CycleBanter.com

-   -   The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12states (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=261044)

SMS January 12th 21 03:12 PM

The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12states

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

Can't believe that they're not routing it through Cupertino.

Ralph Barone[_4_] January 12th 21 03:26 PM

sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

Can't believe that they're not routing it through Cupertino.

“... the route will eventually connect over 145 existing paths.”

Maybe you can raise some funds and build a connecting spur to Spokane.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] January 12th 21 03:36 PM

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

And bicyclists riding (gasp!) roads as far away as Texas will hear
shouts, "Get on that bike path!"

--
- Frank Krygowski

[email protected] January 12th 21 09:04 PM

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 9:12:46 AM UTC-6, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

Can't believe that they're not routing it through Cupertino.

Looks like the route is going to use the bicycle trails already in place around my city. They are heavily used right now. In warmer weather anyway.

John B.[_3_] January 12th 21 10:57 PM

The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12 states

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 07:12:39 -0800, sms
wrote:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

Can't believe that they're not routing it through Cupertino.

According to the map shown in the article it doesn't even come close
to California. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

John B.[_3_] January 12th 21 11:01 PM

The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12 states

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:36:08 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

And bicyclists riding (gasp!) roads as far away as Texas will hear
shouts, "Get on that bike path!"

And why ever not? After all they are building y'all a special bicycle
highway, all the way from one coast to the other. Special, just for
you. And now you want my road too?
--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi January 12th 21 11:18 PM

wrote:

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

And bicyclists riding (gasp!) roads as far away as Texas will hear
shouts, "Get on that bike path!"

And why ever not? After all they are building y'all a special bicycle
highway, all the way from one coast to the other. Special, just for
you. And now you want my road too?

harumph.

One of the few things I hate more than "Everyone ought
to..." is the pernicious, "You people..."

As the unflappable Duke Ellington replied when asked about
'the music of your people', "My people? Piano players?
Dilettantes? Lovers of beaujolais?"
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

John B.[_3_] January 13th 21 12:40 AM

wrote:

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

And bicyclists riding (gasp!) roads as far away as Texas will hear
shouts, "Get on that bike path!"

And why ever not? After all they are building y'all a special bicycle
highway, all the way from one coast to the other. Special, just for
you. And now you want my road too?

harumph.

One of the few things I hate more than "Everyone ought
to..." is the pernicious, "You people..."

As the unflappable Duke Ellington replied when asked about
'the music of your people', "My people? Piano players?
Dilettantes? Lovers of beaujolais?"

How else do you address a group of people? "Hey! You!
On second thought, "you" as used above would be the singular so you'd
have to holler Hey! You! and you and you and you and you and you ...

As for Duke Ellington and "my people" he released an album titled "My
People" in 1963 which included a blues number titled "My People".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] January 13th 21 02:14 AM

wrote:

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

And bicyclists riding (gasp!) roads as far away as Texas will hear
shouts, "Get on that bike path!"

And why ever not? After all they are building y'all a special bicycle
highway, all the way from one coast to the other. Special, just for
you. And now you want my road too?

harumph.

One of the few things I hate more than "Everyone ought
to..." is the pernicious, "You people..."

As the unflappable Duke Ellington replied when asked about
'the music of your people', "My people? Piano players?
Dilettantes? Lovers of beaujolais?"

How else do you address a group of people? "Hey! You!
On second thought, "you" as used above would be the singular so you'd
have to holler Hey! You! and you and you and you and you and you ...

In Piksburg they solved that long ago. It's "yinz."

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWYj...ature=youtu.be

or https://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/a...pittsburghese/

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.[_3_] January 13th 21 02:26 AM

The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12 states

wrote:

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
[...]

A good friend used to illustrate how English was spoken in "Brooklyn
(New York) in his youth. "Jeet yet?"

I left New Hampshire in 1950 and essentially never went back. In the
1990's I met a woman in Singapore who, as soon as I opened my mouth
said, Oh! I love your accent". The first thought that popped into my
mind when she said that was, "Gee, I don't have an accent" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.