CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What do wet clothes weigh? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=258879)

[email protected] February 13th 20 07:12 PM

What do wet clothes weigh?

On Friday, February 16, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Alan Bloom wrote:
I commuted home in the rain last night. On a whim, I weighed my wet
clothes (not including shoes) when I got home: 6 lb 12 oz (3.09 kg).
Then I washed and dried them and re-weighed: 3 lb ((1.37 kg).
That's close to 4 pounds of water that I had to haul up the hill!

Less-absorbent clothes might be a consideration if you ride in the rain
a lot in hilly terrain. I was wearing shorts, long cycling pants,
T shirt, windbreaker, gloves and socks.

Alan Bloom

wow thanks

Mariah Mckay May 1st 21 05:38 PM

What do wet clothes weigh?

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 1:12:50 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, February 16, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Alan Bloom wrote:
I commuted home in the rain last night. On a whim, I weighed my wet
clothes (not including shoes) when I got home: 6 lb 12 oz (3.09 kg).
Then I washed and dried them and re-weighed: 3 lb ((1.37 kg).
That's close to 4 pounds of water that I had to haul up the hill!

Less-absorbent clothes might be a consideration if you ride in the rain
a lot in hilly terrain. I was wearing shorts, long cycling pants,
T shirt, windbreaker, gloves and socks.

Alan Bloom

wow thanks

how is it that im reading an email conversation between two people ive never met from 1996? how did google get a hold of this??