of Winter Hill near
Bolton?

Woady

Tony Raven August 8th 05 08:59 PM

Winter Hill, Bolton

Mac wrote:
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if anyone has ridden upto the top of Winter Hill near
Bolton?

Yep and there are some challenging downhill runs off the top near the
transmitter. You are not supposed to ride there though.

--
Tony

Anon

Mac August 8th 05 09:00 PM

Winter Hill, Bolton

"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Yep and there are some challenging downhill runs off the top near the
transmitter. You are not supposed to ride there though.

--
Tony

Ok, thanks.

I was just wondering if it's possible to get up there!

Woady

Pete Whelan August 8th 05 09:38 PM

Winter Hill, Bolton

Mac wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Yep and there are some challenging downhill runs off the top near the
transmitter. You are not supposed to ride there though.

--
Tony

Ok, thanks.

I was just wondering if it's possible to get up there!

Woady

it's essentially a private farm road, with the transmitter station in
its own compound. just beware of the sheep trying to nick your bike

The Luggage August 10th 05 02:50 PM

Winter Hill, Bolton

Mac wrote:
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if anyone has ridden upto the top of Winter Hill near
Bolton?

Up it - no. Round it - yes, frequently when I lived wi' mi Mam an' Dad.
The (road) descent to the Black Dog at Belmont is excellent - slightly
bendy to give extra thrills. I remember overtaking cars down there when
I was younger. The 1:6 uphill to get there from Rivington was a bit of
a killer. Got my best speed (~45 mph) going down in though!

The Luggage