CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RANS Stratus (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=222937)

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_] November 17th 10 03:29 AM

RANS Stratus

On 11/16/2010 10:12 AM, Opus the Poet wrote:
Not true, I converted a 1983 Stratus to 27 speed but kept the friction
shifters because even after 20 years they were still in excellent
condition and worked fine.[...]

Does/did the Stratus have the shifters on the tube in front of the seat?

E.g. http://www.ransbikes.com/about%20rans/aboutstratus.jpg

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Opus[_2_] November 17th 10 03:01 PM

RANS Stratus

On Nov 16, 9:29*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 11/16/2010 10:12 AM, Opus the Poet wrote:

Not true, I converted a 1983 Stratus to 27 speed but kept the friction
shifters because even after 20 years they were still in excellent
condition and worked fine.[...]

Does/did the Stratus have the shifters on the tube in front of the seat?

E.g. http://www.ransbikes.com/about%20rans/aboutstratus.jpg

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Yes it does. I'm currently rebuilding the rear part of the frame that
got bent when the derailler exploded (long story, short version
something got caught in the chain and I have very strong legs), and I
converted the front to 700c. A previous owner had converted the rear
to 700c some time ago by installing a long reach rear caliper which I
replaced with a long reach double pivot caliper because the rear
brakes pretty much sucked. I had the loop bars with the fairing/goody
bag and also a pair of chopper bars circa 1984 that I installed when
the loop bars broke from stuffing too many goodies into the goody bag.