CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Deignan v. Kreuziger (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=209294)

bar September 17th 09 06:50 PM

Deignan v. Kreuziger

In the last 5 or 6k Kreuz looked to be the strongest/smoothest ...
then he just kind of died or gave up in the sprint ... anyone else
think that looked weird? Or maybe I misread the whole thing ...

z September 17th 09 06:58 PM

Deignan v. Kreuziger

bar wrote:
In the last 5 or 6k Kreuz looked to be the strongest/smoothest ...
then he just kind of died or gave up in the sprint ... anyone else
think that looked weird? Or maybe I misread the whole thing ...

$$$?

Andre September 17th 09 08:41 PM

Deignan v. Kreuziger

On Sep 17, 1:58*pm, z wrote:
bar wrote:
In the last 5 or 6k Kreuz looked to be the strongest/smoothest ...
then he just kind of died or gave up in the sprint ... anyone else
think that looked weird? Or maybe I misread the whole thing ...

$$$?

Rewind the tape. Kreuziger tried to go with 1k with a surprise move
but Deignan caught his wheel: the move burned Kreuziger's leg for the
final 200 meters or so.

Andre

bar September 18th 09 01:14 AM

Deignan v. Kreuziger

On Sep 17, 3:41*pm, Andre wrote:
On Sep 17, 1:58*pm, z wrote:

bar wrote:
In the last 5 or 6k Kreuz looked to be the strongest/smoothest ...
then he just kind of died or gave up in the sprint ... anyone else
think that looked weird? Or maybe I misread the whole thing ...

$$$?

Rewind the tape. Kreuziger tried to go with 1k with a surprise move
but Deignan caught his wheel: the move burned Kreuziger's leg for the
final 200 meters or so.

Andre

yep, in retrospect, I think that's what happened. Kruez tried to ride
him off with around 1k to go, whereas Deignan stayed on the wheel and
waited ... it must've been significantly uphill all the way.