CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Shimano OB crank installation? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=167646)

▀Slack August 11th 07 04:25 AM

Shimano OB crank installation?

Man, I'm confused. I know, what else is new...

I installed my bearings, then fitted the cranks (yes, I did follow
Shimano's instruction sheet), but there isn't much interface between the
the spindle gear shaft and non-drive side crank.
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/83685940/original

Is this normal. Also, I measured the crank arm clearance between the
cranks and the rear tri:

Drive side Non-Drive
..413" .554"

And I used only one spacer on the non-drive per Shimano's instruction for
a 68mm shell.

What the heck? What I do wrong (shut up JD)? Do I just removel the 2.5mm
spacer?

help... please
--
Slack

▀Slack August 11th 07 04:51 AM

Shimano OB crank installation?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:25:40 -0700, ▀Slack wrote:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=1#post3400066

AMB = 0
Mtb-Retards = 1

No wonder everyone abandoned AMB (shut up JD)
--
Slack :p