CycleBanter.com

-   -   You'd have thought he'd be safe there (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=258568)

Simon Mason[_6_] December 4th 19 05:50 PM

You'd have thought he'd be safe there

QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Mr Pounder Esquire December 4th 19 06:08 PM

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?
uk.rec.cycling
A emergency vehicle saved you.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...ape-xgz3xkl3p#

Did you feel safe whilst they were saving your life?
It really is best that you keep your comments to silly pedal cycles and not
against emergency workers. Try not be a **** Simon.

Simon Mason[_6_] December 4th 19 06:17 PM

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 6:08:31 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?
uk.rec.cycling

There is no charter for urc and some people have said that we cannot even discuss the Tour de France here as it is not in the UK. We ignore them.

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I used to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Mr Pounder Esquire December 4th 19 06:43 PM

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?
uk.rec.cycling

There is no charter for urc and some people have said that we cannot
even discuss the Tour de France here as it is not in the UK. We
ignore them.

Cheap snip. An ambulance saved your life, now you seem to want to slag off
the ambulance. You should be disgusted with yourself.

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I used
to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Odd that I can't read about the silly cycle lane in that report.

Simon Mason[_6_] December 4th 19 07:19 PM

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 6:43:22 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I used
to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Odd that I can't read about the silly cycle lane in that report.

I thought you said once that you did some business on the industrial estate down there a few years ago? Sutton Road, perhaps?

MrCheerful December 4th 19 07:23 PM

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

there is no cycle lane in the pictures. the collision was a minor one,
and is probably unrelated to the cause of the death of someone already
ill. At an educated guess it looks like the yaris turned right as the
ambulance tried to overtake, so carelessness from both drivers.

Simon Jester December 4th 19 07:30 PM

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?

I would tell you to look in the mirror but if you want to become a cyclist you will have to start paying tax.

Mr Pounder Esquire December 4th 19 07:32 PM

wrote:

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I
used to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Odd that I can't read about the silly cycle lane in that report.

I thought you said once that you did some business on the industrial
estate down there a few years ago? Sutton Road, perhaps?

Too many years ago, now over 20 years ago. But I do remember the 4 hour
drive from Blackpool. Well remembered Mr Mason.
https://www.magnet.co.uk/find-a-show...m_medium=local

Simon Mason[_6_] December 4th 19 07:36 PM

wrote:

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I
used to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Odd that I can't read about the silly cycle lane in that report.

I thought you said once that you did some business on the industrial
estate down there a few years ago? Sutton Road, perhaps?

Too many years ago, now over 20 years ago. But I do remember the 4 hour
drive from Blackpool. Well remembered Mr Mason.
https://www.magnet.co.uk/find-a-show...m_medium=local

Off Leads Road where the collision occured.

Simon Mason[_6_] December 4th 19 07:41 PM

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?
uk.rec.cycling

There is no charter for urc and some people have said that we cannot even discuss the Tour de France here as it is not in the UK. We ignore them.

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I used to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Here is the cycle lane and ASL.

https://goo.gl/maps/wqwTnTFzu6i7wmqv6

Mr Pounder Esquire December 4th 19 07:44 PM

wrote:

The ambulance and car crashed on a cycle lane - I know because I
used to cycle down Leads Road now and again.

Odd that I can't read about the silly cycle lane in that report.

I thought you said once that you did some business on the industrial
estate down there a few years ago? Sutton Road, perhaps?

Too many years ago, now over 20 years ago. But I do remember the 4
hour drive from Blackpool. Well remembered Mr Mason.
https://www.magnet.co.uk/find-a-show...m_medium=local

Off Leads Road where the collision occured.

Like I said, over 20 years ago.

Mr Pounder Esquire December 4th 19 07:46 PM

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?

I would tell you to look in the mirror but if you want to become a
cyclist you will have to start paying tax.

Says the group clown, the well known idiot.

Peter Keller[_3_] December 5th 19 09:59 AM

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has died after the ambulance he was being taken to hospital in
crashed on a Hull street.

The patient, who was in his 60s, was in the back of the emergency
service vehicle when it collided with a Toyota Yaris on Leads Road.

Paramedics were rushing the man to Hull Royal Infirmary after he
suffered a "medical episode" - but police have now confirmed that he
has passed away.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-road-3606969

Where is the cyclist?

I would tell you to look in the mirror but if you want to become a
cyclist you will have to start paying tax.

Says the group clown, the well known idiot.

Thanks greatly for that EXCELLENT cpliment coming from MISTER Pounder
ESQUIRE.