CycleBanter.com

-   -   Bike with mudguards on. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=206686)

Martin[_2_] July 24th 09 03:56 PM

Bike with mudguards on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chloesm...40794/sizes/l/

Just to show a nice recent bike with mudguards on. Also appears to have
light brackets and a rear reflector. Nice comfy handle bar grips, the
seat looks good too, and a rack with pannier for luggage.

Martin.

Martin[_2_] July 24th 09 11:48 PM

Bike with mudguards on.

Ken wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chloesm...40794/sizes/l/

Just to show a nice recent bike with mudguards on. Also appears to have
light brackets and a rear reflector. Nice comfy handle bar grips, the
seat looks good too, and a rack with pannier for luggage.

Martin.

What bike?

The one being held by Chloe Smith.

Does anyone here live in her constituency?
(Does wafferly?)

Martin.

Rob Morley July 25th 09 04:48 AM

Bike with mudguards on.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec018119

Pip Ryder July 25th 09 10:56 PM

Bike with mudguards on.

Rob Morley wrote:
"Ken" wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

Just to show a nice recent bike with mudguards on.

What bike?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec018119

I like it. Seems quite a decent utility bike. I half fancy getting one
myself now I've seen it. I wonder if it would make a reasonable touring
bike as well. What do people think of the specification?

Rob Morley July 26th 09 08:07 AM

Bike with mudguards on.

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:56:15 +0100
Pip Ryder wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
"Ken" wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

Just to show a nice recent bike with mudguards on.
What bike?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec018119

I like it. Seems quite a decent utility bike. I half fancy getting
one myself now I've seen it. I wonder if it would make a reasonable
touring bike as well. What do people think of the specification?

It looks a bit crappy to me. It's got cheapo steel forks, nasty gear
levers, a freewheel rather than a cassette hub, and I hate those
adjustable stems. Apart from that it's fine ... if you like that sort
of thing.

David Damerell July 27th 09 05:08 PM

Bike with mudguards on.

Quoting Ken :
"Martin" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chloesm...40794/sizes/l/

What bike?

Curiously, although I presume that's the usual unwitty gag, when I C&Ped
the link the entire bike bit of the photograph ended up below the fold and
I did find myself thinking "wait, where *is* the bike?" for a moment.
--
David Damerell Kill the tomato!
Today is Second Teleute, July.