CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   chain length after frame change(same drivetrain) (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=203557)

chrisc[_3_] May 19th 09 10:45 PM

chain length after frame change(same drivetrain)

hi. i just changed all my components over to a smaller frame. I was
wondering how to tell if the chain should have links removed or not? I
know it should be able to go over the biggest cog and the largest
chainring which it can. The distance from the bottom bracket to the
rear dropout is less of course on the new frame. Thanks

Tom_Sherman May 20th 09 03:44 AM

See http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html#chain.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll

chrisc[_3_] May 20th 09 04:15 PM

chain length after frame change(same drivetrain)

That's simple enough. Thanks a lot.