CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The dream is back (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=62071)

Capri September 20th 04 02:42 AM

The dream is back

Earlier this summer I had the good fortune to find a longbikes
Vanguard at a garage sale. Bicycle riding has become so much fun
again. Some years ago I pretty much stopped riding my upright bicycle
because of back pain. I sold my beautiful Motobecane touring bike and
along with it went my dreams of riding a bicycle across the country.
Now i am 58 years old and still need a good bit of work to get back
into good riding shape but I can ride all day without back pain. The
other evening I was looking at these newsgroups and began thinking
about THE RIDE again. I went digging into my old file cabinet and
found my old Bike Centennial maps covering Missoula, Montana (where I
lived at the time) to St Augustine, Fl. (pretty close to where I live
now).........Cross country on a recumbent...hmmmmmmmmmm? I may be 20
years older but THE DREAM IS BACK!

Phil

Robert L. Bass September 20th 04 06:49 AM

Cross country on a recumbent...hmmmmmmmmmm? I may be 20
years older but THE DREAM IS BACK!

Hi Phil,

Great that you had the luck to find that 'bent. Now (with apologies to
Nike), just do it!

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================
Bass Home Electronics
2291 Pine View Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34231
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================

Joe Keenan September 20th 04 08:16 PM

(Capri) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Congrats Phil...I too got "into" recumbents because of a bad back and
now do double centuries with no pain whatsoever.

You might enjoy visiting these other sites:

www.recumbents.com

www.bentrideronline.com

enjoy the ride

Slow Joe

James S. Prine September 20th 04 08:44 PM

enjoy the ride

So true. A wonderful metaphor for life itself, no?

After all, we all arrive at the same 'destination' eventually, yet it's how we
'travel' there that defines us.

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Robert L. Bass September 20th 04 10:18 PM

Howard September 21st 04 12:23 AM

(Capri) wrote in news:7a07cc9c.0409191742.2e3bc689
@posting.google.com:

[...]

Means, motive, opportunity... You lucky dog!

when you get a chance, look up
www.crazyguyonabike.com, and, for a Vanguard
take:
http://hypertextbook.com/bent/preface.shtml

Robert L. Bass September 21st 04 02:10 AM

After all, we all arrive at the same 'destination'
eventually, yet it's how we 'travel' there that
defines us.

I like to believe that it's how we travel that determines where we wind up.

Howard September 21st 04 02:55 AM

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in
:

I like to believe that it's how we travel that determines where we
wind up.

.... or at the very least unwind :-)

Robert L. Bass September 22nd 04 03:31 AM

I like to believe that it's how we travel that determines where we
wind up.

... or at the very least unwind :-)

Touché. :^)

Group Moderator September 22nd 04 08:48 AM

Subject: The dream is back
From: "Robert L. Bass"
Date: 9/20/2004 9:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time
After all, we all arrive at the same 'destination'
eventually, yet it's how we 'travel' there that
defines us.

I like to believe that it's how we travel that determines where we wind up.

Mike Said:
We all know where you will be traveling real soon.
http://goofysplace.com/heart.htm

Just not soon enough for Olson ......