CycleBanter.com

-   -   Trek 330 Seatpost Size? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=96434)

Bill August 19th 05 05:51 PM

Trek 330 Seatpost Size?

Anyone know the seatpost size for an '88 Trek 330 ?
I thought it was 27.2 but it doesn't seem to fit.

Thanks

Andrew F Martin August 19th 05 09:52 PM

Trek 330 Seatpost Size?

Try calipers.

[email protected] August 19th 05 09:55 PM

Trek 330 Seatpost Size?

Bill wrote:
Anyone know the seatpost size for an '88 Trek 330 ?
I thought it was 27.2 but it doesn't seem to fit.

It isn't listed in the seatpost database
http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html#t, so you really have
only one good option: measure it. Either measure the existing
seatpost that fits it with a pair of calipers, or measure the inside of
the seat tube with a pair of calipers. Another option is to see if the
the existing seatpost has it's size marked on it - sometimes they do,
sometimes they don't. If you don't have an accurate set of calipers,
find someone who does. Any decent LBS should.

Later,
Mark Muller

Michael Press August 21st 05 12:07 AM

Trek 330 Seatpost Size?

In article
.com,
" wrote:

Bill wrote:
Anyone know the seatpost size for an '88 Trek 330 ?
I thought it was 27.2 but it doesn't seem to fit.

It isn't listed in the seatpost database
http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html#t, so you really have
only one good option: measure it. Either measure the existing
seatpost that fits it with a pair of calipers, or measure the inside of
the seat tube with a pair of calipers. Another option is to see if the
the existing seatpost has it's size marked on it - sometimes they do,
sometimes they don't. If you don't have an accurate set of calipers,
find someone who does. Any decent LBS should.

Also verify that the seat post is not crimped at the top.
What is the material of the top tube?

--
Michael Press