CycleBanter.com

-   Off Road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Off-roading in Cape Cod? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=12207)

Rob Paton July 9th 03 03:35 AM

Off-roading in Cape Cod?

"Tony Scilipoti" wrote in message ...
West Barnstable town conservation area, just south of exit 5 off Route 6.

"Igor" wrote in message
m...
Hi All,

Couple of weeks ago great people on this forum gave me some great
advice, as a result of which we made the right buying decisions on the
bikes for me and wife. I ended up with Fuji Odessa and my wife got a
Raleigh hybrid. We have been riding them everyday and enjoy it more
and more everytime, as our bodies are slowly coming back into shape.

So... We have a Cape Cod vacation coming up in August and I wanted to
find out about any off-road trails. Nothing heavy, we're beginners. I
did a search on this forum - most people recommend Rail Trail - but
it's paved, so I'm not too crazy about it. I want to ride through the
woods, fields, anywhere where cars are not allowed.

Any suggestions? BTW, we're staying in Dennis Port.

TIA,

Igor.

You may also want to consider Nickerson SP if you head out toward
P-town one day. YOu can check out reviews at MTBR.com under the Mass
Trail Reviews.

I would also recommend checking out the trails in Martha's Vineyard if
you get out that way. I did a 16 mile route last year as part of the
MS Society's Tour the Vineyard. It was sweet single track. Much less
sandy than I expected. Really fast. Unfortunately, I do not know my
way around as I was following the blazes for the Tour. I do know we
started at the High School and headed into the trails behind it.

Have fun.

-Rob.