CycleBanter.com

-   -   Hyperbole? not from a cyclist, surely? Pavement cyclist claims aterrorist in a van weapon came near him. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=253229)

MrCheerful September 22nd 16 03:44 PM

Hyperbole? not from a cyclist, surely? Pavement cyclist claims aterrorist in a van weapon came near him.

“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

[email protected] September 22nd 16 08:00 PM

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

jnugent September 22nd 16 08:03 PM

On 22-Sep-16 9:00 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

A. There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

B. Fedex drivers tend to be self-employed owner-drivers, so their
*business* pays all relevant taxes as costs to the business (and as
reductions to the profit).

So... sort of "no", "no" and "yes".

Alycidon September 22nd 16 08:13 PM

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 20:01:00 UTC+1, wrote:

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

Nope - many pay nothing at all.

QUOTE: "By the end of FY12, FedEx Express had increased our global electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) fleet to 482 vehicles, an increase of nearly 18%."

http://www.fedex.com/gb/about/sustai...vironment.html

[email protected] September 22nd 16 09:11 PM

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:03:32 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22-Sep-16 9:00 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

A. There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

Some people call it VED.
Some, exceptionally low IQ, people call it Road Tax

B. Fedex drivers tend to be self-employed owner-drivers,

Can you provide some evidence for that?

So... sort of "no", "no" and "yes".

I think simply 'No' will suffice.
Remember the cyclist probably owns a taxed car, the difference is the cyclist's car is likely to be parked off road on private property unlike the minimum wage Fedex driver.

jnugent September 22nd 16 09:23 PM

wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

A. There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

Some people call it VED.
Some, exceptionally low IQ, people call it Road Tax

There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

That is all.

You know nothing about IQ, clearly.

B. Fedex drivers tend to be self-employed owner-drivers,

Can you provide some evidence for that?

I know it to be true because a Fedex driver who is a good friend tells
me about the way the drivers relate to the company.

What more do you want? His name and address?

You won't get those.

So... sort of "no", "no" and "yes".

I think simply 'No' will suffice.

Are you sure?

Remember the cyclist probably owns a taxed car, the difference is the cyclist's car is likely to be parked off road on private property unlike the minimum wage Fedex driver.

What does that (even if it were true) have to do with anything?

[email protected] September 22nd 16 09:53 PM

wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

A. There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

Some people call it VED.
Some, exceptionally low IQ, people call it Road Tax

There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

That is all.

You know nothing about IQ, clearly.

What term would you suggest for VED?

B. Fedex drivers tend to be self-employed owner-drivers,

Can you provide some evidence for that?

I know it to be true because a Fedex driver who is a good friend tells
me about the way the drivers relate to the company.

You are now claiming that if I want to become a Fedex driver I have to buy a specific type of motor vehicle, have it painted in the company colours and wear the company uniform?

Why would anyone do that?

What more do you want? His name and address?

You won't get those.

I am not interested in your 'friend with benefits'.

jnugent September 22nd 16 10:16 PM

wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

A. There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

Some people call it VED.
Some, exceptionally low IQ, people call it Road Tax

There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.
That is all.
You know nothing about IQ, clearly.

What term would you suggest for VED?

What is "VED"?

B. Fedex drivers tend to be self-employed owner-drivers,

Can you provide some evidence for that?

I know it to be true because a Fedex driver who is a good friend tells
me about the way the drivers relate to the company.

You are now claiming that if I want to become a Fedex driver I have to buy a specific type of motor vehicle, have it painted in the company colours and

wear the company uniform?

Have you always had such a vivid imagination?

Why would anyone do that?

What more do you want? His name and address?
You won't get those.

I am not interested in your 'friend with benefits'.

What are you bleating about now?

Peter Parry September 22nd 16 10:20 PM

Hyperbole? not from a cyclist, surely? Pavement cyclist claims a terrorist in a van weapon came near him.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:13:46 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
wrote:

Nope - many pay nothing at all.

Many?

QUOTE: "By the end of FY12, FedEx Express had increased our global electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) fleet to 482 vehicles, an increase of nearly 18%."

Out of a total vehicle fleet size of 40,000 vehicles that is really
impressive. How many cargo bicycles do they intend to use?

Tony Dragon September 22nd 16 10:37 PM

wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:44:52 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
“Terrorism is defined as a violent action for political purposes. When
people shout things at me like ‘pay your road tax’, is that not
political? Is that not terrorism?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183063...rage-showdown/

Are Fedex drivers required to personally pay the carbon tax (aka VED) on their company vehicles?

A. There is no carbon tax on vehicles in the UK.

Some people call it VED.
Some, exceptionally low IQ, people call it Road Tax

B. Fedex drivers tend to be self-employed owner-drivers,

Can you provide some evidence for that?

So... sort of "no", "no" and "yes".

I think simply 'No' will suffice.
Remember the cyclist probably owns a taxed car, the difference is the cyclist's car is likely to be parked off road on private property unlike the minimum wage Fedex driver.

"Taxed car"?

You just said that those who didn't call it VED have a low IQ.

Have you got a low IQ/

---